Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins beat Miami if...

TD_washingtonredskins

I don't know if this needs to be merged with the prediction thread, but I am stealing an idea from local sports radio and introducing what could be an interesting weekly thread. What I'd look for with replies are the primary 2-3 things that have to happen for the Redskins to win the game on Sunday. Let's try to avoid the generic "control the clock and win the turnover battle" in here. I think it would be fun to put down 2-3 very specific items.

Here are mine:

1) They must put together at least 4 scoring drives, 2 of which being TDs (essentially they need no less than 20 points).

2) They must sack Tannehill at least 3 times.

3) They must limit Miami to 2 or fewer sacks.

Anyone else?

The front 7 gets pressure on Tannehill even when they don't actually nail him

The gameplan has enough effective calls to get the ball out of Cousins hand quickly

When (not if) but when that one insane wtf? play happens late in the game (you know what I mean, we've had a ton of them) the guys shake it off and keep digging instead of giving in to the old "here we go again" mentality.

1) They can control the pace of the game offensively and not allow their Dline to tee off. Run game, quick passes, screens, boots, etc...

2) They can tackle Miami's WRs consistently and stop their dink and dunk game. If our secondary steps up it'll be huge, but they're the biggest concern.

1. The OL keeps the negative yard plays to a minimum. 

2. The front 7 create multiple minus yard plays - 2+ sacks, multiple TFL on runs

3. WRs get good YAC. Quick passes/screens need to get the WR/RBs into the open field. 

4. Accurate passing when receivers are open. Can't have Cousin's missing wide open receivers. 

5. Neutral turnovers. Net 0 

6. Special teams play average/above average. ST plays have 0 impact on the game. I don't care if every KO is at the 20 & every punt is fair caught. No negative yards on each (holding, block in the back, muffs, etc.) No large returns allowed & no KO out of bounds.

7. SS/FS don't get beat deep. Keep plays in front of them, including runs. Can Duke & Goldson play better than the 2014 dastardly duo?

....the Dolphins play bad and the Skins play beyond themselves.

Have the feeling a young, hungry, up and coming 8-8 team is gonna remind us all just how far the Skins really are from competing.

If Tannehill has improved, it will be a absolute **** *******.

Remember to micro-watch these Skins, big picture is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuck.

1) Get the ball to the outside quickly on offense. IE - quick tosses, wr screens, quick outs

2) Take away the middle of the field on defense. Emphasize pushing things to the outside. Inside zone blitz's with lots of middle coverage.

3) Win the turnover battle.

That's how we're going to win every game. 

we beat Miami if...

1)  We don't make it all about the Quarterback and our receivers minimize their drops and busted routes

2)  We don't let a random role player on the Dolphins have a career day against us

3)  We don't let the inevitable special teams mishap (eg. punt return fumble, blocked kick etc) destroy         our momentum and define the whole day for us.

P.S.  I'd love to see our first play be a fake hand off to Morris and then go long to Jackson for a quick score.

Archived