Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DS: London Fletcher: DC Jim Haslett "Clueless" w/ video

DC9

How do you know he didn't? Got tired of seeing excuses made for him (like the rest of us) and finally had to say something. 

I'm glad he said it. People ****ing about "anonymous" sources and finally someone says something and puts their name on it. Coward? Hardly.

Then why did he back off his statement earlier this year when he tweeted a negative comment on Haz and then found out Haz didn't lose his job.  You get no argument from me that Haz needs to go, I never liked him going back to his terrible coaching days at New Orleans.

I just think for a guy that is as well respected as Fletcher, his voice would have been heard if he went to Snyder or Allen but he didn't because he is a p***y.  What he did shows poor character and makes me question if the media rumors of him being "fake" are correct.

Haslett is nothing more but a symptom of the bigger issue, and we all know what that is.  This team is like a grandpa with Alzheimers.  It something you have known for  a very long time and loved; and turned into someone you can hardly recognize.  (sorry I don't mean to hurt anyone who actually has a close relative with Alzheimer's, but it feels kind of the same.)  #WhereareMYredskins

Everyone questioning London for signing back here knowing Haz was the DC.

Maybe he resigned to try and save his team mates from his ****ty DCing. Didn't want leave behind his brothers alone with him. Even if it meant playing well past his prime/well into his over the hill days.

So the two classiest human beings in the history of the redskins defense, Andre carter and London fletcher call out Haslett

And folks saying they're no longer classy. These are the same morons who wine about anonymous sources

I feel like these are the same kinds of fans as the ones who started an "RG3" chant in the Rams game today. They're completely missing the point.

coward? fraud? (wrt fletcher) you guys are hilarious.

fletcher was a class act as a redskin. he came in everyday and worked his tail off for the redskins and had a great career. he has not been known to throw people under the bus.

there is no one more qualified to critique jim haslett than London fletcher, and everything London said was true.

there is no shame in calling someone else out when you are in the proper position to do so (no longer a redskin) and are speaking the truth.

Fletcher is a stand-up guy, but there was a tipping point, a trigger. The SS Ashburn is sinking fast, and with his behind the scenes machinations, Haslett is hiding the life jackets of a lot of good people, including several who are close to Fletcher. There does come a time when you have to speak up.

This is why I said something else is up.  Who knows what's going on.  We'll read about it in five years.

So, not speaking up is bad.  Speaking to management is "going over the coaches head" and bad.  Speaking up anonymously to the press is bad.  Speaking up with your name attached in the media is bad.  Moral of the story, the only thing people want from football players is quiet dominance because anything else is bad and it mean they are somehow bad people. 

Can't believe I'm defending Haz, since I want him gone, but I will.  Fletcher's comments are completely out of line and disrespectful.  Say what you will about Haz, but he's always stuck up for his players in the media.  Fletcher was obviously done last season and Haz stood up for him.  If Fletcher wants to question the play calls that's one thing.  It he wants to question the direction of the FO that's another thing, but he took personal shots at Haz and I don't think it's right.  Looks like Fletcher's trying to create some buzz to land a media gig.  I hope he doesn't get one.  

Haz called his schemes so easy High Schoolers can execute them. That's not exactly "defending his players". 

Fletcher is spot on. He's an awful D Coordinator with nothing but excuses. Fletcher gave this organization everything he had and may have been the only professional on this. He actually cares enough about the team and its fans to do this and we have the audacity to trash him or claim he's got bad motives. Amazing.   

Everyone barks when source is 'anonymous', or dry snitching.

Fletch blasts a guy- what pretty much everyone on this board probably echoed at least once- and some are like 'whoa'.

There's really no classy way to say you suck. You want Fletch to sugar coat it, than its just another mediot given the lip service.

I for one at least respect him for not diluting it. And Haz' kid shouldn't have addressed him. It's pretty obvious he doesn't think nuch of your dad.

Haz called his schemes so easy High Schoolers can execute them. That's not exactly "defending his players". 

Fletcher is spot on. He's an awful D Coordinator with nothing but excuses. Fletcher gave this organization everything he had and may have been the only professional on this. He actually cares enough about the team and its fans to do this and we have the audacity to trash him or claim he's got bad motives. Amazing.   

Here's the interesting part of it.  Chris Russell was just on the radio and he said the perception of Fletcher in the locker room from other players was he was a phony.  Fletcher made some remakes towards Haz at the end of last season how Morris should take over.  Haz called Fletcher about it and Fletcher retracted his comments saying he mistakenly thought Haz got fired along with Shanahan.  Fletcher never voiced his displeasure with Haz as a player and Haz took care of him as a vet.  How many times last year did the media ask Haz about Fletcher's drop in play and Haz always said he's still got it.  Haz backed him till the end.  

