Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets just lay the cards out. Do you believe Griffin is still our savior?

RichmondRedskin88

389 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still think Griffin is the franchise savior?

• Yes. He will overcome these injures and bring this franchise back.
    • No. The injures will be too much. He will be gone in the next few years.

1st & 10 (WAS 20): Griffin sacked for -4 yards, Penalty on MINN for 5 yards

1st & 10 (WAS 25): Griffin complete pass to Roberts for 9 yards

2nd & 1 (WAS 34): Helu 5 yard rush

1st & 10 (WAS 39): Pass interference on DJax, 10 yard penalty

1st & 20 (WAS 29): Griffin short pass to Helu 4 yards

2nd &16 (WAS 33): Griffin sacked for -4 yards.

3rd & 20 (WAS 29): Griffin rushes for 14 yards

4th & 6 (WAS 43): Griffin incomplete pass to Reed

I'm playing with you really because I also think he was fatigued by then and that may have affected his performance at the end but your idea of "doing a lot" boils down to one PI call, a hand-off to the RB, two sacks, and a run that was short of the first down marker. Oh and two completions.

I wonder what the Griffin crowd would have said if someone else was playing QB. Not "doing a lot" I suspect!

Listen to Gruden's last interview regarding RGIII. He's talking about the intangibles a QB needs to play at this level. He states that "some of these things you can't coach." I am not going to attempt to quote his entire interview, but if you listen to it yourself, it is exactly my view regarding RGIII.

RGIII has two issues he needs to work on.

1. "Sensing" where the pressure is coming from.

2. "Subtly sliding to the open space in the pocket to deliver the throw with balance. Of course sliding requires sensing to continue to work.

These two, I don't believe can be coached. It's like a RB's vision or a WR's ability to track a pass.

I admit, it's exciting to see him make unscheduled plays. It's was exciting in 2012. But now it is time to play QB in the NFL. Extending plays does not require extraordinary athleticism. I compare it to defending a punch in boxing or martial arts (not MMA). Your entire body does not need to move to block a punch. A good boxer is able to subtly slide a punch. As a matter of fact, if you do make unnecessary moves, you're usually off balance and thus unable to counter punch with power. It is the same way with a QB.

I don't know, maybe RGIII should look at taking up martial arts. There is a mental aspect to MA that requires one to focus or sense their surroundings without overreacting to it.  

I'm playing with you really because I also think he was fatigued by then and that may have affected his performance at the end but your idea of "doing a lot" boils down to one PI call, a hand-off to the RB, two sacks, and a run that was short of the first down marker. Oh and two completions.

I wonder what the Griffin crowd would have said if someone else was playing QB. Not "doing a lot" I suspect!

He moved the ball 27 yards on his own (14 yards rushing, 13 passing).  He took 2 sacks, but the first was wiped out by an illegal contact, so I don't really count it, I'd have to double check the play but the illegal contact might have kept Griffin from making a pass.

That PI (assuming everything else shakes out the same) is the difference between a 1st and 10 on MINN 47, and 4th and 6 on WAS 43.  Huge difference.

I think you're going after the "Griffin crowd" too much.  I can't remember what game it was, but we had a "similar" drive, good field position, ruined by penalties, and the QB couldn't get the 1st.  That's sloppiness on the part of the rest of the team, and not so much on the QB, and at the time I think most would have recognized that.

The "Griffin" crowd would've said the same thing that they've been saying. He played well enough to win the game but didn't get it done. The defense and offensive line failed him just like they did Kirk several times but when it comes down to it he had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game and didn't come through.

He needs to improve, we all see this. He needs to get the ball out faster, he needs to limit his mistakes and he needs to see the field better. He's not a finished product but what player is at 24? Is there a chance he's not the franchise guy here? Certainly. But he has all the talent in the world and if he can develop and put it all together the Redskins will prosper because of it.

All I'm saying is to give the kid a chance. If you don't like him, that's fine, nobody is asking you to have the guy over for dinner. Instead of clamoring for the back up or killing him every time something goes wrong, let's just build the team around him and see what happens. Worse case scenario is he plays poorly but the rest of the roster ends up sound and we draft a young signal-caller to a team that doesn't need built from the ground up.

I don't like him, but he's my quarter-back so I will support him until we replace him or build a decent enough team around him to cover up his flaws. And in the meantime continue to debate those flaws.

But Taylor that's way too sensible a post for a member of the Griffin crowd :P

Sally Jenkins has a helluva quote in her latest bad article. 

