Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

I'm not a star wars geek so forgive my naivety but I was reading earlier in this thread that the events of the mandalorian take place after return of the jedi.

If that's the case then how could it possibly be the person that people are speculating it was at the end of the episode?

Didn't that person die in return of the jedi?

Ps, sorry if I'm creating an obvious spoiler but I don't know how to do the "hide contents" thing.

Edited by redskinss

11 hours ago, redskinss said:

I'm not a star wars geek so forgive my naivety but I was reading earlier in this thread that the events of the mandalorian take place after return of the jedi.

If that's the case then how could it possibly be the person that people are speculating it was at the end of the episode?

Didn't that person die in return of the jedi?

Ps, sorry if I'm creating an obvious spoiler but I don't know how to do the "hide contents" thing.

Spoiler

Supposedly, in comic books or some such, Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc Pitt because his Armor made him indigestible or some-such.

• Thanks 1

So me and my brother were talking last night and curious on others thoughts. We both said last night that Anakin needs to be involved in TROS in a big way or else as my brother put it “what are we doing here?” The first six films were all about Anakin so to not include him in a big way in this movie would completely invalidate this new trilogy I would think. 

I think that's fair. The prequels made the stories including the original trilogy one that followed Anakin's journey and redemption. It's no longer Luke's tale or the tale of the Skywalkers.

I guess the first two recent movies have sort of been about the quest to find Luke and Luke's redemption/return to service, but I can't really make that argument because Hamill's role was so small. This really is Rae's and Ren's journey. What I suspect is that the story will end up with Kylo becoming the good guy, rejecting the dark side as his grandfather did and turning from Sith to Jedi, but the movies so far really haven't had a narrative focus. I'm not complaining. I've enjoyed them, but I don't feel like we're coming to a conclusion and I don't see what that conclusion must be. Part of me guesses that's why they needed to bring the Emperor back... there's no villain to beat.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:53 PM, TK said:

The Amazon hidden clip...

That was actually really damn good. Atmosphere was so dark and creepy. Looked like they were in a Sith temple with all of the statues. I wonder what Palpatine meant when he said that every voice inside Kylo's head had been been him. Is he just ****ing with him or has he actually been controlling things from the get go?

I gotta say, Star Wars fans are like the Redskins fans of the NFL.  Some really good movies in the early years when it was owned by someone who knew what they were doing and everyone liked.  Then it was purchased by a bunch of dickbags and they've produced utter crap throughout the years.  Similar to Redskins alumni weekends, Star Wars fans get excited to see glimpses of the original gang that made them love the movies and keep hoping that the new, terrible ownership will somehow return this franchise to glory despite knowing deep down that there's no possible chance.

Begs the question, who's the Jar Jar Binks Redskins equivalent?  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Begs the question, who's the Jar Jar Binks Redskins equivalent?  

Gotta be vinny right.

Came in shortly after the original success, proceeded to destroy the franchise, and is no longer part of a still disorganized mess.

Also not the most handsome fella in the world.

Yeah my vote is for jar jar cerrato.

• Haha 1