Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are legitimate options to replace Haslett as DC?

HtownRocks111

I wouldn't call the 49ers a good organization they have only had 3 winning seasons since 1999 until 2011 they were a joke like the Cleveland Browns,NY Jets and Oakland Raiders it's funny how everyone seems to forget that now..It's very possible that they could go back to being terrible again after Jim Harbaugh leaves.

Wade Phillips is 66 years old I would rather have younger who will be here for a little while, like maybe JIm Tomsula from the 49ers or maybe one of 2 people from the Seattle Seahawks Ken Norton Jr or Kris Richard.

I would just be worried that bringing in a 1st time DC could be a learning process, and Gruden won't get time for that.

We have no shot of winning if we're going to count on the other 2 phases of the game, I think we need to be led by our Defense until the QB position becomes a strength. 

I want a top 5 defense and an offensive line that will steam roll fools.  Jay should be able to succeed with that around him.

Then if the QB and HC can't win we'll have no more questions.  

We will become an attractive team for potential HC's, and we can move on from there.

The 49ers should be studied by our FO because they have a history that parallels ours, and they have recovered to an extent.  I bet that job is going to be sought after in San Fran.  That team is Superbowl ready.  Harbaugh is a solid coach, but that team is stacked with players.

thank you thank you thank you... i was cheering so hard for each Cowboys score that you'd think I was wearing blue/white/silver on my shirt over here....    Im so happy they left one final impression on our Redskins defense and that is an INEPT understanding of football fundamentals.  I was so worried that would be overlooked by our statistically skewed stats but I thank GOD the Cowboys were on their toes today.  Go COWBOYS!....  now I hope you lose next week like a weak little school girl.

Who would take this job other than out of desperation?  No one wants to be part of this organization if they don't have to be.

Not to single you out, but I really wish people would stop pushing this concept. It's fundamentally flawed.

These guys are hyper competitive and love a challenge, which we are. They also like the money, which we are willing to pay.

That being said, I prefer not to go retread. Also, give me a guy who got the most out of limited talent. Ryan coordinating a talented Ravens Defense, Fangio with all the players they have, does not impress me.

I want a teacher, and someone who will get these guys watching film and hold them accountable.

I want a fiery guy to counter Jay.

I want Gregg Williams from 7 years ago, Todd Bowles from now (I know theyre not available, just a description).

I wouldn't mind a Phillips, but I don't want Ryan. He's over-rated.

I like the idea of Lou Spanos.

Why not give Brian Baker a chance as the DC? He did a good job with the LBs IMO.

I don't think we're in position as a team to give chances to anyone unproven and do any more gambling.  We did that with our HC.  I think you have to go with someone with a proven track record, like Wade Phillips.

A lot of people on ES don't like Wes Phillips but he wasn't bad to me as far as our TE coach.  He had a often injured TE (Reed) to work with.  Besides Reed, there is no other truly talented TE on our team. 

I think Allen will try to hard hire Wade Phillips.  Big question is will Wade want to leave retirement which he's enjoying to become our DC, IF Haslettusdown is let go.

A lot of people on ES don't like Wes Phillips but he wasn't bad to me as far as our TE coach.  He had a often injured TE (Reed) to work with.  Besides Reed, there is no other truly talented TE on our team. 

I think Allen will try to hard hire Wade Phillips.  Big question is will Wade want to leave retirement which he's enjoying to become our DC, IF Haslettusdown is let go.

Niles Paul made a huge jump in production.  I was surprised.  For a while, he was actually a legit weapon.

Niles Paul made a huge jump in production.  I was surprised.  For a while, he was actually a legit weapon.

He did but his hands were a ? again towards the middle and end of the season.  But he did play better.

Someone that I would like to see as a DC candidate IF we actually FIRE Hasllettusdown is Mike Singletary. I believe he's available.

So Wade is 66? Big deal. Dick LeBeau is like 77. Just saying, age shouldn't be a factor.

While I agree that you cannot just go by the actual number, but the health factors that go along with age should strongly be considered. Dick LeBeau is fit and trim and has taken really good care of himself. It is pretty obvious that he is a very active, strong man. Wade? Ummm not so much. I would not be surprised if he did not already have some serious medical issues, like his father had at this age. Diabetes, heart disease etc.

That said, if he seems fit enough for the rigors and long hours of being an NFL DC, and still highly functional and sharp mentally, sure, age should not matter.

Archived