“Honestly it’s not my decision,” Gruden said. “RGIII has been our quarterback for a long time since I’ve been here. He’s their guy, and I feel comfortable and confident with him back there.”

Edit: it's actually a quote from D Jax, that Sally made seem like a quote from Gruden. Insane.

Some people don't like the way that, Sally....

i hate that publicity whore. She's always misquoting, misrepresenting and missing the truth in her articles about the Redskins. She keeps **** going. She obviously got here twitter feeds mixed up. Sorry ass reporters!

You can't say RG3 needs to be evaluated without consideration of the price we paid to get him.  You can't just judge him in a vacuum like that.  A team only gets so many draft picks, so when it costs 4 of those picks to get one player, that one player had better be worth the price.  Sadly, it doesn't look like RG3 was worth the price we paid.  Of the 4 QBs taken in the first round in 2012, the Redskins have the worst record (although to be fair, Brandon Weedon's pretty much a bust, and the only reason his current team is winning is because he isn't playing).  The sad state of this team isn't all on RG3, but the fact that the rest of this team is so bad is the fault of the price we paid and the players we didn't get in order to trade up for RG3.  Look at Tannehill in Miami (currently 5-3) - he may not be a better QB than RG3, but his team is clearly better because they didn't have to give up so much more to draft him.  The fact that, in Year 3, people still can't be sure RG3 is a long-term franchise QB pretty much means he probably isn't.  Does anyone think Indy fans are debating on their message board whether Luck is a franchise QB?  Of course not. 

I can't agree with you more! We and everyone in the media is discussing whether RGIII gives us a better chance to win than a 4th round QB that is subject to multiple INT games and a QB that has not played a game in three years. That pretty much sums it up.

We've lost 4 picks, right? The average career of a player is 4 - 5 years. So technically, we've lost up to twenty years worth of talent for possibly 4 years of RG3. Let's not mention starting from scratch at that position. OMG!!!

Thread: Let's just lay the cards out. Do you believe Griffin is still our savior?

The thread is about if RG3,the quarterback, can save this franchise. Can he overcome everything to win games? Can he throw the franchise on his back (ie. Tom Brady) and win despite a bad D or bad special teams or bad calls or excessive injuries or add any other circumstance? 

The answer is a resounding no, even by his most die hard supporters. Why? Because they have to explain away his shortcomings and by definition the hero of our franchise wouldn't need them to do this. We would just be winning despite these other issues and our threads would read...RG3: Greatest Ever? or Who would you rather have in their Prime? Montana, Manning, Brady, or RG3?

If you'd like a more reasonable thread for his ability, it would be titled: RG3: Is he better than average? or RG3: Will the Defense ever be good enough to help this guy? Then you would have the positive, RG3 friendly responses. Because yes he's average to slightly better than average.

Can he be great? No one knows.

In the 3 years Griff has been here, the defense and O-line have either plateaued or gotten worse. As the saying goes, the qb gets too much credit and too much blame.  As for the people extrapolating 2 games into a whole season, pump the brakes. Team sport, defense lost the game.  Onto the next one.

Team's winning percentage when defense gives up 24 or more points (NFL average is 23.4 points per game):
1. Colin Kaerpernick -- 33% in 10 games (1 tie)
2. Andrew Luck -- 29% in 24 games 
3. Cam Newton -- 25% in 13 games (1 tie)
4. Russell Wilson -- 14% in 7 games (only win against 0-7 Bucs last year in OT at home)

Looks like the same win% as the redskins last 2 years.  And these are 4 guys with legit defenses.  I mean cmon now

This will be my final post in this thread for now, until something new pops up.

I never said I didn't like him, I actually own his authentic jersey which was purchased this offseason, not after 2012, and I have pointless RG3 t-shirts as well, and despite not being a local DC area fan have seen him play, of course it was the Atlanta loss where he got concussed, but I digress.  Just wanted to make that point, I actually criticize his play because I feel like there is no need to "worry" about where my overall stance is with him, I mean, he is 3 and whatever over the last 2 seasons in his games he's played.  Come on now.  I don't think I am being less of a fan just because I am openly criticizing a player's play and why I think it might be the case.  That is where this whole mental fragility thing comes in.  I mean, are the people defending RG3 by attacking the posters themselves worried that it's all chipping away in some weird metaphysical form at RG3's confidence?  Or, do these posts reach him somehow and then he reads it and it sort of whittles away his overall confidence and desire to be on this team? 

