Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets just lay the cards out. Do you believe Griffin is still our savior?

RichmondRedskin88

389 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still think Griffin is the franchise savior?

• Yes. He will overcome these injures and bring this franchise back.
    • No. The injures will be too much. He will be gone in the next few years.

If we are talking about RG3 of 2012, I vote yes. But we are not, we have not seen that guy since then. I think he has the ability to be the "franchise" but too early to anoint him as such. Is he the best QB on the team? He better be, I like both KC and CM but think RG3 is more talented than both. At this point, I just want to see him improve (which I think he will) and give him this year and maybe next to craft his game.

I've said it before, but I don't want the RG3 from 2012.  I want to see an RG3 who has grown since then, that doesn't need to use his legs all the time to run down the field, but to be able to escape pressure and throw the ball down the field.  I want to see a guy who knows that there are other players on the team who can make plays and put them into positions where they can.

While 2012 was very exciting in many ways, it was not sustainable and depended way too much on RG3's athleticism for success.

No.  I think that the next Redskins SB winning QB is not on this team yet.  We need to build a line first. 

Robert is the best QB that we have had in this town for a LONG time, but I fear that by the time that we are ready to fully compete in this league, he will no longer be here.  I hope that I am wrong...

No.  I think that the next Redskins SB winning QB is not on this team yet.  We need to build a line first. 

Robert is the best QB that we have had in this town for a LONG time, but I fear that by the time that we are ready to fully compete in this league, he will no longer be here.  I hope that I am wrong...

The NFL is a fickled ****. All it takes is a team to get hot at the right time and anything can happen. If we can build off of the win in Dallas and continue to improve then there is no reason that we couldn't be competing for a SB in a couple years. If we get lucky and RGIII continues to develop and stays healty we could win one before RGIII is retired. You never know. That's what makes the NFL the best professional sports league in the world IMO.

Savior? I'm not really sure I like that term no matter how good he becomes. I still believe he can develop into a good starting QB and think there's an outside shot he could be special. I don't think we need the latter for our team to become a perennial contender though. I think that is much more dependent on whether Jay Gruden is the right guy (which, so far, I'm optimistic about). 

I'm in the middle.

The talent is there. When the dude is in his groove, he can't be messed with. Even last year, there were times when I just sat and watched and was an awe. 

That said, he's been in the league three years. He's been injured every year!!!

Logic says... he's injury prone. My gut feeling says.... he is a QB that can lead us.

So I can't vote on this poll. Too much of a toss up. 

I honestly think he will.  But I'm not expecting him to save the franchise, I just want him to be one piece to solving the puzzle that is the Redskins franchise.  At this point I will be happy if he is good, my expectation of him being one of the greatest has been lowered considerably.

For the record, McCoy played well. Maybe very well. Not lights out.

Ben Rothlisburger played lights out. Peyton has been playing lights out.

He played very well. 300 yards, efficient, got a rushing TD and a pick.

You know the closest emulation of McCoy this season by a Skins QB? Griffin in week 1. Against a MUCH better defense.

Very efficient, high completion percentage, 1 turnover (fumble on the exchange with Morris) and put up 17 points. Same number as monday night in regulation.

It's fascinating that people were lambasting Griffin after week 1 and lauding McCoy for basically the same game.

I will say that McCoys performance was more impressive in that he's the third string QB. Bigger stage. But he had a lesser defense to go against.

It's interesting how the goalposts move.

Griffin has the potential to be a top 5 QB in the league. McCoy doesn't.

Yes, I still believe in him.

Interesting, I thought we scored 6 in Houston and lost. Houston is ranked 23rd against the pass, so they aren't 'superior', better but not by much.

Griffin need to prove he's better and fast, no more excuses. We've had 2 QB's throw good to great numbers and limited sacks while he was gone. If he comes back and the problems return, we'll know the cause. 

Interesting, I thought we scored 6 in Houston and lost. Houston is ranked 23rd against the pass, so they aren't 'superior', better but not by much.

Griffin need to prove he's better and fast, no more excuses. We've had 2 QB's throw good to great numbers and limited sacks while he was gone. If he comes back and the problems return, we'll know the cause.

I was wrong about the points.

Any reasonable measure shows that Houston is better than Dallas defensively.

I never believed RG3 was my savior. I have one savior, and he died for my sins. :)

Anyway, I'm not certain that Griffin is our franchise QB. Here we are a year removed from shanahan and we still have leaks derailing our team before kickoff and criticizing Robert. If there is any validity to the claims, we may need to look elsewhere for a long term solution.

I never believed RG3 was my savior. I have one savior, and he died for my sins. :)

Anyway, I'm not certain that Griffin is our franchise QB. Here we are a year removed from shanahan and we still have leaks derailing our team before kickoff and criticizing Robert. If there is any validity to the claims, we may need to look elsewhere for a long term solution.

The leaks are a bunch of bull

Griffin can run.   He's not a running QB.   He can pass.   He's not a pocket QB.   He's not Jason Campbell.   He learns.   He adjusts.   He can do a number of things.   And in 10 years, we'll think of him as the finest PLAYER in the history of this team.    Because that is exactly what he will be.    And it won't be close.    

Griffin can run.   He's not a running QB.   He can pass.   He's not a pocket QB.   He's not Jason Campbell.   He learns.   He adjusts.   He can do a number of things.   And in 10 years, we'll think of him as the finest PLAYER in the history of this team.    Because that is exactly what he will be.    And it won't be close.

Well said and I'm 100% with you.

Sadly, I'm voting no. At least to what I think the OP is trying to ask. No one person will be the team "savior" but I don't believ RGIII will be a top 5 QB here that will lead our franchise to the promised land. I REALLY want to be proven wrong on this. And I don't vote this way because I don't believe he isn't smart enough or talented enough. I just don't believe he can stay healthy.

I'd like to believe this.

I prefer objectivity over emotional, feel good homerism.

Archived