Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are legitimate options to replace Haslett as DC?

HtownRocks111

This franchise is a dumpster fire.

If Raheem Morris is promoted and not fired we will officially be the worst franchise in the NFL.

I'm all for open revolt at this point. I hope fans that actually attend games next year bring paper bags to wear.

From the moment Allen got full control we've gone from bad to worse and are heading for awful at full speed.

From the moment Allen got full control we've gone from bad to worse and are heading for awful at full speed.

Yeah, it's a little sad that underneath it all, it's possible the only thing keeping this team from complete dysfunction was the HC who hired his son as OC, kept Haslett for too long, and traded 2 firsts and a 2nd for a QB who has seemingly been abandoned by everyone else.

It makes perfect sense that you would not make any other defensive decisions until you select a new DC. Let the new DC choose his coaches. Another good reason for Phillips or Donatell; they would not bring in any loyalties to existing staff and could theoretically pursue their own staff. It's not a race, I hope we are patient and make a good choice, unlike our normal practices.

Guys, 

Since we are speculating who the DC will be, here's a nugget from a recent Wade Phillips interview:

The specific interview is here:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/11/12/a-long-conversation-with-wade-phillips/

RG: So you’re watching the DirecTV Game Mix channel? Or, do you watch Red Zone? 

WP: I’ll do both. I also go on the other channels and watch the games themselves. And I record some of the games, and go back in case I want to see the Texans, Cowboys, or Redskins — teams I’m interested in — I’ll record their games and look at them again.

Guys, 

Since we are speculating who the DC will be, here's a nugget from a recent Wade Phillips interview:

The specific interview is here:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/11/12/a-long-conversation-with-wade-phillips/

Out of who we have/are interviewing, Donatell makes the most sense and is my choice.  Now, if we bring in Wade I'd be happy.  He's been successful. 

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 5m5 minutes ago

Ed Donatell's interview for the Skins vacant DC job is early next week. Would be Vic Fangio's DC if Fangio gets the SF head coach job

Ian RapoportVerified account ‏@RapSheet

This is an interesting one. Wade Phillips will interview for the #Redskins defensive coordinator opening this week, source says.

In the son of a bum, we believe! 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know he watches our games more intently than any other candidate, and knows our players likely better than any other as well. Including direct information about players from his son.

Make it happen Bruce. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000453299/article/wade-phillips-to-interview-for-redskins-dc-job

Wade has a proven track history of good to very good defenses....I would love to see him here as our DC regardless of his age.  At least he was watching games last season vice calling BINGO games.  And I certainly think our D can be better next season than friggin almost last in the league in every category. 

Get a young assistant (maybe Olvidatti) that can be groomed by Phillips to inherit the DC job at a later date.

Get rid of Morris.

They are NOT going to promote Morris to DC. 

You do not bring in guys like Ed Donatell and Wade Phillips with proven NFL success and then turn around and have Gruden say, "Morris was the best man for the job."  It is counterintuitive.

I will not be surprised if Gruden leaves the evaluation of Morris to the new DC.  And I bet he fires his ass.

They are NOT going to promote Morris to DC. 

You do not bring in guys like Ed Donatell and Wade Phillips with proven NFL success and then turn around and have Gruden say, "Morris was the best man for the job."  It is counterintuitive.

I will not be surprised if Gruden leaves the evaluation of Morris to the new DC.  And I bet he fires his ass.

I hope you are so right on that.. be a good start to the year

Bowles as dcoord./assthc. He will get offered a hc position. This front office has always turned away from former Redskins who are now coaches. Grimm didn't even get a interview and neither has Bowles.  We keep trying to find the next Joe Gibbs.  Try a defensive minded coach next time

Both Donatell and Wade are good hires. I'm slightly more in favor of Donatell. Wade's defenses normally top out in the 2nd & 3rd years. If Donatell is our guy I would keep Baker & Olividatti and get the 9ers DL coach and crazy as this sounds hire Wade as a assistant head coach. I always thought we should have gotten a Defensive head coach instead of Gruden.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000453299/article/wade-phillips-to-interview-for-redskins-dc-job

Nice.

Sorry I just noticed that someone above me posted this link.

I think Wade is a great choice.  I'm not sold on the grooming thing anymore.  I always see fans speculating that a younger member of the staff can eventually take over.  It never happens. 

Archived