Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are legitimate options to replace Haslett as DC?

HtownRocks111

If comments are true TK, I am done with this dysfunctional BS; may be rooting for other teams like GB or Pittsburgh--ones that are run the right way.

Yep.  I've been a fan since birth.  Firing Haslett only to serve up this BS?  I don't think I can handle it.  I can't even begin to process how any professional franchise can be this dysfunctional.  Heck, I can't even fathom how it's even possible to be this dysfunctional, even if they we're trying to be.

Well as happy as I was to hear that Haz had left the building.....just as unhappy to read TK's comments concerning a possible promotion for Morris. 

Guenther and Gruden do have a friendly history, if I recall what I read correctly from last season. ....and Gruden was actually interested in maybe hiring him as a DC..... But Guenther was promoted to DC last season in Cinn....so would doubt that his contract is up now. 

What type of politics are being played in the FO, and by whom?  I mean, the team is from DC....but it does not have to mimic our government in that aspect.   

Lol I can't believe we are even speculating

We all know it's going to be Morris who is Hasletts 2.0

I HATE YOU GRUDEN AND ALLEN GTFO MY TEAM

I AGREE 100%..I haven't missed a game since I was 9 years old back 1969 and next season I will have the LOWEST expectations that I've ever had. How sad is that? Nothing changes as long as Snyder keeps the leadership the same. Firing Haslett was a small piece of what needs to be done. 

THE WINNING FORMULA................

HIRE A REAL GM (POLIAN, SMITH, UP AND COMING ASSISTANT GM's etc.)

LET THE GM HIRE A HEAD COACH

BEFORE YOU HIRE A HEAD COACH...DURING THE INTERVIEW HE TELLS YOU (THE GM) WHO HE PLANS ON BEING THE ASSISTANT COACHES...WHO HE THINKS HE CAN GET TO COME WITH HIM.

HE ALSO GIVES YOU HIS VISION OF THE ROSTER AND HOW LONG HE EXPECTS IT TO COME TOGETHER.

I LOVE THIS TEAM AND I LOVE MY FELLOW REDSKINS FANS. I FEEL YOUR PAIN I REALLY DO.

HTTR

I AGREE 100%..I haven't missed a game since I was 9 years old back 1969 and next season I will have the LOWEST expectations that I've ever had. How sad is that? Nothing changes as long as Snyder keeps the leadership the same. Firing Haslett was a small piece of what needs to be done. 

THE WINNING FORMULA................

HIRE A REAL GM (POLIAN, SMITH, UP AND COMING ASSISTANT GM's etc.)

LET THE GM HIRE A HEAD COACH

BEFORE YOU HIRE A HEAD COACH...DURING THE INTERVIEW HE TELLS YOU (THE GM) WHO HE PLANS ON BEING THE ASSISTANT COACHES...WHO HE THINKS HE CAN GET TO COME WITH HIM.

HE ALSO GIVES YOU HIS VISION OF THE ROSTER AND HOW LONG HE EXPECTS IT TO COME TOGETHER.

I LOVE THIS TEAM AND I LOVE MY FELLOW REDSKINS FANS. I FEEL YOUR PAIN I REALLY DO.

HTTR

Im in for 1000.00 on the "Fire Allen " plane.

You know... All this concern for whose the next DC, what about our OC?

Seriously, was there any creativity to our O this year at all? Any identity? I don't think this should be overlooked.

Our O was outrageously bland for talent we have. I get Oline sux. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have designed plays and overall system.

I hate to say it, but NYG, Philly both addressed need for offensive innovation. Dallas obviously concocted successful formula.

Not to hijack DC thread, but our OC sux to.

:( happy new year

Not to hijack DC thread, but our OC sux to.

One crisis at a time.

Besides, doesn't Gruden do the play calling and McVay is basically a relay station?  If we want to start talking O issues we probably gotta toss the HC too, and hopefully the GM who brought in that whole dysfunctional crew, and by then we've blown up the whole organization.

Which is fine.

Let's do that.

Besides, doesn't Gruden do the play calling and McVay is basically a relay station? 

Yeah, we're always promoting the assistant water purifier to Head Coach. 

Gruden fits the criteria of a Coordinator misplaced as a HC. To criticize our OC is to criticize our HC. 

Best head coach I ever had was an O-line coach as HC.

Had the cliches on demand, a quote from 1973 to blow your mind with the archaic phrasing, ability to make you laugh in one second then get right up on your backside if you didn't bring the effort the very next play. Same guy who each coach to a man respected because he'd kick your ass if it came to that, he carried a big stick and backed it up, but wasn't spending three hours in a dark room scripting out new plays.

Gruden as a coordinator seems to thrive. As a head boy, probably not as much. You need a head coach that will make the team practice blocking a FG attempt 55 times in a row until someone, miraculously out of exhaustion and frustration, ends up blocking it.

Guys tired, sweating, cursing, pissed off, practice running over by an hour ... same ****ing play, over and over again. 

Then someone breaks through and blocks the kick. The whistle sounds for the end of practice and guys cheer like we just defeated the Soviets in World War III.  

They WOULD do it, wouldn't they? 

I mean, how can you follow up the act of handing Allen the GM title after firing Mike? Gotta do something even more amazingly stupid. I'm impressed, honestly. If they actually promote Raheem here... that's incredibly impressive incompetency. Like, you have to try really hard to get to that point, it's not easy. It's earned idiocy. Very difficult stuff.

