Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins beat Miami if...

TD_washingtonredskins

....the Dolphins play bad and the Skins play beyond themselves.

Have the feeling a young, hungry, up and coming 8-8 team is gonna remind us all just how far the Skins really are from competing.

If Tannehill has improved, it will be a absolute **** *******.

Remember to micro-watch these Skins, big picture is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuck.

Why bother watching?

Some basic fundamentals will go a long way in this one.  

1- Solid tackling should be our #1 priority to limit their YAC.

2- Limit Donkey Kong's effectiveness, double team, whatever it takes.  As long as it doesn't leave other guys wide open for a sack.  Who knows, he may end up being their Haynesworth.   

3- Limit special teams mistakes, receiving and kicking.

Getting that stuff taken care of won't guarantee victory, but it won't hurt our chances.

If Kirk finishes the game with less than 30 pass attempts.

I'm probably one of the most run-happy guys on this board. (I thought Marty didn't run the ball enough). But I'm not sure I agree, this game.

Against that DL, I don't see us running up the middle at all. (Although, running WIDE, and hopefully tiring the Fat Boys out? I could see a generous dose of that).

I'm thinking my offensive game plan revolves around me throwing a LOT of five-yard passes.i

The big question mark, to me? Is how our D performs against their O. To me, the biggest question is, can we hold them to 20 points or less?

we beat Miami if...

1)  We don't make it all about the Quarterback and our receivers minimize their drops and busted routes

2)  We don't let a random role player on the Dolphins have a career day against us

3)  We don't let the inevitable special teams mishap (eg. punt return fumble, blocked kick etc) destroy         our momentum and define the whole day for us.

P.S.  I'd love to see our first play be a fake hand off to Morris and then go long to Jackson for a quick score.

Sadly, this has been the key to our losses for many years.

It will all depend on how our O-line plays against the D-Line.  I think our Defense will dominate.  Tannehill is overrated and they don't really have a super star on the offense that can beat our improved defense.  Pass rush will be key for both teams. 

It will all depend on how our O-line plays against the D-Line.  I think our Defense will dominate.  Tannehill is overrated and they don't really have a super star on the offense that can beat our improved defense.  Pass rush will be key for both teams. 

Lamar miller is not someone I'm looking forward to starting in fantasy on sunday. Our run defense is one thing about this team that's not a joke and kerrigan will make his presence known for sure

Use their Dlines aggressiveness against them and make them work hard, while second guessing, so in the second half they're forced to contain.

Quick, fast passes, lots of slants and screens, that allow our receivers a chance to make it happen, so in the back half, they have to play closer and allow us to start using our speed to get behind them.

We have to hit tannehill a lot and early. Force their GP to change, while allowing our D to ignore the run and really T off. Pin the ears back and attack.

1. Win the turnover battle. Must be +1 or better.

2. No special teams miscues. No 15 yard ST penalties, no blocked kicks, no 40+ yard kick or 20+ yard punt return.

3. More Touchdowns than field goals.

If we do this, it likely means our defense is taking the ball away which probably means our front line is getting pressure. It also means our QB and RBs are taking care of the ball. And it finally means we're likely converting in the red zone.

Archived