Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are legitimate options to replace Haslett as DC?

HtownRocks111

I'm glad we're interviewing outside the org.  TK had me very worried.  Still am.  But hopefully someone comes in who actually knows what they're doing and pulls the Morrisites away from their corner.

Fangio would be right up there with Spanos and Wade I think, for me.  He's probably looking for an HC job first, and then who knows where we are on the DC list if that doesn't happen.

Donatell's history is a little suspect.

Oh no....

It's gonna be Joe Barry isn't it...

A year later, he was named linebackers coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and in 2002, he won a Super Bowl ring with the Bucs as they defeated the Oakland Raiders, 48-21, in Super Bowl XXXVII in San Diego. The title capped off a season in which the Buccaneers led the NFL in total and scoring defense, and in which linebacker Derrick Brooks was named NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Barry spent six seasons in Tampa Bay before landing the job as defensive coordinator in Detroit during the 2007-08 seasons. He returned to Tampa Bay in 2009 as linebackers coach and has continued coaching the position since.

I'm sorry, but anyone tied to Tampa, I'm just...no.  Also, weren't the Lions defenses in those years terrible?

Ok, so points for looking outside the org Bruce, and points for Fangio, but I'm deducting points for allowing TK to ruin my new years with your Morris hullaballoo, and for setting up interviews with two guys who are less accomplished by far than Wade and Spanos.

The point deductions for not interviewing Wade yet are halved bc they've probably talked to him a couple times, so might not need as hefty of an interview.

Oh, and if you hire Morris eventually, minus 500 billion points.  Don't do that.  That's bad.

Source tells @ESPNRadio980 that for now the #Redskins have been denied permission to speak to 49ers DC Vic Fangio.

Balls.

Well, time to bring in Spanos.

Please...please.

Also, I don't know why above I ended up with Barry Church instead of Joe Barry.   Fixed that.

I know we're all pissed off at Allen and the thought of Raheem as DC, but only one thing has happened so far....Haslett has been fired....and that's a positive....let's start off the new year hopeful.

They get hope when they've earned it.

Fool me once, I'm mad.

Fool me twice, how could you?

Fool me three times, and you're officially that guy!  You know the one, he's all like "ehhhhh, this seasons, it's officially doing well off the field."

I ain't havin' dat silliness.

Based on ......?

I think the organization leaks stuff for their own benefit.  They leak that it's Morris, then when they hire someone else the fan base says wow they changed.  This organization tries to manipulate fans through leaks.  I don't like it.

The 49ers are still in talks for promoting him to HC and possibly waiting to hear his decision on the matter before he can entertain other offers.

That's my guess.

Until such time as it becomes clear that the new HC (assuming its not him) doesn't want to retain him, the 49ers are not going to allow him to interview, other than for HC positions.

Until such time as it becomes clear that the new HC (assuming its not him) doesn't want to retain him, the 49ers are not going to allow him to interview, other than for HC positions.

Yeah, and as Zoony pointed out in the other thread, it was with 49ers and Vic last year that we botched the interview process and pissed off the organization.

Yeah, and as Zoony pointed out in the other thread, it was with 49ers and Vic last year that we botched the interview process and kissed off the organization.

I'd say it has more to do with the fact they're considering him for their HC position.

I'd say it has more to do with the fact they're considering him for their HC position.

Yeah, I definitely agree. I wonder how long that's going to take.

Hopefully if we're really interested, the Redskins dont just pull the trigger on someone else and not wait. I could understand if it's someone else they are incredibly high on, but pulling the trigger to just fill the vacancy wouldn't be so great.

And knowing us...oh dear.

Just hire Wade and be done with it now. Everybody wins. Fans get a DC with a good track record, Gruden gets another guy with head coaching experience on the sidelines, and the front office continues to hire based on who you know/are related to.

Phillip Daniels brought up the idea that Fangio himself asked the 49ers to deny permission.  That it's not the team saying no, but rather, Fangio not wanting to be interviewed by us.

I'm sincerely hoping it's the usual "he's being interviewed by 49ers and they want first crack at him" business, but since Daniels mentioned the (dire) possibility I figured it'd be worth mentioning.

Archived