Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cousins Is The Man

Veryoldschool

Thank you mike for Kirk and Jordan. You left a legacy.

I ain't giving Mike credit for this, especially Kirk. He may have verbally pumped him up, but he butchered Kirk's rep with the last games of 2013, which nearly resulted in Kirk being shopped out.

I still do have doubts about Jay and his questionable play calls (the spike, ugh) and time management, but getting Kirk to where he is now is Jay's handiwork, and his alone.

I ain't giving Mike credit for this, especially Kirk. He may have verbally pumped him up, but he butchered Kirk's rep with the last games of 2013, which nearly resulted in Kirk being shopped out.

I still do have doubts about Jay and his questionable play calls (the spike, ugh) and time management, but getting Kirk to where he is now is Jay's handiwork, and his alone.

Yes and the Captain was delivered by Alien transport.

It will be so great being able to just sit back and enjoy football tomorrow, especially that primetime Vikings Giants game knowing they are playing for pride because the redskins ended their season. Ending the Eagles and Giants season on the same night is almost as sweet as the division title. Again.... Damn right Kirk we all like that.

From the Gameday thread, an interesting link was posted, the ESPN week one ratings. http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/1

Their reason for listing us last was a quite an interesting statistic: "Cousins has averaged one turnover for every 29 snaps in his career, the worst rate of any player in that time (minimum 500 snaps)."

I don't know what his statistics are now, but they must be pretty darned good. Kirk did a complete 180 this season. I really, really hope this is permanent.

I do wonder if him screwing up at the end of the first lit a fire under him for the 2nd half.  Put up 22 in the 2nd half, didn't even make it look that hard.  I'm sure he puts the pedal down anyway, but gotta wonder if he was raging a bit at himself and went Super Spartan at halftime.

This guy has done almost everything right since he came to DC.

He was a starter and captain at MSU, so he rightly could have balked at the Skins taking him in same draft with RG3, made himself a nuisance, and most likely got out of Dodge.

Instead he worked as hard as he could, tried when he got a chance, and now has shown that the coaching staff can continue to trust him - he will just keep getting better and better.

Sweet.

HTTR!!

I do wonder if him screwing up at the end of the first lit a fire under him for the 2nd half.  Put up 22 in the 2nd half, didn't even make it look that hard.  I'm sure he puts the pedal down anyway, but gotta wonder if he was raging a bit at himself and went Super Spartan at halftime.

First time I saw Cousin's after halftime in this game, Jay was still talking to him, and Trent came over to pat Kirk on the shoulders. I'd say he was beating himself up alright. He owned it as usual, but he's learning not to to own it so hard.

Could be the first time I ever see my team with a legit franchise QB with my own eyes. Win or lose, I want him to exorcise some demons with Seattle.

Archived