Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cousins Is The Man

Veryoldschool

Right now looking at Rodgers playing the Cardinals, he looks nothing like Cousins.  He is missing some open receivers, holds the ball a little too long and he has been sacked a few times already.

I am telling you guys we have a QB that is playing lights out in this league right now.

No kidding. Rodgers is down 24-0 at the moment. I'm currently judging Aaron freaking Rodgers against the standard set by KFC (Kirk Freaking Cousins.) It's a good feeling.

Now that the QB position has been settled, work can begin on the o-line to improve the running game and finding that big fast WR to compliment Reed. Then this offense would be unstoppable. The current WRs are doing good, but the one thing that is missing is a tall
WR, a la Megatron-esque.

The more Cousins plays, the better he will get. Growing into the position week by week, learning from his mistakes, and having Gruden/McVay adapting to his strengths via play calling could make him one of the top prized players in FF next year, and make him THE QB to watch in 2016.

here is the issue with that line of thinking what if the redskins feel they can do better someone else like kaep or alex smith...

time to cut the bs give shanny his due for beliving in kirk drafting him. shanny has many faults, but drafting qbs is a strength. no man is perfect but God.

time to lock kirk in. shanny should have put in cousins his last year instead of acting like a douche we can agree on. shannys record of drafting qbs is excellent, even plummers and cutlers were better than average...

imagine cousins with a run game. it is time to pay the man today. i dont want to see brees rodgers or manning redskins jerseys when we can have a qb in his prime.

I dont want shanny as my GM, and I'm not a cutler fan, but I will give him credit for some things.

Outside of McNabb, who appeared to be done, every QB he's worked with has had more success under him than anywhere else.

And, he can find late round RBs to fit in his system.

Given his spotty GM record, I tend to think the Kirk pick may be more of a blind squirrel, broken clock situation, but either way, I'm glad he ultimately picked him.

So you want to guarantee him 51-60M for 3 years with and additional 17-20M per year for the years 4 and 5?  If I understand you correctly that is 85-100M for 5 years.  No, I would rather risk the other half of the money and get a full 10 years of service for the 100M.  With his quick release and a better running game around him I think the chances are good he will be durable so I prefer giving him 100M for 10 years and ensuring him the team will have Scot spreading the money around on a great supporting cast.  I think the odds of multiple Super Bowls are better with a 10 year, lower rate per year deal.

Nobody is giving any player a 10 year guaranteed deal. It has never happened AFAIK and never will and for good reason. Kirk will probably get a 4-5 year deal. I'm guessing around Tannehill money.

The second worst thing we could do is over pay Cuz. If we can find a way to keep building around him we can have a really really good team. Lack of money will hurt that.

The worst thing we could do is let him walk lol. Glad I don't have to figure this stuff out for a living (tho, the pay would be nice)

Can we start trying to figure out what defense would be easiest carved up by him in two weeks? I don't know who I want to root for and against yet. Please help me.

Can we start trying to figure out what defense would be easiest carved up by him in two weeks? I don't know who I want to root for and against yet. Please help me.

Zimmer might know how to defend Gruden better and Seattle always seems to find a way to beat us. I'll go with Green Bay.

Cousins

367 528 69.5 3990 26 11

Pro Bowler Ben Roethlisberger who has better receivers and an elite running game:

271 399 3,369 67.9 18   12

and thats before his game today where he threw 2 more pics and 0 TD's

I'll be the first to say that Cousins is playing terrific football right now, but can we please stop comparing him to established All Pro, Super Bowl and league MVP NFL Quarterbacks? The comparisons are meaningless at this point.

I'll be the first to say that Cousins is playing terrific football right now, but can we please stop comparing him to established All Pro, Super Bowl and league MVP NFL Quarterbacks? The comparisons are meaningless at this point.

Why? The numbers speak for themselves, even more so with 0 running game. I don't understand your reasoning....... he must need to be a pro bowl, Superbowl, MVP caliber player to get any respect for the numbers he has put up so far? Can't wait to see him get all of those soon.

Right now looking at Rodgers playing the Cardinals, he looks nothing like Cousins.  He is missing some open receivers, holds the ball a little too long and he has been sacked a few times already.

I am telling you guys we have a QB that is playing lights out in this league right now.

For all the credit that Ted Thompson gets for building that team he has done a **** job building a decent offensive line capable of protecting A-Aron Rodgers.