I'd hope not, and I'd hope if he ever saw one of my posts, or many others with very valid concerns, that it would do the opposite.  I'm sure he'd be glad that people are defending him too, but, if he doesn't acknowledge the concept that fans of his team are going to say outloud that he could improve in the pocket or bla bla bla when it's clear that it's just a factual statement, then that's where the bigger problem lies in terms of confidence, conscientiousness, acceptance, denial, etc. 

My original point about this "final drive" nonsense was not that I put the game on RG3 and his lack to deliver on the final drive personally.  It was a response to people  literally saying the eagles loss was on Cousins, not the defense, not the other 10 players on O, not ST, but Cousins, by virtue that he had the ball in his hands for the final drive and screwed it up, but then the very same people did not give RG3 the same scathing review, is beyond hypocritical, especially when these people are also openly scathing to posters themselves for disagreeing, and not to mention, falling on the right side of many of these arguments in hindsight.  

It was more about posters and their treatment to other posters only because they openly criticize RG3 for things.  I mean, even today, I can't believe how many posts there are criticizing posters and fans for being so vile towards RG3, when the actual posts in question are merely just posts saying he "doesn't have good pocket awareness" or "he needs to slide out of pressure." It's quite an interesting dynamic.

I know there are actually people that probably do take their RG3 criticism too far, or have hints of personal dislike for him, I'm not pretending they don't exist.  But I am certainly not one of those people, I'm just trying to stand my ground for myself and others who aren't "afraid" to criticize RG3 in yet another troubling redskins season.  That's all, nothing big. I also post about wanting OL drafted and wanting Haslett fired, this isn't my only "agenda" here lol. 

He needs to improve, we all see this. He needs to get the ball out faster, he needs to limit his mistakes and he needs to see the field better. He's not a finished product but what player is at 24? Is there a chance he's not the franchise guy here? Certainly. But he has all the talent in the world and if he can develop and put it all together the Redskins will prosper because of it.

All I'm saying is to give the kid a chance. If you don't like him, that's fine, nobody is asking you to have the guy over for dinner. Instead of clamoring for the back up or killing him every time something goes wrong, let's just build the team around him and see what happens. Worse case scenario is he plays poorly but the rest of the roster ends up sound and we draft a young signal-caller to a team that doesn't need built from the ground up.

When some people were crowing that Kirk Cousins was the next Drew Brees after 2 games, I said maybe but we need to see a bigger sample size.    Sample size is everything IMO with a young QB, lets give them some games.

Imagine if RG3 went 17-35 for 179 yards against the Raiders?  14-28 for 126 yards against Dallas  That's what Russell Wilson did recently. Wilson had 5 horrific games last year along these lines.  Young QB's aren't elite every game.  Heck even Andrew Luck was mediocre and lost early this season until he start taking off.   And I gather some judge RG3 primarily by how many sacks and hits he takes.  Well, Luck gets pummeled game after game -- he must really stink?

RG3 showed some good stuff in that game.  It wasn't some dramatic debacle.  He was elusive at times.  His deep ball was superb.  His completion rate decent.  And he was playing against one of the top defenses in the league who lead the league in sacks.  A defense that stopped Brees and Stafford in a much bigger way.

Any panic about that performance in his first game back to me looks like predisposition against RG3.  If that was McCoy and Cousins I really doubt people would be going that negative. 

When some people were crowing that Kirk Cousins was the next Drew Brees after 2 games, I said maybe but we need to see a bigger sample size.    Sample size is everything IMO with a young QB, lets give them some games.

Imagine if RG3 went 17-35 for 179 yards against the Raiders?  14-28 for 126 yards against Dallas  That's what Russell Wilson did recently. Wilson had 5 horrific games last year along these lines.  Young QB's are elite every game.  Heck even Andrew Luck was mediocre and lost early this season until he start taking off.   

RG3 showed some good stuff in that game.  It wasn't some dramatic debacle.  He was elusive at times.  His deep ball was superb.  His completion rate decent.  And he was playing against one of the top defenses in the league who lead the league in sacks.  A defense that stopped Brees and Stafford in a much bigger way.

Any panic about that performance in his first game back to me looks like predisposition against RG3.  If that was McCoy and Cousins I really doubt people would be going that negative. 