This is really something. Hopefully TK has heard it wrong. There is also the issue that there are still loose lips around the organization leaking stuff to guys like TK (no offense, TK, not your fault they do it). Just... disgusting.  

Bad doesn't begin to describe what I've been hearing. Too many peeps playing politics in the FO. Figure Gruden only see's Year 2 & then gets canned. If we're lucky, it'll only be 2 more years of Bruce before Dan gets rid of him. By then, if he's still here, RG3 will most likely be ruined with 3 different systems & never truely been developed. 

We're ****ed. 

This is one of the most depressing things I have ever read on this board. Dan Snyder is absolutely incompetent when it come to leading a football franchise. He demonstrates no leadership whatsoever. A real leader would put an end to the politics BS and hire real football types to lead the franchise. I would have thought by now he would grow up and run the organization the correct way. I find it hard to fault any lifelong fan who throws in the towel and moves on. Life is to short to be held hostage by this crap.  

Bad doesn't begin to describe what I've been hearing. Too many peeps playing politics in the FO. Figure Gruden only see's Year 2 & then gets canned. If we're lucky, it'll only be 2 more years of Bruce before Dan gets rid of him. By then, if he's still here, RG3 will most likely be ruined with 3 different systems & never truely been developed. 

We're ****ed. 

Who are all the people playing politics in the front office? It's not like it's some huge corporation with a lot of anonymous executives working in countless different departments. There's a few departments peopled by a limited number of employees, so wouldn't they all pretty much know each other's business enough to know if there are shenanigans going on? And, shouldn't Snyder and/or Allen get wind of it all, as well?

As much railing as I've done against Dan Snyder, it's really hard to believe he would let this happen. This is really akin to letting the inmates run the asylum. If this is the case, I won't be back on the side of the Redskins for a while. I may watch NFL football next year, but that precludes me from watching Redskins football. Apparently Snyder has become so gun shy from interfering he's now let an incompetent boob take control of, and run this franchise into the ground. I've been speaking in dark terms for a year now. It's truly worse than I thought.

Dan if you have one ounce of backbone left, FIRE BRUCE ALLEN NOW!

Fire Allen. Or move him FAR away from football matters. 

Hire a proven, proper football GM with NO allegiance to this organisation. 

Let said new GM decided whether to keep or (please God) can Gruden's incompetent ass. 

Then, and ONLY then, can the HC our new man has gone with set about forming his staff. 

ANYTHING else is a fruitless exercise if ti involves changing under the present structure when chances are all that structure will be out on their behinds 12 months down the line. 

Hail.

Nice thought anyway! But Snyder will never give up total control of personnel decisions,,, he dumped Shanny because he said he wasn't having fun any more, then delivered the 2014 draft disaster...Snyder will change his GM shill in order to lay blame else where, but he want's to call the personnel shot's!

IMO; with every failure he thinks he learns and becomes a little better, believing that the next draft will be his gem...kind of like a midget believing he will dunk a basketball with his next jump, and so on!!!

Raheem's got it.

Like others, I would have to wonder why you would pull from possibly the worst performing unit on a historically bad defense.

The only answers are self destruction, blindness, or Allen really does think the D coaches are great and he's just that horrific at drafting and free agency.

If he names Morris, the only honorable thing to do would be to quit.

If Morris gets the job because the plan is to fire Gruden next year and they need a placeholder bc the next coach will need to have a say on his staff then why shouldn't I just fast forward to 2016?

TK's been wrong before. I hope what he's hearing doesn't pan out.

Perhaps Wade Phillips can move to California. He and AJ can then call in twice a month to advise this DYSFUNCTIONAL FOOL HEARTY franchise. Raheem shouldn't even be retained to coach the secondary, much less the entire defense. Please TK, tell us this is just an early April Fools joke.

I knew this was coming when Haslett got the boot, but Raheem didn't.  Hell, if you're going to promote from within, at least promote somebody whose unit did well.  I'd take Olivadotti or Baker over Raheem. This would just kill the high from seeing Haslett be shown the door. 

What exactly is Raheem Morris' credentials?  I have heard that players love him.  London Fletcher endorsed Raheem last year when he thought Haslett was going to get fired.  So it appears to me that his only credential is players love him.  Guy comes from a 4-3 system.  If we're going to run the 3-4, how about hiring someone who has run it before?  These systems are different specialties.  You're asking a heart surgeon to perform brain surgery.

And obviously, what happened to promotion based on merit?  Raheem was responsible for the secondary, and it has been one of the worst units for years now.  

However, I must say that I will only believe it once Raheem is named the defensive coordinator.  They can't be this dumb.

What exactly is Raheem Morris' credentials?  I have heard that players love him.  London Fletcher endorsed Raheem last year when he thought Haslett was going to get fired.  So it appears to me that his only credential is players love him.  Guy comes from a 4-3 system.  If we're going to run the 3-4, how about hiring someone who has run it before?  These systems are different specialties.  You're asking a heart surgeon to perform brain surgery.

And obviously, what happened to promotion based on merit?  Raheem was responsible for the secondary, and it has been one of the worst units for years now.  

However, I must say that I will only believe it once Raheem is named the defensive coordinator.  They can't be this dumb.

who says we're going to run a 3-4 again?  as someone pointed out in my 4-3 thread we still have the personnel to run a 4-3 fairly easily

My illegitimate predictions

Kurt Schottenheimer

Kurt Gouveia

About the 3-4. If it is so obviously the better defense in the modern era, why did we run so many 4 man looks? We were basically a 4-3 team based on snap counts, IIRC. We need to stop pretending to be something we are not. 

Archived