Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are legitimate options to replace Haslett as DC?

HtownRocks111

Lots of S&M must have been going on at Redskins Park.  We all know that Shanny was handcuffing Haslett. He was so relieved when the handcuffs were taken off and proclaimed we would all be pleased when we saw how he handled the whip without having to submit.  Now, it seems, that Raheem must have been handcuffed by Haslett... else why would we think that the worst performing unit deserved even consideration.

Redskins Park isn't football operation... It's the type of brothel that even sailors fear to go enter.

This, I think this about sums up the situation.  From bad to worse, but at least we get a bruise in a different spot!

quote-there-is-a-certain-relief-in-chang

Seriously, if we're gonna blow it up just blow it up.  Don't limp along for another year and try to wring money out of the fans.  It's so evil.

DAN!  Can't you see that you're evil!?  Can't you see your politics and scheming are killing your fans!?

You're not a fan of this team.

You're a traitor!  Judas Iscariot!  Benedict Arnold!  Guy Fawkes!

And now, Dan Snyder...

If we are ever forced to change our name, you just made a case for the Washington Irvings...that quote is so appropriate.

My wish list for DC would be something like this:

!. Kieth Butler -Steelers LB coach

2. Vic Fangio- 49ers will most likely not let him leave

3. Jim Schwartz- Buffalo will probably keep him also

4. Mike Smith- learned from Rex Ryan was very good in Jacksonville

5. Lou Spanos- Past history here and a Steelers connection 

6. Dennis Allen- Was very good with John Fox in Denver,  

7. Paul Guenther- Not sure what his contract status is with the Bengals

10345. Patrick from spongebob squarepants 

12379. Raheem Morris

Bad doesn't begin to describe what I've been hearing. Too many peeps playing politics in the FO. Figure Gruden only see's Year 2 & then gets canned. If we're lucky, it'll only be 2 more years of Bruce before Dan gets rid of him. By then, if he's still here, RG3 will most likely be ruined with 3 different systems & never truely been developed. 

We're ****ed. 

If this is true and Dan feels like he is going to have to can Bruce and Gruden then why wait. He is going to have to pay out the contracts regardless over the next couple of years. If his faith in his management staff is that poor just blow it up now. Why do the fans have to endure a couple of wasted years when blowing it up will be the ultimate solution anyways?

I for one would be OK with sucking for a couple of years if we had a real GM running things and the team was heading in the right direction. But what we are watching on Sunday's right now is just a joke.

My wish list for DC would be something like this:

!. Kieth Butler -Steelers LB coach

2. Vic Fangio- 49ers will most likely not let him leave

3. Jim Schwartz- Buffalo will probably keep him also

4. Mike Smith- learned from Rex Ryan was very good in Jacksonville

5. Lou Spanos- Past history here and a Steelers connection 

6. Dennis Allen- Was very good with John Fox in Denver,  

7. Paul Guenther- Not sure what his contract status is with the Bengals

10345. Patrick from spongebob squarepants 

12379. Raheem Morris

lol I wonder what the chances are of Patrick leaking inside information to Chris Russel. Also have to wonder if he'll have pictures of Snider diddling Sandy the squirrel in order to keep his job.

If this is true and Dan feels like he is going to have to can Bruce and Gruden then why wait. He is going to have to pay out the contracts regardless over the next couple of years. If his faith in his management staff is that poor just blow it up now. Why do the fans have to endure a couple of wasted years when blowing it up will be the ultimate solution anyways?

I for one would be OK with sucking for a couple of years if we had a real GM running things and the team was heading in the right direction. But what we are watching on Sunday's right now is just a joke.

Oddly, I need to agree with the decision.  There are much better HC opportunities available this season.  Falcons and 49ers have much better talent, and the Falcons have first rate ownership and are in the weakest division in football.  Raiders have a ton of cap room.  Buffalo was a contender for most of the year.  Only the faithful believe that the Skins are still a top tier coaching opportunity.  Bad players, bad management, bad ownership - total dysfunction.

If promoting Morris results in an even worse defense, so be it.  The next coach gets an opportunity to come in his own people.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago

Redskins setting up DC interviews with 49ers DC Vic Fangio, 49ers DB coach Ed Donatell and SD LB coach Joe Barry, per sources.

http://www.49ers.com/team/coaches/Ed-Donatell/ba4c0c2b-37b9-4480-bea9-ed279c6168b8

http://www.chargers.com/team/coaches/joe-barry/c0b5a89b-2044-4783-80d5-c98a75b73fba

Some info above on Donatell and Barry for those wondering

Looks like they are looking at guys to keep the 3-4

There's a 25% chance that personnel from 2 teams would be all running the 3-4, so I doubt that we've seen the end of the story.

Fangio is looking at HC jobs.  Even if he doesn't get one, he's not going to ruin his reputation by coming here.

I found this wiki quote about Barry to be quite funny.    "On December 21, 2008, at a press conference following the Lions' 42-27 loss to the New Orleans Saints, Detroit News sports columnist Rob Parker addressed a question about Barry to Marinelli, inquiring whether Marinelli wished that his daughter had "married a better defensive coordinator."

Hopefully not. As someone mentioned on twitter after all the evaluations they hire Morris. It wouldn't surprise me with Allen.

That's what scares me. They did the same dog and pony with Gruden.

I gave the FO the benefit of the doubt last offseason. Not doing it again. Until someone other than Morris is hired, I have to assume the worst.

That's what scares me. They did the same dog and pony with Gruden.

I gave the FO the benefit of the doubt last offseason. Not doing it again. Until someone other than Morris is hired, I have to assume the worst.

Totally agree KD.  I feel the same way!  We'd be very fortunate to get Vic Fangio.

Archived