Again, I think Haz is a bad DC and should be gone.  I just think it's wrong of Fletcher to come out and take personal shots at him and then get in a twitter war with his son over it.  If he coached the  '85 Bears defense they would of been mediocre?  Maybe true, but a bad insult to throw at someone who backed you at the end of your career.  

Here's the interesting part of it.  Chris Russell was just on the radio and he said the perception of Fletcher in the locker room from other players was he was a phony.  Fletcher made some remakes towards Haz at the end of last season how Morris should take over.  Haz called Fletcher about it and Fletcher retracted his comments saying he mistakenly thought Haz got fired along with Shanahan.  Fletcher never voiced his displeasure with Haz as a player and Haz took care of him as a vet.  

Again, I think Haz is a bad DC and should be gone.  I just think it's wrong of Fletcher to come out and take personal shots at him and then get in a twitter war with his son over it.  

Russel is a good source on this, clearly. It's not like he's been trolling us all year about Haz and putting the blame on everything and anything other than Haz no matter what. Russel would be totally objective right now. 

As for making it personal, that's exactly what Haslett did when he made every excuse in the book as to why he's failed this team, topping it off with the "Mike Shanahan handcuffed me" grand finale that was nothing short of disgusting. Fletcher didn't get into a twitter war with his son, his son called Fletcher out and he responded with the truth. Just stop.

Fletcher was one of the only bright spots this organization has had since he's come here, period. We shouldn't hate him because the team chose to re-sign him when he was clearly declining due to age, nor should we give Haslett credit for that as if Fletcher should be thankful to him.     

Russel is a good source on this, clearly. It's not like he's been trolling us all year about Haz and putting the blame on everything and anything other than Haz no matter what. Russel would be totally objective right now. 

As for making it personal, that's exactly what Haslett did when he made every excuse in the book as to why he's failed this team, topping it off with the "Mike Shanahan handcuffed me" grand finale that was nothing short of disgusting. Fletcher didn't get into a twitter war with his son, his son called Fletcher out and he responded with the truth. Just stop.

Fletcher was one of the only bright spots this organization has had since he's come here, period. We shouldn't hate him because the team chose to re-sign him when he was clearly declining due to age, nor should we give Haslett credit for that as if Fletcher should be thankful to him.     

Dude this isn't about Haslett and Shanahan.  It's about Haslett and Fletcher.  Fact is Haslett always defended Fletcher as a player even when he sucked.  Fletcher could of come out and questioned the play calling.  That's fine.  Instead he took a personal shot at the guy.  

Doesn't matter if the son started it.  Fletcher's suppose to be a professional.  Why are you coming back at someone's kid?

I respect Fletcher a lot more for doing what he did today than I respect Haslett for doing that same thing repeatedly behind closed doors, especially when it involves the potential livelihood of coaches and players. How ungrateful can you be to undermine a coach who gave you a chance when you were out of the NFL and nobody else wanted to hire you? That's what I call unprofessional.

And a lot of people here blamed Shanahan (Kyle or Mike) for the leaks about Robert last year. Those loose lips are still on the coaching staff, and on the offensive side of the ball.

Dude this isn't about Haslett and Shanahan.  It's about Haslett and Fletcher.  Fact is Haslett always defended Fletcher as a player even when he sucked.  Fletcher could of come out and questioned the play calling.  That's fine.  Instead he took a personal shot at the guy.  

Doesn't matter if the son started it.  Fletcher's suppose to be a professional.  Why are you coming back at someone's kid?

First off, I didn't solely mention the Shanahan excuse for you to say that. He's always made excuses and that was his biggest one in order to be retained. Secondly, did you listen to the critique by Fletcher? He's the one who made it a point to mention that, not me. 

Finally, it does matter if the son started it. If the son didn't want a response, he shouldn't have said anything. I feel bad for Haslett's son, I really do. But Fletcher is allowed to defend himself. 

It is one thing to say that Haslett isn't a good defensive coordinator.

(Which is completely believable.)

It is another thing to claim that he's ruined people's career (without producing any evidence).

Whose career has he ruined and how?

It is another thing to claim that he's ruined people's career (without producing any evidence).

Brian Orakpo might be a candidate..so there you go. 

It follows logically that if he's a bad D Coordinator putting his players in bad situations and then making excuses about it, he'd be (at the very least) hurting their careers, right? 

Maybe ruined is too strong of a word, but I bet Fletcher can tell you how many players on the D could've had way better success elsewhere. You saw some of the film Fletcher went through where some of the players end up looking like idiots when the playcall itself was ridiculous given the situation.   

London Fletcher said it and Andre Carter (a class act and a good dude) agreed via twitter.  I trust them both.

Archived