Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trying to look on the Bright Side - Do we have any probowlers on the roster?

Veretax

I've been trying to look on the bright side of things lately, and thinking about the improvement our team has made, and there is some improvement, even if it does not feel as though it is.  But I find myself asking the question.  Is there anyone on this team that has played at a pro-bowl-level this year?

I know some names come to mind, like Kerrigan and Trent, but have they really played that well THIS year?

I'm interested in what you guys think, who on this team has played worth of a pro bowl vote at this stage of the season?

According to PFF anyway, here are the Skins players who were ranked as best at their position for each week this season:

Week 1:

Fullback: Darrel Young, Redskins (+2.6)

Young only earned 10 snaps, but he made them all count to score the highest blocking grade of the week.

Week 3:

Tackles: Terron Armstead, Saints (+3.8) and Morgan Moses, Redskins (+4.5)

Both our tackles allowed a hurry, but did very little else wrong. Armstead is quietly playing as well as any tackle in the league right now, while Moses will hope he’s put a shaky start to the year behind him.

Week 4:

Edge rushers: Pernell McPhee, Bears (+6.2) and Trent Murphy, Redskins (+6.1)

There’s always a fear that a big-money free agent signing will rest on the laurels. Well, there is no fear of that with McPhee, who is getting better and better for the Bears. Over in Washington, Murphy beat up on a hobbled Lane Johnson to put in a career day against the Eagles.

Week 5:

Cornerbacks: Chris Harris Jr., Denver (+3.5) and Bashaud Breeland, Redskins (+2.9)

Harris would end up with a pick six against just four completions allowed, as Derek Carr probably learned to stay away from him in the future. For Breeland, it was a breakout game, with the Washington secondary expected to be overrun by Atlanta, he stood tall in allowing just three completions, whilst picking off one ball and deflecting two more.

None of these guys are Pro Bowl material right now.

Pro bowl level? Probably not. Several guys are playing (generally) really well for us though: Baker, Hatcher, Keenan Robinson, Breeland, Moses, Williams, Hopkins, Way. I'd give a shoutout to RJF, Crowder, Thompson and Jarrett too.

Kerrigan probably belongs on the list, but I didn't include him because I'm not sure he's living up to expectations yet.

Probowlers? Eh, maybe a few guys on the cusp of getting decent national attention in Keenan and perhaps Breeland (if he is consistent). Trent Williams could be another reserve guy. Shame about Jordan Reed, had he been healthy he may have had a shot at the rate he was going. 

Bash just put together 2 huge weeks... at arguably the toughest position in football outside of QB, and against top flight talent.

TW is perennial pro bowler, don't even argue this. 

Hopkins has put his name in the hat quarter or so way through season. 

sadly but the pro-bowl is a popularity award. breeland has had two games. he needs to do much better to get noticed and voted for.

Thought that was a beauty contest!

Anyway, still rooting for Tress Way to get into it. He should already have been there last year.

I've got say, as a huge Garcon fan, I've been disappointed by his play in a big way. Just rarely gets separation. DBs so effortlessly stick with him.

I don't get it. Love what he brings to the table in terms of toughness and competitive spirit. Just confused by it.

I've got say, as a huge Garcon fan, I've been disappointed by his play in a big way. Just rarely gets separation. DBs so effortlessly stick with him.

I don't get it. Love what he brings to the table in terms of toughness and competitive spirit. Just confused by it.

They're using him wrong. First Quarter TD against the Jets, he embarrassed Revis. Second half, they don't even target Garçon. LOVE his run blocking though as it reminds me of Portis' pass blocking. Both of them are just violent in their blocking. :)

Archived