Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m ok with that exchange because they setup a lot of mysteries to reveal and the problem is they just haven’t done that yet 

The only thing that's going to be revealed is that JJ Abrams has a limited imagination. Do you know how much bull**** like that he's pulled with EVERYTHING else he's done??

"Ooooooh, I'm JJ Abrams!!! Here's a bunch of loose ends... it's a mystery!!! Total cliffhanger. You're never going to find out the answer or if you do, it will be something that I jam into this **** with a crowbar because I have no plan. I'm an asshole. Here, have some lens flare."

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The only thing that's going to be revealed is that JJ Abrams has a limited imagination. Do you know how much bull**** like that he's pulled with EVERYTHING else he's done??

"Ooooooh, I'm JJ Abrams!!! Here's a bunch of loose ends... it's a mystery!!! Total cliffhanger. You're never going to find out the answer or if you do, it will be something that I jam into this **** with a crowbar because I have no plan. I'm an asshole. Here, have some lens flare."

I may be wrong here, but I am beginning to believe you are not a fan of Abrams? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Lost in a nutshell.

You Could Own Darth Vader’s ‘Empire Strikes Back’ Helmet

Darth Vader is, undeniably, one of the most sinister and iconic movie villains of all time. And his blacked-out visage played a huge part in making it so. Now, one of his helmets from arguably the best of the original Star Wars movies is headed to auction.

Yes, this is an actual movie-worn piece of memorabilia that covered titanic actor David Prowse’s cranium in The Empire Strikes Back. Constructed almost entirely from fiberglass, the helmet is a bit worse for wear — dinged up from having been worn during shooting — but that adds a bit of character to this legendary costume piece. And with a legendary pedigree comes a high price, as the starting bid for this iconic prop is $250,000. And it’s very likely to fetch even more than that.

PURCHASE $250,000

Click on the link for the full story or the other link to place a bid

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As some of you might have seen my previous posts on this thread, I'm trying to build a legit lightsaber. Bought the Korbanth DM1 kit and going to install all the electronics myself.

Maul.thumb.JPG.49eedb224e1ee4284e4c07064444cab8.JPG

So far, I painted the windows on the emitter black and added the O-Rings to make it screen accurate. The buttons are cemented on, as these will be static.

The open holes are going to be for functional switches, 1 for the activation button and 1 for auxiliary button (blaster effects).

This is essentially a dual-install, since it's a double-bladed lightsaber, with a separate soundboard/LED for each side. You can detach and have two separate functional sabers as well as staff-mode as shown.

Still have a lot of work cut out ahead... waiting for the soundboards to arrive early November. Plus, a lot of soldering/wiring to do! Will give updates on the progress, if anyone is interested.

Darth Maul is my homeboy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

As some of you might have seen my previous posts on this thread, I'm trying to build a legit lightsaber. Bought the Korbanth DM1 kit and going to install all the electronics myself.

I hope you built them with some blue lasers at the core:

• Haha 2

On 10/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Went to Hollywood Disney on Tuesday.

I was there on Monday the 30th and had a good time nerding out.  Did you do the smugglers run ride where you pretend to pilot the M Falcon?  My wife said it was blind luck that I got the pilots chair, but nah... it was always going to be me sitting in that chair.  Her lack of faith is why my six year old got to co pilots seat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Went to Hollywood Disney on Tuesday.

Got a couple of nice pics:

Also, got a pic of the Millennium Falcon:

There's was also a show where some of the Star Wars stars were performing.  That's on my Camera, but when I upload those; will post those here also.

Nice pics bruv (had to take them out the quote for obvious reason)!

That reminds me of when I went to Star Wars Celebration this year.  I was a guest speaker with my mates podcast team so we got our tickets for free just for talking about Star Wars. 

Our panel was the most popular out of all of them and was packed out, to the point people were turned away because it was so filled.    

V5xCqLD.jpg

yRtaseN.jpg

2TxwyOB.jpg

Definitely the funnest vacation I've had in years

• Like 1

Yeah i feel like that spoils too much. It does seem like the joining of Rey and Kylo bring him out thru whatever reason. The death of snoke, the combined force powers uniting or whatever it ends up being. He’s always been around and something triggered him to return or reveal himself.

