Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DS: London Fletcher: DC Jim Haslett "Clueless" w/ video

DC9

Haz's son tweeted something along the lines of, "Hate to see someone my father respects so much go on tv and trash him, trying to ruin his career."

That drew London's response about "your father has ruined plenty of careers."

Wow.  Fletcher is heated about something.

And Haz's kid cc'ed Chris Russell?

A couple things... One, no matter what he may think of Haslett as a coach, Haslett was always highly complimentary of Fletcher, and praised him as a man and player, well beyond his usefulness. Going at a kid and saying that about his father, is unprofessional and childish. Lastly, he (Haslett) apparently wasn't clueless enough for Fletcher to leave and not resign for nothing more than lifetime achievement contract, when the team was strapped for cash.

As much as I may not like Haslett, I'm not going to excuse London's remarks, especially when his terrible play only exacerbated Hasletts cluelessness

As much as I may not like Haslett, I'm not going to excuse London's remarks, especially when his terrible play only exacerbated Hasletts cluelessness

Definitely can't disagree that London was terrible for the first part of '12 and most of '13. 

I love what Fletcher had to say, I am not sure about the delivery, but just like with Gruden and his pressers, there is obviously more to this story.

A couple things... One, no matter what he may think of Haslett as a coach, Haslett was always highly complimentary of Fletcher, and praised him as a man and player, well beyond his usefulness. Going at a kid and saying that about his father, is unprofessional and childish. Lastly, he (Haslett) apparently wasn't clueless enough for Fletcher to leave and not resign for nothing more than lifetime achievement contract, when the team was strapped for cash.

I would have to concur, London can get his point across without all the extra vitriol he's throwing in it.

Yeah this is Bush League to me.

True or not I always felt he was very professional as a player. This looks like anything but and is just name calling with a guy you didn't along with or see eye to eye with.

It's not name-calling, he went through film and proved how Haslett has no feel for the game and can't call a defense. The joke of an organization has employed a guy who is this bad at doing his job for five years. Inexcusable. 

Andre Carter and Robert Henson are piling in on Haslett now on twitter

https://twitter.com/Mr_Henson51/status/541679814600830976

This is two more former redskins that say Haslett has ruined either their career by badmouthing them or other players' careers. I think Fletcher must've felt some kind of way about how the coaches were running down the secondary after the Colts game, talking about how simple the coverages were and how they can't simply the defense any further. I think that struck a chord in London, and considering their history and not being too far removed from the locker room, he was sick of Haslett blaming everyone else for his failures and used his platform. 

Before any of this broke, or any whispers started in the last week or so, I noted over and over that Haslett was saying all kinds of things behind the scenes to undermine Shanahan, other coaches, and even some players. I think the tipping point for Fletcher was hearing about some of the things Haslett had been saying, behind the scenes, about players on the team with whom Fletch is close and who don't deserve that kind of treatment. Haslett is getting exactly what he deserves. The NFL coaching fraternity is close, and most of those guys are intimately aware of what he did to Shanahan. He'll be lucky to be a position coach (LB) next year. My guess is that if he has any future in the NFL, it's in the league office. There's a reason he was out of the league when Shanahan called him.......after his first choice said no (agent and close friends advised Zimmer against it), and his second choice wasn't available.

Thank you, London, I just wish he said all of this immediately following the season when everyone was foolishly buying that ridiculous excuse the organization and Haslett were sending out.

Damnit, it's so frustrating knowing we're rooting for a team with one of the most moronic Owner and FOs in history.  

So the two classiest human beings in the history of the redskins defense, Andre carter and London fletcher call out Haslett

And folks saying they're no longer classy. These are the same morons who wine about anonymous sources

Those are the same people who completely bought into the organization's propaganda at the end of last season, and don't want to face the reality that they were completely duped. You'll see it's the same group who focus heavily on Gruden (not to say he doesn't deserve plenty blame, but he's nowhere near the top of the list of things) now for everything.

It's so obvious, and Dan has got to love them.  

There's something about what Fletcher is saying that bugs me, yes Haslett sucks and we know that but why didn't Fletcher help out the organization and say something to management.  He played for Haz for years and now he finally grew a pair and exposes him to be the piece of **** he is.

I think he's a coward.

How can anyone view London's comments as anything but POSITIVE for us?  Finally someone on the media "main stage" tells it how it is and puts this bum on blast for the world to see!  Bruce and Dan are now forced to make a move and stop making excuses.  Thank you, London!  Hail #59!  Hope to see you in the Ring of Fame one day!

Archived