Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets just lay the cards out. Do you believe Griffin is still our savior?

RichmondRedskin88

389 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still think Griffin is the franchise savior?

• Yes. He will overcome these injures and bring this franchise back.
    • No. The injures will be too much. He will be gone in the next few years.

My god, the hatred for the guy never ceases to amaze me.  RG3 just played "decent" after being out for seven weeks (and only his second full game in Gruden's offense) and people are ripping him for TWO bad plays?  How about we give him some more time in this offense to see what he can do before we write him off.  He might not have won us the game like everyone wishes, but he was far from the reason we lost. 

So glad some of you aren't GMs.  

The hype over Griffin is really getting out of hand.

Its ok to admit you were wrong, but we just saw a QB with a good WR group look very plain jane out there. You wanna call it rust, call it what you want, but if its rust, then it is perma-rust. He buckled just like Cousins did against Philly, but at least we put up over 30 against them. I'm not saying Cousins is faultless, but I AM saying Griffin is to blame, and that last pass sums it up. for a lot of people.

I think I need to stay away from extremeskins for awhile I am starting to think that it is more than hatred for RG3 it just starts to feel like there is something more to it than just the qb play as to why so many people hate him.....  I don't think he is great but to say that he costs us this game is just horrible in my opinion!!!!  Defense allowed touchdowns on 3 of 4 drives!!!!  But RG3 costs us the game.

Is it too much of a stretch to think he may just be an average QB that can play elite every few games?

I'm not saying that's the final verdict but it's like everyone here thinks he's either Jesus or John Beck

sorry for calling you a hater, Gloryholedays made me upset

The problem with blaming the oline is that this is the same line that played last week.  Griffin holds the ball too long, can't make his progression reads fast enough, and that is why he gets sacked so much.

In case you hadn't noticed, they weren't playing the Cowboys this week. Minnesota leads the league in sacks. They have a legit front line. Colt wouldn't have scored 10 in this game.

Its ok to admit you were wrong, but we just saw a QB with a good WR group look very plain jane out there. You wanna call it rust, call it what you want, but if its rust, then it is perma-rust. He buckled just like Cousins did against Philly, but at least we put up over 30 against them. I'm not saying Cousins is faultless, but I AM saying Griffin is to blame, and that last pass sums it up. for a lot of people.

Griffin is to blame for what? The loss? And no hype here.  I'm just tired of seeing so many people hate on a guy who just finished playing his second game of the season and as expected, had a few hiccups.  There are no excuses for that last throw.  It was a bad throw, plain and simple.  He botched it.  But to completely write him off and say its time to move in another direction after only two games in a new offense, and after a seven week hiatus recovering from an injury, is just plain stupid. 

Is it too much of a stretch to think he may just be an average QB that can play elite every few games?

I'm not saying that's the final verdict but it's like everyone here thinks he's either Jesus or John Beck

An average QB would be good enough to win us some games if we had an average O-line and average defense. Completely agree with the last statement though.....sadly. 

A franchise QB would have led the game winning drive, not choked like romoSUCKS and throw it in the dirt. I'm not sold on Griffin and won't be until he starts playing like a legit NFL QB that does leads his team to victory, whether our defense sucks or not.

Disagree. No one wins every game. Manning and Brady have plenty of failed game winning drives. RGIII played for the first time in seven weeks. People have way too high an expectation level for our young QB.

This is the most ridiculous statement that I have read!!!!  So if RG3 isn't a hero he is a bum?  I am not stating that he is great but to say that he was not better than our other qb's is what really gets me...  Colt thew a INT in the first half against DAL.  Def only gave up 17 points to a top 5 offense, but Colt is the savior.  Minn is the 4th rank DEF against the pass, 16th against the rush, 12th in points against, 9th overall and he still lead us to 26 points.   Do I think that RG3 is great NO, but this bashing of him by redskins fans is just embarrassing.  So we can't have a top 15 qb and win games we can only win if he plays like ROY 2012. So this is not a team game he will be the only reason we win or lose

Coming up short in crunch time with a horrible INT at the end of 1st half and throwing a grounder to Garcon on 4th and 6 to keep a game winning/tying drive alive certainly doesn't inspire much confidence...

Well, you might have a point if that was actually an INT. It wasn't. And the refs committed -- SURPRISE -- yet another blown review. What was even more infuriating than that bad call/review is the second half INT by Amerson that was even more obvious an interception that they called incomplete!

I swear RG3 has it worst than Obama.

Except that RG3 doesn't deserve it!

**OR**

Haslett yet again allowed an average-to-decent QB and O-line make him their ****. He seems very good at that, and no one is a better analyst at Hazmat's play-not-to-lose defenses than us! I mean, we've been stuck watching this garbage for 5 years now!

Peyton Manning or Joe Montana couldn't win with Hazmat as coordinator! WHEN WILL ME MOVE ON?!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11808434/call-start-robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-came-top

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere else, but I really hope it's not true. That Snyder and Allen forced Gruden to start him and that the rest of the team is disconnected from Griffin. If it's true that this call came from up top then good luck ever keeping a good coach here. And, no, just because Gruden says it's false doesn't mean it's false. Gruden won't admit to that. For the sake of the franchise, I really hope this was Gruden's decision and I hope that Griffin hasn't lost his teammates.

