Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

Your spoiler would be Phantom Menace level terrible. I hope it's the latter.

Episode 2 was great, goes to show how insanely annoying little ****s Jawas are. 

58 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

NSFW language in video but man what a rant 

Pretty sure Freddie reads this thread 

• Haha 1

Yeah, a hard pass on that speculation/spoiler.  Given some of the other creative decisions in Filoni's other works, including works that are cannon, that wouldn't make a lot of sense. Actually the timeline falls apart too.  Mandalorian takes place shortly after the ROTJ.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is that baby Yoda reincarnated or not?   Sure looks and acts like the Yoda and not just another member of Yoda's race.

Mandalorian is pretty good.

Spoiler

I read somewhere that Yoda's race is rare across the galaxy (probably because they age really slow which means they don't reproduce often) and that they're all force sensitive.

It was pointed out that the doctor in Episode 1 had a patch on his arm of the cloning facility from Attack of the Clones.  That leads to speculation that the baby is a clone of Yoda.  But the client wants it dead or alive (preferably dead probably because they know of it's force power) and I'm guessing their plan is to clone several for their purposes.    

6 hours ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

this is amazing. 

also, listening to that nerd rant makes me realize how stupid I was to watch a movie where he’s cast as Jennifer Love Hewitt’s love interest and I think “yeah that makes sense. I’ll go along with that” 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

also, listening to that nerd rant makes me realize how stupid I was to watch a movie where he’s cast as Jennifer Love Hewitt’s love interest and I think “yeah that makes sense. I’ll go along with that” 

He married Sarah Michelle Gellar though, and at the peak of her powers in 2002.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

I can't stand him. It's like he thinks since he voiced a character he now has full authority. Basically according to him if you hate The Last Jedi it's because you are butt hurt about a woman character in Star Wars. Or of you have any critiques or issues with how Rey has been developed. I'm sorry, what? 

Eh TLJ hate is a lot of butt hurt over the fact that Luke isn’t who everyone thought he would be and wanted him to be, which is “super Jedi master Luke back flipping over AtAts and yanking starships outta the sky with the force” 

the movie absolutely has flaws and some big ones but it doesn’t deserve the hate it gets imo. 

I don’t see how anyone can criticize Rey for being a Mary Sue and being ok with Luke in the OT either 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Eh TLJ hate is a lot of butt hurt over the fact that Luke isn’t who everyone thought he would be and wanted him to be, which is “super Jedi master Luke back flipping over AtAts and yanking starships outta the sky with the force” 

the movie absolutely has flaws and some big ones but it doesn’t deserve the hate it gets imo. 

I don’t see how anyone can criticize Rey for being a Mary Sue and being ok with Luke in the OT either 

I think the new canon forever competes with the old canon, now "legends".  There are legions of Star Wars fans who grew up on the post-OT content from the novels and comics and grew up loving the stories and character developments afterwards.  It's not just the jolt of the very startling direction they took with Luke's character, but also to see how much it contrasts with the "legends" Luke Skywalker.  I can understand some of the dislike from those fans' perspective.  I personally preferred the "legends" Luke too (not necessarily the OP, rip star destroyers out of sky things, but to see Luke grow into a true Jedi master).

With that said, I liked TLJ and I like Rey's character.  Just because I like the legends storylines doesn't mean I have to hate the new direction.  But if they end up borrowing heavily from Dark Empire in EP9, not sure how I'm gonna feel about that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bearrock said:

I think the new canon forever competes with the old canon, now "legends".  There are legions of Star Wars fans who grew up on the post-OT content from the novels and comics and grew up loving the stories and character developments afterwards.  It's not just the jolt of the very startling direction they took with Luke's character, but also to see how much it contrasts with the "legends" Luke Skywalker.  I can understand some of the dislike from those fans' perspective.  I personally preferred the "legends" Luke too (not necessarily the OP, rip star destroyers out of sky things, but to see Luke grow into a true Jedi master).

With that said, I liked TLJ and I like Rey's character.  Just because I like the legends storylines doesn't mean I have to hate the new direction.  But if they end up borrowing heavily from Dark Empire in EP9, not sure how I'm gonna feel about that.

I read the Timothy Zahn, Heir to the Emipre books--the ones that introduced Grand Admiral Thrawn. I stopped after the godawful Kevin Anderson Jedi Academy books. Maybe that's why I don't have an issue with TLJ. I rather liked the bitter, green-milk drinking Luke. I also liked his minor redemption arc.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is one of the critiques that I always shake my head at. The writing in all Star Wars movies has been ****, we just ignored it.

I don't expect perfect, nor do I think the others were perfect. I just think there is more in TLJ and more blatant ones and ones that bothered me more than other movies. Plus the changes it made to the Star Wars universe. I'm not nitpicking on small things here and there. I bet I could put forward a good bit more issues with TLJ then we could for the others. I walked out of the Last Jedi trying to love it, convincing myself it was great, so it's not like that just went in wanting to dislike it.

I also have no issue if someone else loves it and I'm not going to tell someone there reasons for liking it, it disliking others, are wrong or invalid. 

19 hours ago, bearrock said:

Yeah, I don't acknowledge any of this "Disney canon".

Legends forever.😉

Here is where all Star Wars fans (and I saw the first one in 1977 in a goddamn drive so leave me alone) are insane.

We all agree that ESB is the best movie by far.

In that movie, Luke trains with Yoda for maybe a week and a half. Seriously, his training his cross cut with the Falcon escaping from Hoth, going into an asteroid belt and going to Cloud City. That took three weeks tops. 

And the training seemed to consist entirely of running in a swamp and making **** float.

Luke didn't train long enough to win a Tough Man contest.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, Riggo#44 said:

I read the Timothy Zahn, Heir to the Emipre books--the ones that introduced Grand Admiral Thrawn. I stopped after the godawful Kevin Anderson Jedi Academy books. Maybe that's why I don't have an issue with TLJ. I rather liked the bitter, green-milk drinking Luke. I also liked his minor redemption arc.

That's as far as I got into the Expanded Universe too.

I quickly realized that I just didn't need books on the adventures of Wedge or whatever.

• Like 1