I don't think people expect Cousins or McCoy be that good, unless they are delusional. Both are backup at best. I hold RG3 to a much higher standard because I expect him to be great. It's troubling to see the same mistake he made in his rookie year. Game against Minnesota is a C at best. He had the ball with 2+ minutes, I expect at least a chance at field goal. If that's Cousins or McCoy I expect an interception.

This will be my final post in this thread for now, until something new pops up.

I never said I didn't like him, I actually own his authentic jersey which was purchased this offseason, not after 2012, and I have pointless RG3 t-shirts as well, and despite not being a local DC area fan have seen him play, of course it was the Atlanta loss where he got concussed, but I digress.  Just wanted to make that point, I actually criticize his play because I feel like there is no need to "worry" about where my overall stance is with him, I mean, he is 3 and whatever over the last 2 seasons in his games he's played.  Come on now.  I don't think I am being less of a fan just because I am openly criticizing a player's play and why I think it might be the case.  That is where this whole mental fragility thing comes in.  I mean, are the people defending RG3 by attacking the posters themselves worried that it's all chipping away in some weird metaphysical form at RG3's confidence?  Or, do these posts reach him somehow and then he reads it and it sort of whittles away his overall confidence and desire to be on this team? 

I'd hope not, and I'd hope if he ever saw one of my posts, or many others with very valid concerns, that it would do the opposite.  I'm sure he'd be glad that people are defending him too, but, if he doesn't acknowledge the concept that fans of his team are going to say outloud that he could improve in the pocket or bla bla bla when it's clear that it's just a factual statement, then that's where the bigger problem lies in terms of confidence, conscientiousness, acceptance, denial, etc. 

My original point about this "final drive" nonsense was not that I put the game on RG3 and his lack to deliver on the final drive personally.  It was a response to people  literally saying the eagles loss was on Cousins, not the defense, not the other 10 players on O, not ST, but Cousins, by virtue that he had the ball in his hands for the final drive and screwed it up, but then the very same people did not give RG3 the same scathing review, is beyond hypocritical, especially when these people are also openly scathing to posters themselves for disagreeing, and not to mention, falling on the right side of many of these arguments in hindsight.  

It was more about posters and their treatment to other posters only because they openly criticize RG3 for things.  I mean, even today, I can't believe how many posts there are criticizing posters and fans for being so vile towards RG3, when the actual posts in question are merely just posts saying he "doesn't have good pocket awareness" or "he needs to slide out of pressure." It's quite an interesting dynamic.

I know there are actually people that probably do take their RG3 criticism too far, or have hints of personal dislike for him, I'm not pretending they don't exist.  But I am certainly not one of those people, I'm just trying to stand my ground for myself and others who aren't "afraid" to criticize RG3 in yet another troubling redskins season.  That's all, nothing big. I also post about wanting OL drafted and wanting Haslett fired, this isn't my only "agenda" here lol. 

Let's be real. We control nothing at Redskins park. Its all talk around here.Don't worry dude. Criticizing RGIII around here is like disagreeing about religion. Anytime someone has the odesity to refer to a guy as a "savior", you best believe you're going to get blowback from anything you say negative about him. You can hate on the OL; you can hate on Haslett, you can hate on the owner; you can hate on whatever the hell you want about the Redskins - except the beloved RGIII.

Oh no. That my friend is blasphemy and you're not a real Redskins fan. Please!!! 

A real Redskins fan wants the team to win games. I can care less about being some beacon of hope for a "developing QB" while the team loses games. Some developing QBs win games. 

"Oh, he's coming along, he just needs more games"  Whatever! Win some damn games!!!!

This has nothing to do with my "feelings" about RGIII the person. I don't even know the guy! All I know is, the Redskins picked him 2nd overall in the draft. We've lost 3-4 top round picks and he has not panned out yet.  

I really think some on those on this board miss the impact of not hitting on the QB position. It is extremely bad when a team goes all in on a QB and it does work out.  

This is information from an article/study I was reading today that explains the affects of drafting the wrong QB. It is a more comprehensive article, but here is a snippet:

Over the past 10 years, teams with low QB drafting efficiency normally end up drafting more bad QBs (sound familiar?) They win just 40 percent of their games outright, and cover only 47 percent. Their average record is 64-96. That equates to an average 6-10 season. This has been the case for 10 consecutive seasons!

The Redskin average record since 2000 is ~ 6-10. This has been the case for over a 14 year period!

So excuse me for being in panic mode when I consider the possibility that the RGIII pick may cause us another 5 to 10 years of losing football.