..... People have way too high an expectation level for our young QB.......

Do you expect only a First round draft pick performance?

I expect a 3 first round and a second round performance

I didn't see it

Cousins meets 4th round expectations....

Yes the defense is a mess, yes the offensive line needs to be better in pass pro, but this thread is about Griffin.

Here's my objective analysis of Griff in his first game back:

The good:

1. He has a great deep ball.  It was nice to see a QB who can hit our speedster in stride deep. Triplesticks has an arm.

2. He looks like he has his speed back.  A couple of his runs were very good.

3. He is doing a much better job sliding to avoid contact when he does run.

4. The touchdown was a dart.

5. Decent completion percentage and QB rating.

The bad:

1. He is holding the ball WAY too long.  A lot of the hits he took were his fault.  He has to get that thing out faster.  I don't know if guys aren't getting open, he isn't getting through his progressions fast enough, or what, but you simply cannot expect to have 4-5 seconds to throw in the NFL.

2. The pick at the end of the half was inexcusable.  He needs to have better awareness of the situation there.  A punt would have been fine.  That INT was probably the difference in the game.

3. He missed a few throws because he didn't set his feet.  The last throw was an obvious instance of this.  His mechanics are looking kind of iffy.

Overall it was a so-so performance for Griffin.  I think we need to try to develop him based on what we invested and the obvious physical talent, but he does need to develop if he is going to be the guy we all hoped for.

He doesn't run like a traditional running QB. Look at Russell Wilson. He runs how a running QB is supposed to run. Griffin runs like a gazelle with his zig-zagging and body contortions. That's a recipe to a major injury in the NFL.

Colt McCoy is not flashy and not a superstar. On the other hand he doesn't appear to do anything catastrophic either. He's a game manager that does what he's supposed to do and lets the stars around him make the big plays.

I say we give Griffin the rest of the season to show something. No threat to be pulled. No need to worry about getting benched. If he improves then great for us. If he still looks like a slow running QB that makes bad mistakes and has occasional flashes of brilliance then we need to open that position back up for grabs and maybe bring in a vet to push McCoy and Griffin. Forget Cousins, I think he's ruined.

We have to give him the rest of the season to be able to evaluate him correctly.

RG3 has led 4 4th quarter game winning TD drives, so to say he's not a "winner" and that he's a "choker" is a little silly.

He would have had his 5th today if the D could have made even two stops in the 4th quarter.

It's a little insane the handicap RG3 has to work with.

That 4th down pass was terrible. That wasn't due to rust. Rust should show up early and on difficult throws, not late in the game when he's been throwing the ball pretty well for majority of the game (outside of the pick, he made good throws, no rust). He needed to make that completion to Garcon but he threw the ball at the ground instead of leading his open receiver for a 6 yard gain. 

His pocket awareness is lacking. We'll see how he rebounds against Bucs. 

This survey has RG3 as either the savior or a complete bust.  I don't know how anyone could say he's the savior of the franchise.  The rose is off the bloom.  It's time for him to prove himself. We will find out over the remainder of the season.  I'm hoping he will improve.  If not, at least we will know that the Skins shouldn't give him a mega QB contract.

I don't know why many pro RG3 fans don't seem to understand why RG3 is held to a higher standard than Colt McCoy or Kirk Cousins.  The Skins gave the crown jewels up for this guy.  If he just plays as well as Colt or Kirk then the investment is an epic bust.  Probably the biggest bust in NFL history.   

My god, the hatred for the guy never ceases to amaze me.  RG3 just played "decent" after being out for seven weeks (and only his second full game in Gruden's offense) and people are ripping him for TWO bad plays?  How about we give him some more time in this offense to see what he can do before we write him off.  He might not have won us the game like everyone wishes, but he was far from the reason we lost. 

So glad some of you aren't GMs.

I both agree and disagree with you here. How's that? Today he did ok. But he threw an inexplicable interception and failed to come through with the game on the line just like........wait for it..............Kirk. Who has been relegated to nice guy back up status for the rest of his career for equally ok play. I like Robert. I'm for him. My only problem with Robert is that we can get the same production and success level with our 4th rounder or our 3rd stringer playing as we can with him. Different strengths, different weaknesses, same outcome. My fantasy with Robert is over, he is just a guy that can be ok.

Didn't answer right away in this thread, I wanted to really think about this. Yes I said a few nasty things in the game thread and its not secret I have never been comfortable with RGIII since that the playoff game which he IMO at least put himself above the team.

So my answer is this. Lets forget about the fact that he had a couple of bad plays today, we all know the D lost this game for us. The amount of hits he took because he holds the ball way too long, I just don't think he is a QB that can last a season. I saw this clearly today, this guy will be hurt again, probably this year and even if he isn't in a couple of years his body will be that of a player much older.

And let me add one more thing. He has lost a step if not 3. This is not the Bob 3 we saw in 2012, he is slower for sure. And with more hits he will be even slower. if he can't transition to a pocket passer of some shorts then he will not get better.

Archived