Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cousins Is The Man

Veryoldschool

Haha. Well, let's be fair. Pretty much none of US even predicted us to win the division. We all knew we were in a transition process. And even by around the middle of the season things were looking pretty grim.

So what did Kirk actually say about the kneel down play?

He was vague. He said there was "lots of confusion" about the play and he had a mental lapse and took a knee instead of spiking it. It was pretty obvious he didn't want to really talk about it much.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/27/kirk-cousins-kept-composure-after-debacle-at-end-of-first-half/

“There was a lot of confusion with what the play call was,” Cousins said, via USA Today. “For lack of a better word, I just had a lapse in my decision-making and took a knee when I should’ve thrown the ball away to stop the clock. We were fortunate it didn’t end up hurting us.”

<bold highlight mine>

Had the Eagles come back to win the game, it would have been a blunder for the ages, but things didn’t play out that way. Cousins threw his third and fourth touchdown passes of the night and the division title was clinched in a 38-24 victory.

“Well, I’m very proud of Kirk. He came in here and we had the debacle at the end of the half,” Gruden said, via the Washington Post. “And a normal guy could have gone in and tanked there. He just came in there and kept his composure just like he has all year. Just like he has done his whole career. He kept his composure and just kept his nose to the grindstone and kept battling and competing and doing what he’s supposed to do, man.”

Calm down guys. Cousins is the QB version of Rod Gardner. Good overall game today. Gave it away last week. Next week, you confident in him? You shouldn't be.

We don't have an NFL starter on this roster, but good Cousins can get the job done ok most weeks.

Quoting my own post from page one of this thread.

I'm so happy Cousins proved me dead wrong over the second half of this season. Looking forward to his continued growth and improvement as our starting QB, and the numerous division titles that come with it.

This was it. A game where we said F it, we can't run ... on the road ... division on the line ... 385 yards and 4 TDs. This is Kirk's team. Last night, you like that chants broke out at the bar, it was amazing. I said before the season "there is no reason Kirk shouldn't be the starting QB." I named my fantasy team, Start Kirk Cousins. Well, now the Captain has delivered.

NFC EAST CHAMPIONS!!! I am still in shock, this was a season nobody believed we'd be jack ****. We have a QB in a legit system who has the locker room behind him. What more do you want? Still on cloud nine.

No Pressure No Diamonds lol

Unlike Tony romoSUCKS, our dude requires no running game.

Anybody want to clown around about the Aaron Rodgers first year starting comparison now and say we are out of our minds?

oh god, get that corny ass quote out of this thread.

WE HAVE A QB !!!!!!

Something else Ive noticed is unlike RG3, when Kirk does get sacked ( not too often ) he rarely fumbles. And usually gets up and tosses a first down afterward.  Very impressive.

I don't know how he managed to hold on to the one where he was sack/swiped from his blind side while his had was moving back to throw, throws are almost always fumbles... tight grip? or something more....

here is the issue with that line of thinking what if the redskins feel they can do better someone else like kaep or alex smith...

time to cut the bs give shanny his due for beliving in kirk drafting him. shanny has many faults, but drafting qbs is a strength. no man is perfect but God.

time to lock kirk in. shanny should have put in cousins his last year instead of acting like a douche we can agree on. shannys record of drafting qbs is excellent, even plummers and cutlers were better than average...

imagine cousins with a run game. it is time to pay the man today. i dont want to see brees rodgers or manning redskins jerseys when we can have a qb in his prime.

Got to give Mike Shanahan credit for drafting Kirk Cousins. And the Dude has always said this kid will be a starter and a top 10 QB. Well as it stands right now he is top 10 QB.[/size]

Not sure where we'd be if Mike didn't make that pick.

Not sure where we'd be if Mike didn't make that pick.

The pick was bold only in as much as they had invested a lot in QB in the 2012 draft in moving up to get Rob. Kirk had a day two grade and he lasted until day three. He was getting drafted within the first few picks of round four, Mike just had the stones to take a second QB. I give him credit for that, but it isn't like he found a diamond in the rough, Cousins was right there behind the Luck/Griffin/Tannehill trio with some liking Wilson and others liking Cousins. Some thought there were going to be 6 QBs in first two rounds.

Too many one year wonders in sports.  Granted, this isn't gimmicky like RG3 was, but I need to see him playing at this level for full calendar year.

Bro, you just did.  If you add in his mediocre games from early this season (you know, his 10th-15th ever starts as an NFL QB), his performance for the entire season is still good to great by Redskins standards.

Bro, you just did.  If you add in his mediocre games from early this season (you know, his 10th-15th ever starts as an NFL QB), his performance for the entire season is still good to great by Redskins standards.

I understand the skepticism, though. We've seen years like Foles 2013, RG3 2012, Cutler 2008, Culpeper 2004. Maybe not the best examples, but given past redskins history of getting our hopes up only to dash them, I completely get not emotionally going all in on Kirk at this point. The nut kick that was 2013 is still fresh in my mind.

The pick was bold ........ Mike just had the stones .......... I give him credit for that, but it isn't like he found a diamond in the rough,

This is double speak....It wasn't like Shanny was forced to take another QB. It was a GOOD CHOICE and Value where we got him.....And I think Shanny knew how much BS he would have to swim through after that pick....but did it anyway

Kirk would have gone higher in the draft with hindsight

Kirk is a Diamond......Question is How many Carats?

Archived