Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets just lay the cards out. Do you believe Griffin is still our savior?

RichmondRedskin88

389 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still think Griffin is the franchise savior?

• Yes. He will overcome these injures and bring this franchise back.
    • No. The injures will be too much. He will be gone in the next few years.

I'm in the middle.

The talent is there. When the dude is in his groove, he can't be messed with. Even last year, there were times when I just sat and watched and was an awe.

That said, he's been in the league three years. He's been injured every year!!!

Logic says... he's injury prone. My gut feeling says.... he is a QB that can lead us.

So I can't vote on this poll. Too much of a toss up.

I still can't vote in this poll. I don't think it's the injuries that's holding him back, I think it's just him.

I have not seen RG3 play since the first half of the Seattle playoff game.

Let RG3 be RG3. 

"Preserve the franchise QB" --- yet hes guaranteed gone and forgotten with this tactic.

"Develop him into pocket passer" --- you are developing someone who is not a pocket passer into one at the NFL level. This makes zero sense. 

"He will be injured in no time"--- I would be willing to bet RG3 would rather be injured than completely and totally forgotten or labeled as a bust. 

I saw RG3 miss a screen pass Sunday. A 10 foot screen pass at someones feet. 

He missed Desean 2 times for sure TDs. 

He threw nothing but checkdown passes and took zero risks after the 2 picks (one was on him, the other should not have been thrown so low but Paul cannot throw the ball in the air)

Hes not playing his game. Hes young and people are getting in his head. He wants to lead the franchise. He takes all the blame for losses. This tactic isnt going to work. If you want the same results keep doing the same thing.

All I am saying is this. You can either tell RG3 to play football the way he has always played it or you get what we have seen this season.

The big question with Robert is just how good is he without the athleticism he once had. He probably does not scare anyone anymore as far as mobility is concerned. Can he become a pocket QB who can win from the pocket? I think the answer is a maybe... sadly he DOES NOT have the time to learn. You can't be an average QB in DC for very long. I think everyone here wants a QB not a guy who only can be effective in the read option until he "learns" how to be a QB. You don't draft projects number 2 overall (in today's NFL anyway). I was under the impression this guy could stand in the pocket and be effective when he came out from Baylor (didn't watch him much and hadn't even heard of him until that game on ESPN against TCU?). It looks to me anyway that this was false and he has to learn to do so. If that is the case one has to wonder why he was drafted in the first place. Right now he is causing more headaches than he is helping us win on the field. 

I think the problem is Griffin didn't enter the league as a rookie - he arrived as a "Brand".

Shanahan's unique offense, combined with Griffin's freak athleticism, really was the epitome of lightning in a bottle in 2012.

It's impossible to say what would have happened had he never been injured, but at this point he is what he is - damaged goods.

He is not a very good QB right now, and day by day is becoming nothing more than a "persona".

I'm so tired of defending RG3 and now I am done.  He continues to say stupid **** to the media and say things that could be taken as throwing his teammates under the bus.  He has done this for 3 years now, he just cannot learn.  Sorry Rob, I'm turning on you...not because you suck but because you are an idiot who doesn't learn how to handle yourself.

RG3 needs to get back to learning how to play basic football, stuff that he shouldn't have to do at this point especially when he was drafted as high as he was. this taking time crap is hogwash, because he has been given plays that average qb's can do well with (see McCoy). I believe RG3 can bounce back but the time is now and over the course of the next 6 games, it has to, otherwise this team must go in a different direction.

The big question with Robert is just how good is he without the athleticism he once had. He probably does not scare anyone anymore as far as mobility is concerned. Can he become a pocket QB who can win from the pocket? I think the answer is a maybe... sadly he DOES NOT have the time to learn. You can't be an average QB in DC for very long. I think everyone here wants a QB not a guy who only can be effective in the read option until he "learns" how to be a QB. You don't draft projects number 2 overall (in today's NFL anyway). I was under the impression this guy could stand in the pocket and be effective when he came out from Baylor (didn't watch him much and hadn't even heard of him until that game on ESPN against TCU?). It looks to me anyway that this was false and he has to learn to do so. If that is the case one has to wonder why he was drafted in the first place. Right now he is causing more headaches than he is helping us win on the field. 

Having worked for years rehabilitating athletes from major injuries, I can tell you a knee injury makes no major difference in speed for an athlete like this(young, world class). it's more of a mental thing. he is afraid to take those risks, make the cuts, etc. If he ran a 4.3 in the combine I would bet he is no worse than upper 4.4 which is still fast. he is just so tentative no one is scared of him juking them anymore. The ligament will never be the same, and he knows it. So he hesitates at taking those risks and the opposing team knows it. You can tell in the way he runs. Add the ankle injury into it, and you have a guy trying to change his style of play.

I think they should not run read option, but should increase the amount of bootlegs he does. Going one on one with a cushion of space and he will be fine. Running the option where he has to cut hard and possibly get drilled, not so much.

His problem is not intelligence, it is not athletic ability, it is hesitation to the risks he used to take.

Archived