You do realize winning games and developing your players are synonymous with one another...

If you want to have long, sustained success you need to take your lumps. We aren't going to win games starting over time and time again. At some point you have to develop the players on your roster.

I still think he is our guy.  It is no coincidence that Alfred has a good game the day RG3 comes back into the lineup for the Vikings game.  We score the most points we have scored since week 3, again because of RG3.  But our stupid defense could not stop one of the worst offenses in the league.  Griffin kept giving us the lead over and over but our defense just kept giving it back.  Total bull****, I just knew the media would **** all over the team and Griffin with this loss...so sick of this ****.

I have an idea...let's just trade up for the top 4 picks, & draft 4 QB's. Surely 1 of them will come out as good enough to beat teams by his reputation & strength of will in spite of our horrendous OL, & Defense. Seems to be what everyone is looking for. By all accounts, it seems like our defensive ineptitude is of little relevance, as is our OL, to whether or not a franchise QB can win games. So it would seem to me that this should be our singular focus, right? Amirite?

Think about how much more sane we would all be if we could just grab the 4 highest graded QB's & let them duke it out until someone comes out on top. It's fool proof, right? I mean...surely 1 of them will come out of the pack as Johnny bad ass QB with the ability to sling his guns faster than a speeding DL, & can leap atrocious defensive alotments with a single bound. There's gotta be a guy out there like that, right?

Because that's what so many of you are asking for. No...you don't have to piss rainbows & fart unicorns at Robert in order to portray sanity or even sensible QB critiques. But don't pretend that giving up on him today is in any way more rational than what i just postulated. In fact...i actually find it a sound proposition at this point...if only but to prove some points.

Unrealistic? sure. But i think the savior you're looking for is not going to find himself.

Saviour or not, he was certainly not helped by an o- line that had him hit and hard on nearly 50% of every pass attempt. I would also suggest that the play call near the end of the 1/2 with the stretch pitch to Helu on 3rd and inches hurt as well. I just keep thinking that we outthink/outcute ourselves. Gibbs would not have used Joe Washington when he had Riggins. To me, that call really killedt momentum.

He moved the ball 27 yards on his own (14 yards rushing, 13 passing).  He took 2 sacks, but the first was wiped out by an illegal contact, so I don't really count it, I'd have to double check the play but the illegal contact might have kept Griffin from making a pass.

That PI (assuming everything else shakes out the same) is the difference between a 1st and 10 on MINN 47, and 4th and 6 on WAS 43.  Huge difference.

I think you're going after the "Griffin crowd" too much.  I can't remember what game it was, but we had a "similar" drive, good field position, ruined by penalties, and the QB couldn't get the 1st.  That's sloppiness on the part of the rest of the team, and not so much on the QB, and at the time I think most would have recognized that.

I think there are two separate arguments on both sides of the RGIII discussion:

Argument 1 for RGIII - he is playing good enough and needs help from the O line. He generally can do no wrong based on the circumstances (injuries, time in games, etc.)

Argument 2 for RGIII - they think he could play better with more development and that in time he'll be a great QB.

Argument 1 against RGIII - these are people that simply criticize a particular play RGIII doesn't make in a game. They generally want him to succeed.

Argument 2 against RGIII - these are people that have seen enough and have determined that RGIII is not going to pan out.

Of course you all know where I stand. I generally fall into both arguments against RGIII. I think the two arguments for RGIII is based on excuses and speculation. But I generally want him to succeed. Not for RGIII's sake. But for the sake of the Washington Redskins, the fans and my sanity.

Saviour or not, he was certainly not helped by an o- line that had him hit and hard on nearly 50% of every pass attempt. I would also suggest that the play call near the end of the 1/2 with the stretch pitch to Helu on 3rd and inches hurt as well. I just keep thinking that we outthink/outcute ourselves. Gibbs would not have used Joe Washington when he had Riggins. To me, that call really killedt momentum.

It is entirely possible that the the playbook reflects the grasp of the offense by the QB.  Griffin is not getting as much as Cousins did.  I agree that Gruden has fallen into the trap of try to outsmart the defense rather than trying to beat them with his strengths. 

As far as pressure goes, Griffin has been sacked more than Cousins with 1/3 of the attempts.  Same offensive line.  Griffin simply does not get rid of the ball in a timely manner.

