Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cousins Is The Man

Veryoldschool

been thinking about the season, and kirk cousins in general, and ive been wondering...is kirk actually this good, or has kirk just benefited from the eagles, giants and cowboys not getting more wins? I kinda feel like it's 50/50...i think the best thing to do in the offseason is for the team to franchise tag him, see how he plays next season, and if he is still throwing TDs to Reed and DJAX, and winning more games next season to lead us on a playoff run, then give him as much $$$$$ as he wants.

but then theres the other part of me that is saying we need to sign him to a longterm contract and make sure the dude goes nowhere for a long time, because he's great...

one things for sure, gruden and scotty mac are going to have a lot of work this offseason. glad im not them :lol:

Thank you!!! Been feeling like i was on a island alone. But most people are on the boat sailing. I think we're the redskin that are staying behind to wait and see if the boat can stay afloat during the long haul.

....I love the narrative that the Iggles and Giants had down years. It's hilarious. The Giants haven't been to the playoffs since 2011 and the Iggles missed out last year and decided to purge their team of talent. Both of them finished right where they should. They are both sorry ass teams and we could see that back in August. Also, I don't see their futures getting any brighter either.

Dallas is the only team that has a legit gripe in terms of ****ty luck

i thought everyone in the division was going to have good seasons, actually, so i was surprised that the division was so inconsistent each week (or most weeks). Eli manning in the past has been scary, and the eagles were good last season (although cutting maclin and trading mccoy and foles wasn't exactly a good idea). however dallas i think is the team that was the most surprising. i think theres no question had romo been healthy all season that he'd take them to the playoffs. 

Thank you!!! Been feeling like i was on a island alone. But most people are on the boat sailing. I think we're the redskin that are staying behind to wait and see if the boat can stay afloat during the long haul.

i'm in the middle, but each great game is bringing me more and more onto the side that thinks Kirk is legit.

i thought everyone in the division was going to have good seasons, actually, so i was surprised that the division was so inconsistent each week (or most weeks). Eli manning in the past has been scary, and the eagles were good last season (although cutting maclin and trading mccoy and foles wasn't exactly a good idea). however dallas i think is the team that was the most surprising. i think theres no question had romoSUCKS been healthy all season that he'd take them to the playoffs.

i'm in the middle, but each great game is bringing me more and more onto the side that thinks Kirk is legit.

I agree and how I feel, but I'm not sold on him yet. Everyone like lock him up with Drew Bree's money!! Wtf? These guys are on crack!! He won the Nfce when it's considered very weak!!

....you'd think that with all of the QBs getting big deals that have built in "get out of jail free" cards recently, our fans would just trust Scott...but I guess not.

You can give a guy a big deal and still have a way out. I expect nothing different in this scenario.

i trust scott a lot. i think he's going to have an important off-season in his hands, but i trust him. after all, how could I not, given how well the first draft went, and how big a turnaround our season was from last season?

Tough to argue against Kirk getting paid.

Seriously, what is the going rate for 20 TDs, 3 Ints and road wins in December. Whatever it is...somebody will pay it.

I hope it's us.

i'm glad we have franchise tag option

with this run kirk is on, someone would offer crazy money

As TSO said, there is nothing inherently wrong with your argument. It's just the timing makes you look butt hurt that Kirk is basically erasing the memory of RG3 and it is slowly eating away at your very existence to the point where you can barely form coherent sentences.

Even if that isn't true, you're making yourself look like a dick.

And I'm sure you'll respond with a passive aggressive "well I mean I even cheered for him Saturday night. Look...see. I think he's ok" to try to cover up posts like the one where you equate wanting to pay Kirk to being on crack cocaine.

Come the eff on.

Again, your point is fine. Kirk can easily be pulling a Nick Foles/Ryan Tannehill act. But to bring that up now...after his greatest success looks soooo sketchy

I'd love to see you pull a post where someone actually said that.

You've been posting some GEMS today sir. Keep it up.

I can and will. I will go inside the Kirk cousin contract thread.