That and that offense desperately misses Jordy Nelson.

Why? The numbers speak for themselves, even more so with 0 running game. I don't understand your reasoning....... he must need to be a pro bowl, Superbowl, MVP caliber player to get any respect for the numbers he has put up so far? Can't wait to see him get all of those soon.

Because you're attempting to do a direct comparison of a guy who has had 9 outstanding games in a season to guys who have consistently been the best QBs in the NFL (and some, in history) for many years. These guys are established stars who have proven themselves to be consistently good over long periods of time, so when they have a bad game it means far less than a guy who has only had so many starts.

Saying "Look at Cousins numbers today compared to Rodgers or Brady's!" is meaningless if you're actually trying to say that Cousins should be looked at as being on the same overall level. That is jumping the gun in a major way.

For all the credit that Ted Thompson gets for building that team he has done a **** job building a decent offensive line capable of protecting A-Aron Rodgers.

That and that offense desperately misses Jordy Nelson.

Yeah, Rodgers had NO chance in that game. He had guys on him within under 2 seconds almost every snap. Insane.

Why do people bash shanny for beck? It was obviously coachspeak and they weren't many qb options available. Did you expect him to go in front of the media and players and say that he had no faith in his qb?

Looking back in hindsight, Shanahan staked his reputation on both Beck AND Grossman. In any case, I feel like there's got to be a happy medium between saying "these guys are dirt" and "I put my reputation on these guys".

Because you're attempting to do a direct comparison of a guy who has had 9 outstanding games in a season to guys who have consistently been the best QBs in the NFL (and some, in history) for many years. These guys are established stars who have proven themselves to be consistently good over long periods of time, so when they have a bad game it means far less than a guy who has only had so many starts.

Saying "Look at Cousins numbers today compared to Rodgers or Brady's!" is meaningless if you're actually trying to say that Cousins should be looked at as being on the same overall level. That is jumping the gun in a major way.

I agree.  If we are having the same conversation this time next year then I will be on the better than Rodgers bandwagon too.  At this point I am happy with the growth that Cousins has shown and believe that he is the guy we should build around for the future.

Bro, you just did.  If you add in his mediocre games from early this season (you know, his 10th-15th ever starts as an NFL QB), his performance for the entire season is still good to great by Redskins standards.

No man, I said CALENDAR YEAR.  I need to see him playing this way all throughout next season and into late December 2016.

IMO, there are still a few questions that need answering.  How's he going to come back from a bad performance?  How's he going to look when Jordan Reed gets hurt?  How is he going to look after the whole league gets an entire offseason to review his tape and make adjustments?  Is this really Kirk Cousins or is this just a prolonged hot streak?

I understand wanting to anoint him as our franchise quarterback and thinking that this is what we'll be getting in week in/week out for years to come but doing that is the very thing that just makes us Redskins fans.  As I said, this isn't gimmicky like RG3 but we forget so quickly what it's like to see someone play red hot and think he's our savior only to find out that it's not really the case.

No man, I said CALENDAR YEAR.  I need to see him playing this way all throughout next season and into late December 2016.

IMO, there are still a few questions that need answering.  How's he going to come back from a bad performance?  How's he going to look when Jordan Reed gets hurt?  How is he going to look after the whole league gets an entire offseason to review his tape and make adjustments?  Is this really Kirk Cousins or is this just a prolonged hot streak?

We don't have that luxury.  We have to make a play. 

been thinking about the season, and kirk cousins in general, and ive been wondering...is kirk actually this good, or has kirk just benefited from the eagles, giants and cowboys not getting more wins? I kinda feel like it's 50/50...i think the best thing to do in the offseason is for the team to franchise tag him, see how he plays next season, and if he is still throwing TDs to Reed and DJAX, and winning more games next season to lead us on a playoff run, then give him as much $$$$$ as he wants.

but then theres the other part of me that is saying we need to sign him to a longterm contract and make sure the dude goes nowhere for a long time, because he's great...

one things for sure, gruden and scotty mac are going to have a lot of work this offseason. glad im not them :lol:

....I love the narrative that the Iggles and Giants had down years. It's hilarious. The Giants haven't been to the playoffs since 2011 and the Iggles missed out last year and decided to purge their team of talent. Both of them finished right where they should. They are both sorry ass teams and we could see that back in August. Also, I don't see their futures getting any brighter either.

Dallas is the only team that has a legit gripe in terms of ****ty luck

Archived