Im sticking with my theory. The first order is from the remnants of the empire so that’s one reason I think he is linked to Snoke somehow. Snoke is a horcrux like holder of Palpatines spirit and power. He had to bring dark and light together to cause enough force turbulence to release him or some **** and that’s why Snoke manipulated Rey and Kylo to meet and see each other in TLJ to put them on the path to releasing him. But the way that scene is shot with Rey makes it seem like he’s in some huge chair so it’s like a mech body or something could be a droid with his conscious in it 

I dont know. I’m really excited for it but I wish I hadn’t watched that lol

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

I get the impression y'all are saying Palpatine is coming back.  

And I could see that.  They left hints about a Sith who learned to conquer death or whatever mumbo jumbo it was.  And they've put hints out.  

But I'll point out:  The title of the episode is The Rise of Skywalker.  Not Rebirth of an Empire.  

And they have to give it a Good Guy ending.  

So, there's a Good Guy coming, too.  Might be Rey, but then there's still that pesky word "Skywalker".  Maybe they find out she's a Skywalker.  That pesky Skywalker family did love hiding their children.  (Almost as much as they love killing their fathers.)  

Or, there's a Skywalker coming back.  

I could see it being Luke.  But I could see it being Anakin, too.  Cue "There is good in him".  Cue "balance to the Force".  

I could see Darth Vader killing Palpatine twice.  (Heck, haven't we blown up the Death Star four times, or something?)  

Oh they could do the Big Trouble in Little China Lopan fate with Darth Sidious....his plan works, he is back.......just in time to be killed all over again a few scenes later.

The trailer was one big enigma, for what little it gave away of the actual action and set pieces it sure seemed to give away a lot of actual story line.  Of course it could be a carefully crafted trailer purposely edited to throw people off.

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The trailer was one big enigma, for what little it gave away of the actual action and set pieces it sure seemed to give away a lot of actual story line.  Of course it could be a carefully crafted trailer purposely edited to throw people off.

Ooh, maybe it will subvert expectations

[Rian Johnson intensifies]

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I've felt that way since I saw the title, but will still see it.  Must be a Redskins fan thing...

There are some commonalities between the two franchises... Like, they both were an awesome part of my childhood and they were both awesome. Another one is that they both suck now.

• Like 2

What if Rey is really Chewy's daughter?  

Seriously though, why did Lucas try so hard to jam Chewy into the prequels?  This whole scene with Yoda was so unnecessary.

So...  Luke just happens to run into Jan and this Chewy guy 20 years later at a bar.  Obi wan is there, but I guess he and Yoda never discussed Chewy during the Clone wars.  And then in ESB,  Chewy doesn't bother mentioning to Luke his strong ties to a certain Jedi master named Yoda, and Yoda might be the guy he's supposed to find (i.e. Yoda is a little green guy, so don't be surprised when you see him) and train with.  And then Yoda doesnt bother to mention to Luke that he's old friends with Chewy and his esteemed family.

Edited by kfrankie

The problem I have with the new trilogy is it seems to really have no concrete story-arc or theme

1. The Original Trilogy Arc - The classic "Hero's journey", the rebellion against the Empire, the redemption of Darth Vader, and then ultimately the fall of the empire

2. The Prequel Trilogy Arc - The fall of Anakin Skywalker to the dark side, the collapse of the Old Republic, the fall of the Jedi, the rise of the Galactic Empire.

3. The Sequel Trilogy Arc - ???? There's some bad guys who we don't really understand or where they came from...and there's some good guys who don't understand themselves or where they came from...and there's battles sometimes and...space????

I know the prequels get a lot of flak, but objectively speaking it's mostly due to poor/acting dialogue. The good actors (Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, Ian McDiarmid, Samuel L. etc) did a great job with what they had and worked with it. And at least the prequel trilogy has a proper arc and storyline that remains consistent with the universe as a whole. And Lucas tries to be more creative with showing different world's and planets.

I feel like the new trilogy tries too hard, plays it "safe", relies on baiting you with nostalgia, luring you in with the original cast just to kill them, and replace them with characters that aren't as cool or interesting. Then, they pretty much copy the original trilogy as if it's a magic formula, but they forget that it being unique and original in its time is what made it great in the first place.

Gonna be hard to somehow redeem this trilogy in my eyes with one last movie. I think in time, people will see it for the fraud it is after the Disney-tinted glasses come off.

Edited by Rogue Jedi