I could care less if you think my posts are Gems or not. I have no problem being the crazy guy for now. Something tell me you would be the kind of guy who's thinking has to be with the in crowd. *shruggs*

Main-Maine has been in mourning since Kirk Cousins became the Main Man

im not hurt at all. I will just remember this thread.

im not hurt at all. I will just remember this thread.

lines were just set

this thread is around longer than rg3's career (-4000)

main-maine will post in here the first game kirk is 17/30 220 yards with 1 TD saying how he was right (-2400)

main-maine is actually rg3 (-240)

As TSO said, there is nothing inherently wrong with your argument. It's just the timing makes you look butt hurt that Kirk is basically erasing the memory of RG3 and it is slowly eating away at your very existence to the point where you can barely form coherent sentences.

Even if that isn't true, you're making yourself look like a dick.

And I'm sure you'll respond with a passive aggressive "well I mean I even cheered for him Saturday night. Look...see. I think he's ok" to try to cover up posts like the one where you equate wanting to pay Kirk to being on crack cocaine.

Come the eff on.

Again, your point is fine. Kirk can easily be pulling a Nick Foles/Ryan Tannehill act. But to bring that up now...after his greatest success looks soooo sketchy

I can form coherent sentences, but the issue is I'm on my cell phone which I already wrote to TK.

How I'm coming across as a dick please show me? I've been more than kind, and I have been attacked by many posters on this board. I think many of you can't imagine Kirk regressing next year, which is why you guys attack a person for saying they're not sold on him yet.

Many of you sound worst than the fan boy your trying to paint me as. You have been very passive aggressive but because I don't choose to engage in hateful post some of you guy call me rg3 fanboy, not a redskin fan,and etc.

I wish you read were it all came from because when I wrote I'm not sold on him a poster responded why not. Bam! If some don't want to know then don't ask, and this is a forum am I wrong?

lines were just set

this thread is around longer than rg3's career (-4000)

main-maine will post in here the first game kirk is 17/30 220 yards with 1 TD saying how he was right (-2400)

main-maine is actually rg3 (-240)

I'm not going to engage with you in this kind of chatter but have a good rest of your day :)

I can form coherent sentences, but the issue is I'm on my cell phone which I already wrote to TK.

How I'm coming across as a dick please show me? I've been more than kind, and I have been attacked by many posters on this board. I think many of you can't imagine Kirk regressing next year, which is why you guys attack a person for saying they're not sold on him yet.

Many of you sound worst than the fan boy your trying to paint me as. You have been very passive aggressive but because I don't choose to engage in hateful post some of you guy call me rg3 fanboy, not a redskin fan,and etc.

I wish you read were it all came from because when I wrote I'm not sold on him a poster responded why not. Bam! If some don't want to know then don't ask, and this is a forum am I wrong?

I've said multiple times in my prior post that Kirk can regress. He's putting up stats at the moment that would make him the best QB in the league if he kept them up so yeah regression is coming. Like I said, that is fine to think. You have a fine argument IMO.

Just why are you posting so much now? I've barely read your screen name at all this season. It looks bad on your part.

Great win.. I just watched the replay and took more notice of Cousins; just to check on his nerves and that stuff, I guess because of the brain fade he had at the end of the first half.   And I think a few times he was affected by nerves or ??  I know every player at some time has this..

I especially had a look at those last 2 plays of the first half..  If you watch him, he was really flustered and lost.. it was kinda scary when you re-watch it and pay more attention to his actions.

Watch the play before when the eagle's player knocked the ball out of Reed's hands and the whistle goes and

1.Cousins jumps on the ball like it a fumble.. It just looked awkward;  I didn't see that before...

2. next play snaps too early or didn't wait??  Its like he had jumping beans or something and of course he rubbed the Umps head for luck. lol

3. Then the knee down, handed ball to the ground, got up ran back was gonna ground it, then started to run all in about4 secs.. 

So it wasn't just the few seconds on that one snap... It was like for 30 sec or something for those snaps that he couldn't get it together.

I just hope he learns from it, and finds ways not to be mentally thrown off it... otherwise in a high pressure playoff game he might come unglued... I guess we are gonna find out..  