It does seem when RG3 is pressured, he goes into panic mode a bit, I do believe he has a hard time reading defenses and is slow to make a decision, I also don't think he makes pre snap adjustments based on what the defense shows him (we all saw Colt McCoy change a play at the line based on what the defense showed and was able to turn what could have been a negative play into a 1st down).  DCs put 8 in the box, not because they are afraid of RG3 running or even throwing for that matter (they also know if you shut down Alf, you basically handicap this offense), they do it because they know he hesitates and holds onto the ball too long,  There was a stat showing when he gives up his sacks, almost EVERY sack given up has been beyond 2.5 seconds.  Most QBs try and get the ball out before that.  Asking ANY OLineman to hold their blocks longer is asking for disaster.

Some things can be corrected and some are just not correctable.  We should have a pretty good idea after week 17 if he can improve.  Unfortunately, nothing has really changed in 2 years, not sure what the ultimate cause is for this but I am hoping he can improve.  Like I already stated, I think Sunday was not his best, but not his worst game either.  But when your starting QB has the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win, using what the defense did up to that point is a moot argument!  2 weeks before that, we had 2 consecutive games where the last drive was needed to win or tie the game to get into OT.  Guess what, we won BOTH those games with a different QB.

Griffin needs more gametime reps.  QBs get better slowly over time by playing more and more.  Luck's rookie year, he completed barely 50% of his passes and threw almost as many INTs as touchdowns.  he REALLY wasn't that good.  people made a big deal of his comeback drives, but he wouldn't have had to lead comeback drives if he hadn't been a turnover machine in the first place.

since then, he's thrown twice as many passes as Griffin, and has as a result grown more as a passer than Griffin has.  NFL-level QB is a position that takes LOTS of gametime repetition to master.  patience is what this fan base needs (and never ever has), and more experience is what Griffin needs. 

I wish it were possible for the media microscope to back off and just let him play football, but instead they insist on picking apart every tweet and sentence and action, inferring scandal or friction or other nonsense.  the redskins media in this town is just so freaking toxic and neurotic. 

Without a massive overhaul of the OL I doubt Robert will last long. He already tore his ACL twice and is just recovering from a dislocated ankle, he is very a talented player and deserves to shine but he's also very fragile too. I'm pessimistic because I question our ability to draft wise and well. We traded down to get Kerrigan while JJ Watt was up to grasp, we traded down again to get Murphy while Bitonio was available.

We must draft a RT and a G and make sure those two will be starters from day one of the next season.

I don't think people expect Cousins or McCoy be that good, unless they are delusional. Both are backup at best. I hold RG3 to a much higher standard because I expect him to be great. It's troubling to see the same mistake he made in his rookie year. Game against Minnesota is a C at best. He had the ball with 2+ minutes, I expect at least a chance at field goal. If that's Cousins or McCoy I expect an interception.

By most measures he was above average against a very good defense -- and in his first game back to boot.  Pretty much every QB isn't elite every game, not even Brady.  And most young QB's have some bad games as I pointed out.  Wilson in particular has had 7 horrible games in the last two years.  Why does every other QB deserve a break except our QB?

By most measures he was above average against a very good defense -- and in his first game back to boot. Pretty much every QB isn't elite every game, not even Brady. And most young QB's have some bad games as I pointed out. Wilson in particular has had 7 horrible games in the last two years. Why does every other QB deserve a break except our QB?

RGIII played quite well in his return in my opinion but he has to progress. That pass to Garçon simply cannot happen if he's going to be the franchise guy. The throw before the half, even though I don't believe it was actually an interception, cannot happen either. He has to notice these things when watching film and actually make the changes in the field. The ball has to get out quicker because we simply do not have the talent up front to allow him the time to scan the field. He needs to learn to see the field, recognize the blitz and change the play accordingly. He needs to sense pressure better and his pocket awareness needs to improve.

I love the kid. He's tough, gritty and a hell of a competitor. He's everything I've wanted in a QB for this team. But that's not to say he doesn't need to get better. There are parts of his game that need to improve. I think he's smart enough to make those improvements.

By most measures he was above average against a very good defense -- and in his first game back to boot.  Pretty much every QB isn't elite every game, not even Brady.  And most young QB's have some bad games as I pointed out.  Wilson in particular has had 7 horrible games in the last two years.  Why does every other QB deserve a break except our QB?

Saying RG3 had an average game is fair criticism, you'll noticed I'm not saying start colt/kirk or draft another QB. But RG3 needs to show progression and the ability to stay healthy. I'm willing to wait 2 more years to build a team around him.

Archived