Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets just lay the cards out. Do you believe Griffin is still our savior?

RichmondRedskin88

389 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still think Griffin is the franchise savior?

• Yes. He will overcome these injures and bring this franchise back.
    • No. The injures will be too much. He will be gone in the next few years.

Presently, RG3 doesn't look like a future franchise QB. He's not good at reading defenses which means manipulating them is an impossibility. He could get better with time however. Mercurial RG3, however, may be gone forever. Shanahan not pulling him out of that playoff game against Seattle 2 years ago may have rendered him athletically ordinary for the rest of his career. That decision not to take him out may have changed the trajectory of a promising career.

His speed and athleticism hid his deficiencies as a QB. In fact, he looks very fragile and jumpy when there is any pressure from the defensive line. He appears to have blinders on because he can't seem to pick up where pressure is coming from to be able to avoid it. It was something his superior speed and athleticism that allowed him to get out of trouble.

He doesn't look like the long-term answer at QB for the Redskins. I so hope I'm wrong!!!

I'll always love the Redskins but to see RGIII go to dallas and destroy us and hurt the redskins fans who turned their back on RGIII it would bring pleasure to drink the tears of those fickle redskins fans. 

You're clearly a fan of Griffin based on your comments about our other QBs. And there are actually a number of fans of other teams on here who post regularly, and one or two other Griffin fans too .

But it would be wonderful to see Griffin playing for Dallas and getting destroyed, just like Romo. If he was a Dallas player I hope we got him carted off the pitch too. That's the difference between rooting for a team and not a player....

I'm not sure this is covered in this lengthy thread.  But one thing I'm almost shocked most people seem to forget about RG3, is how hobbled he was late in the 2012 season.  What I mean by that, he was winning, yet was hardly as mobile as he had been.  If he can win on one leg, I really think all will be fine with him.

The alternative explanation discussed this morning on ESPN 980 is that Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner spends an inordinate amount of time training his offense on blitz pickup.  "They practice it all the time," was the quote.  So the packages that worked so well against Dallas may have been ineffective against the Vikings.  

That said, it still seems to me you've got to come up with some way to pressure and confuse a rookie quarterback...

So we didn't blitz because the other team practices against the blitz?  DAMNIT!  We're screwed, what if the other teams start practicing stopping the run too? 

RG3 played a solid game. Not sure what some of you were expecting after a long layoff. He is what he is right now. He's going to take sacks, he's going to have sloppy footwork, throw some bad balls. But he also made some nice plays and threw a few great deep balls. He helped the run game too. Is he a true franchise QB? Nope, not right now. But he's also not as bad as some of you are making him out to be.

RG3 played a solid game. Not sure what some of you were expecting after a long layoff. He is what he is right now. He's going to take sacks, he's going to have sloppy footwork, throw some bad balls. But he also made some nice plays and threw a few great deep balls. He helped the run game too. Is he a true franchise QB? Nope, not right now. But he's also not as bad as some of you are making him out to be.

Alexa, are you okay? Lol, good post bro. Objective.

.....perhaps shockingly so

Alexa, are you okay? Lol, good post bro. Objective......perhaps shockingly so

I'm an RG3 fan and really want him to be our QB. Always have. But I also don't think he can walks on water either. I just want the best QB under center for this team, whoever that is. Right now that's probably RG3, but he has to improve moving forward.

I'm an RG3 fan and really want him to be our QB. Always have. But I also don't think he walks on water either. I just want the best QB under center for this team, whoever that is. Right now that's probably RG3, but he has to improve moving forward.

You're clearly a fan of Griffin based on your comments about our other QBs. And there are actually a number of fans of other teams on here who post regularly, and one or two other Griffin fans too .

But it would be wonderful to see Griffin playing for Dallas and getting destroyed, just like romoSUCKS. If he was a Dallas player I hope we got him carted off the pitch too. That's the difference between rooting for a team and not a player....

Of course i'm a fan of griffin because he's the best QB we have on the roster, if Colt or Kirk were the best QB on the roster I would be a fan of them too. Yea sure we'll destroy griffin behind that elite offensive line they have in Dallas. We've been last in the NFCeast I think 7 out of the last 9 seasons. 

Again you can pull my previous posts i'm a die hard fan of the team but you can believe whatever you would like. HTTR24_7 is a die hard fan of the team he says the same thing we have the dumbest fan base in the NFL. Does that make him a fan of RGIII over the team? nope not at all. 

If we're not going to build around RGIII let him go somewhere else so he can be in a stable franchise and rip the league apart. I just think it would be extremely enjoyable to watch RGIII dominate on another team. It would be like Carlos Rodgers all over again BUT 1,000,000 times more impactful because RGIII is a QB/face of a franchise type guy. 

Ok it was just a dumbass post

Thanks for clarifying

what was dumb? wanting RGIII to succeed and knowing he wont succeed with this joke of a franchise ? Okkkkkkkk if you say so......

Guess we'll draft a QB in a year or two and in 4 years be right back at the same place we're at now wondering why it's not working. lol

If we're not going to build around RGIII let him go somewhere else so he can be in a stable franchise and rip the league apart. I just think it would be extremely enjoyable to watch RGIII dominate on another team. It would be like Carlos Rodgers all over again BUT 1,000,000 times more impactful because RGIII is a QB/face of a franchise type guy. 