I hope we get the running game going better to take some of the pressure on Kirk to throw..  Can't wait for the playoff game...

been thinking about the season, and kirk cousins in general, and ive been wondering...is kirk actually this good, or has kirk just benefited from the eagles, giants and cowboys not getting more wins? I kinda feel like it's 50/50...i think the best thing to do in the offseason is for the team to franchise tag him, see how he plays next season, and if he is still throwing TDs to Reed and DJAX, and winning more games next season to lead us on a playoff run, then give him as much $$$$$ as he wants.

but then theres the other part of me that is saying we need to sign him to a longterm contract and make sure the dude goes nowhere for a long time, because he's great...

one things for sure, gruden and scotty mac are going to have a lot of work this offseason. glad im not them :lol:

Well we played who was on our schedule.  However when we lost to the Jets, Carolina, Miami, etc two things I need to point out.  Cousins was just getting started with being number one, which means he had very little time with the first unit, AND we lose DJ in the first quarter of the Miami game, a game btw which our special teams lost for us.  Then he lost his comfort receiver in Reed for two games and his center and his LG for the rest of the season.  

So yes Cousins has benefited from an easier second half schedule and the fact that he had time to get himself on the same page as his receivers.  To me losing that Carolina game was total BS.  Yes we probably would have lost in the end but that BS call we got on Culliver's pick 6 was a 14 point swing and you can see the entire team being so pissed because of that call they lost focus.  The NE game his receivers dropped 7 balls a couple that would have been either huge gains or TDs.  The game where we really got whipped was the Jets and Giants games.

What I am trying to say is the team started really coming together in the last 9 games.  Really the only bad game from Cousins in that span for me was the Cowboy game, it was a game that Gruden called way too conservative and Cousins was way too timid for almost 4 quarters.  

So here we are now with a 3 game winning streak and damn if this offense is not looking good.  First playoff game will tell a lot.

i thought everyone in the division was going to have good seasons, actually, so i was surprised that the division was so inconsistent each week (or most weeks). Eli manning in the past has been scary, and the eagles were good last season (although cutting maclin and trading mccoy and foles wasn't exactly a good idea). however dallas i think is the team that was the most surprising. i think theres no question had romoSUCKS been healthy all season that he'd take them to the playoffs. 

Ok can we all get real here about the Cowboys?  So they lost Romo, but when he was healthy they should have lost their first game to the Giants.  The Cowboys didn't really miss Romo as much as they missed the running of Murray.  Think about it Weeden goes to the Texans and leads that team to two wins and has them poised for the playoffs and yet as a backup of the boys, knowing the playbook much better than the Texan playbook, working with them during the offseason etc and he couldn't win anything.  Why?  Because the running game of the Cowboys was crap compared to what Murray was doing last year.  So if Romo was not hurt, maybe they win a few more games.  I say 3 at the most so they are still no where near where they should be.

for the life of me I have no clue how that team beat us, or maybe I do.  We played our worse game of the season at home and they were gifted in a tight game a gimmy from DJ.  Thats it.

The missing part for the Cowboys this year was their running game of last year.  When you can run the ball like they did in 2014 you can do so much on offense and that is where it kind of blows my mind on how good Cousins is without a true running game.

Can someone point me to the season that Nick Foles had that was even remotely close to the one Cousins is having?  These "Cousins could be the next Nick Foles, fool's gold, etc." posts are annoying.  Foles has never eclipsed 3,000 yards in a season.  And he also lost his job to Case Keenum.  

Nick Foles was in a gimmick offense. As far as Derek Anderson's great year, if I recall, his completion percentage was really low.

Stupid comparisons.

There will be no regression. If anything, he will only get better. The reason being, RG3 stole all his reps in the offseason. Cousins himself has said multiple times that he had to build chemistry as the season unfolded due to lack of reps.

That RG3-led offense was a gimmick offense. In hindsight, the regression is not surprising at all. Even without any injuries, it is a virtual guarantee that RG3's fate would be similar to Colin Kaepernick's.

On the other hand, we run a pro style offense. A regression will be extremely surprising given that Cousins is a pocket passer first and foremost. Now, if he regresses next year, I would say that it will be due to the receivers regressing as well, which is always possible. So keep giving him a good receiving corps, and build around him.

Archived