Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cousins Is The Man

Veryoldschool

Resilient, keep playing, focused on the next play...I like those words.

He's a humble and smart person.  

Why is Deion asking about RG3?  Not pertinent right now.

Wow those stats, last 9 games 20 TDs and 3 INTs?!  Is that accurate?  Spectacular!

"We got a job to do."  I like that.  You'll get your money, Kirk.

gotta keep the momentum, start him next week

No way, rest our banged up starters and give Dallas the middle finger. A sorry team like the Cowboys doesn't deserve our starters. A scrub team like them can play our bench.

Start Griffin next week. Best case scenario he shows he has learned a lot during this year, plays well and we can trade him for something rather than just have to cut him. But we will see if Gruden want Cousins in Cousins should play. In a way, Cousins sort of deserves to get the start so he can finish out the season strong. It's a meaningless game though so will be interesting to see if he plays or not. Anyone that is questionable I feel shouldn't play.

Colt McCoy stomping the Cowboys, Part II. I like it.

I edited my post, I think we should start Griffin. We most likely are going to cut him anyways so best case scenario would be he plays well and we can squeeze a draft pick of any round out of someone even if it's a 7th because again his contract says we gotta cut him anyways. This is a Cousins thread though so ill put this talk somewhere else.

I edited my post, I think we should start Griffin. We most likely are going to cut him anyways so best case scenario would be he plays well and we can squeeze a draft pick of any round out of someone even if it's a 7th because again his contract says we gotta cut him anyways.

if he gets hurt though which is 72.6% likely, we're locked into his salary

No way, rest our banged up starters and give Dallas the middle finger. A sorry team like the Cowboys doesn't deserve our starters. A scrub team like them can play our bench.

Start Griffin next week. Best case scenario he shows he has learned a lot during this year, plays well and we can trade him for something rather than just have to cut him..

...and worse case scenario is Griffin gets injured and the Skins are in the hook for something like 16 million dollars.

...and worse case scenario is Griffin gets injured and the Skins are in the hook for something like 16 million dollars.

Yup, i forgot. Absolutely not worth it.

Now back to Cousins talk. I look forward to seeing what Kirk can do when he has at least an average running game working with him. Amazing that he played so well when all we had for offense the entire season was a passing game. We def need upgrades to run game, special teams and some more defensive parts. The future is bright.

Just want to say the Redskins put the game on Cousins to win and he won it.

We dialed up a half dozen deep shots, but he didn't force any of them.   He managed it.   Connected.   Kept things alive and played with poise.   At times he looked very Tom Brady like.   The bonehead play notwithstanding, Cousins has played the two best games of his career at just the right time.

He deserves respect even from the doubters, of which I am included.

So, respect given.

Veryoldschool,

You're the one who started the "I want Kirk Cousins to start 16 games" thread.

I'm very interested in whatever else you have to say about the team.  Much respect to you.

Thank you.  What I say now is I LIKE THAT!!!  Now pay the man and we can enjoy a decade of having a good QB!

one other note on the end of half play (again, definitely a mistake by kirk, no matter what other circumstances happened)

however, don't lose touch with how amazing it was that kirk even got us in that position, those were some amazing throws too, to take us down the field with 30 secs left and no timeouts to 1st and goal at the 6 (i believe it was) with a shot at a touchdown

as my mom used to tell me, i brought you into this world and i can take you out of it, well kirk brought us down there with the opportunity

none of us would have really been ****ing if we just handed off to Al Mo for his 2 yards and went to the locker room with a lead, the fact that we even have a QB that can get us there shows how amazing kirk is playing

again, not excusing it, but don't forget the drive itself

Archived