Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Historic Snow Fall 1/22/-1/24 #1 Baltimore #2 IAD *Top 4 DC

just654

The inch of snow wasn't the problem, it was that it instantly froze onto untreated roads and became a sheet of ice that was a problem. What happened around here last night doesn't happen every time we get an inch of snow.

Not to excuse bad drivers or people doing stupid stuff, but all the "DC freaks out over 1 inch of snow" stuff I've seen today is ridiculous.

Exactly what me and skinsmarydu and some others were trying to explain 2 years ago. I don't care who you are or where you're from, you can't drive safely on sheets of ice. Especially when there are hills involved.

someone at the tailgate is going to tell her i told you all she was a stripper and i'm not really going to be able to explain that.

Ha! A stripper!! I knew it, no way a Nurse could handle the Barrel Proof Bourbon like she does!!! LMAO!  ;)

The inch of snow wasn't the problem, it was that it instantly froze onto untreated roads and became a sheet of ice that was a problem. What happened around here last night doesn't happen every time we get an inch of snow.

Not to excuse bad drivers or people doing stupid stuff, but all the "DC freaks out over 1 inch of snow" stuff I've seen today is ridiculous.

I don't drive yet so I don't know how difficult was last night for people, I just like making fun of people that get into accidents (not serious accidents) or abandon their cars. I've even seen people drive horribly in NOVA and DC when it's raining. Been making fun of horrible drivers ever since I could talk :D

Probably one of the many reasons I'm definitely not going to heaven when I die ;)

I gave people in my hometown in Virginia (McLean) TONS of crap last night for freaking out over an inch of snow :P I've lived in NOVA my whole life and have seen plenty of stupid over such a little amount of snow, it hurts to imagine just how much worse things are going to get tomorrow night

I would like to see you drive up and down roads that were untreated and instantly had a layer of snow and a sheet of ice frozen on top of it. During peak rush hours.

I have no clue what we are getting in the Charlotte area.  Getting different predictions.  

weather.com has us getting freezing rain starting at 2am tomorrow, then snow from 3am to 5am, then freezing rain from 6am to 11pm (with some wintry mix tossed in there at random times), then snow from midnight through 1pm Saturday.

When I check accuweather, it has us only getting freezing rain all day tomorrow through Sat. morning, then flurries and not snow.

I have no clue what we are getting in the Charlotte area.  Getting different predictions.  

weather.com has us getting freezing rain starting at 2am tomorrow, then snow from 3am to 5am, then freezing rain from 6am to 11pm (with some wintry mix tossed in there at random times), then snow from midnight through 1pm Saturday.

When I check accuweather, it has us only getting freezing rain all day tomorrow through Sat. morning, then flurries and not snow.

This site is very good at updates & their forecasts. And you don't have to be Louie Allen to understand it...

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:28201.1.99999

Back in the day, Louie Allen used to predict snow storms in October based on sunspots. 

Please tell me this is joking!

This is telling me in the Leesburg, VA area we could be looking at 36-40"?

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/981218_953183721402401_3914532374521573092_o.jpg

That is the NAM model. Not sure which run of the NAM. The NAM normally is a little over done on totals.

Every Model today upped totals for the storm except the EURO. In fact the EURO dropped but not much. Taking DCA from 24in to 20in.

It is possible that could happen, it depends on where the major band sets up. I want to say there will be a place in the DMV area that gets 30plus inches.

This storm actually scares me.  And i don't mean in a fun way.

Running total forecast by TWC for northern Montgomery right now is 28 inches max.  17 inch minimum. 

DC is the same. 

Accuweather says northern Montgomery is 25 inches max.  15 inch min. 

Let's say 28 inches accumulate without a break.  That's up to my crotch.  You cannot even walk in snow that deep.  There's no walking. 

Looking beautiful on radar/wv/sat. right now. Coming together nicely.

We'll see how this storm takes shape but sometimes in the transition to a true nor'easter we may see the snow lighten up a bit. Inevitably "Is that it?" "That's all?" starts popping up. So I'm saying it now, if that happens, No that's not it. No, it's not done. :)

Archived