When did that chump ever dominate anything?

Being on the '9ers SB team made him look a lot better than he ever was and explains the PB popularity vote that year. Since he's returned to what he was before here.

The very definition of mediocre,

Hail.

what was dumb? wanting RGIII to succeed and knowing he wont succeed with this joke of a franchise ? Okkkkkkkk if you say so......

Guess we'll draft a QB in a year or two and in 4 years be right back at the same place we're at now wondering why it's not working. lol

You said that you wish that RG3 would leave for Dallas (the team's biggest rival btw) and dominate. That comes off as you're just an RG3 fan or just not that smart.

It also isn't smart because as I pointed out, it would be dumb for RG3 to leave DC over the media (as in your hypothetical) to go to Dallas where the media scrutiny would be 10x worse since Dallas is the most polarizing franchise in the NFL. 

When did that chump ever dominate anything?

Being on the '9ers SB team made him look a lot better than he ever was and explains the PB popularity vote that year. Since he's returned to what he was before here.

The very definition of mediocre,

Hail.

Carlos Rogers still was better in San Fran than he was here. You're proving my point, players who leave us and go to other teams FLOURISH! rogers in san fran with better players overachieved. That's the point i'm making about RGIII, in a stable organization he'll flourish.

Chris Chester, Polumbus, Compton, Lauvao should not be starting/playing heavy snaps for an NFL team who is trying to win a division title and challenge for a superbowl.

Eagles and unfortunately the cowboys are two of the top teams in the division this year and when 100% healthy this is what they have as offensive lineman. 

Eagles: Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Jason Kelce, Todd Herramans

Cowboys: Tyron Smith, Ronald Leary, Travis Fredrick, Doug Free, Zach Martin

Redskins: Trent Williams, (bum) Lauvao, (understized but playing well) Litcht, (terrible/284 pounds) Chris Chester, (not sure how he's been a 3 year starter) Polumbus

We all know RGIII's faults, holds ball too long, doesn't read his reads quickly, yet we refuse to fix the pass blocking? The receiving talent is elite here just give him some pass blocking until he speeds up his reading of the defense. 

We spent a 1st round on Trent Williams the guy has become elite (top 5 at his position) wish we would do the same for the other spots. Even if RGIII doesn't turn out to be the future at least we would then have an elite offensive line for our next young pup QB to play behind you know what I mean?

I'm just frustrated with the fan base thats ready to get rid of him and draft another QB already. 

You said that you wish that RG3 would leave for Dallas (the team's biggest rival btw) and dominate. That comes off as you're just an RG3 fan or just not that smart.

It also isn't smart because as I pointed out, it would be dumb for RG3 to leave DC over the media (as in your hypothetical) to go to Dallas where the media scrutiny would be 10x worse since Dallas is the most polarizing franchise in the NFL. 

Sure i'm a redskins fan but i'm not aware dallas is the teams biggest rival..........

I want him to go to Dallas because it would hurt the fans who turned their back on him even more.  I only brought up dallas as a suitor because I know jerry jones would go after him, he's loved in texas and romoSUCKS is 34 and RGIII inside a dome in turf in that big stadium is crazy enough for it to work.

I'm a redskins fan and i'll be until I die but if we're not going to win a superbowl which doesn't look like is going to happen anytime soon at least I can enjoy football season seeing RGIII dominate the league on another team and taste RGIII bashers tears.

That would make football season enjoyable if we're not going to win seeing as though the last 9 years finishing last in the NFCeast 7 of those proves...... but yea hail to the redskins lol

he was not the answer we needed but whatever gotta work with what we got I guess. needs to be injected titanium in his bones and ligaments, durability is the biggest problem, not reading coverage, holding the ball and such doesnt mean squat if he is on bench with broken joints.

The alternative explanation discussed this morning on ESPN 980 is that Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner spends an inordinate amount of time training his offense on blitz pickup.  "They practice it all the time," was the quote.  So the packages that worked so well against Dallas may have been ineffective against the Vikings.  

That said, it still seems to me you've got to come up with some way to pressure and confuse a rookie quarterback...

That settles it, then.  For the rest of his tenure in DC, Gruden needs to start every presser with "Just so we're all clear, we've been practicing the deep ball, like, a LOT, so don't even try to defend it." :D

Sure i'm a redskins fan but i'm not aware dallas is the teams biggest rival..........

I want him to go to Dallas because it would hurt the fans who turned their back on him even more. I only brought up dallas as a suitor because I know jerry jones would go after him, he's loved in texas and romoSUCKS is 34 and RGIII inside a dome in turf in that big stadium is crazy enough for it to work.

I'm a redskins fan and i'll be until I die but if we're not going to win a superbowl which doesn't look like is going to happen anytime soon at least I can enjoy football season seeing RGIII dominate the league on another team and taste RGIII bashers tears.

That would make football season enjoyable if we're not going to win seeing as though the last 9 years finishing last in the NFCeast 7 of those proves...... but yea hail to the redskins lol

Yeah I'll just let this go

You're odd my friend lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived