Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets just lay the cards out. Do you believe Griffin is still our savior?

RichmondRedskin88

389 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still think Griffin is the franchise savior?

• Yes. He will overcome these injures and bring this franchise back.
    • No. The injures will be too much. He will be gone in the next few years.

Ahhh it's funny listening to the RG3 excuses.  Loses can be on Kirk, special teams, the defense, but never on our precise little RG3.  I'm done with the RG3 wagon, the guy is flat out average on his best day.  I'm sick and tired of the excuses all the time for him.  Guy cannot read a defense and is completely incapable of reading a blitz, stepping up in the pocket, moving around in the pocket, ect.  This loss is on him as much as it is our defense.  Winners march the team down the field to win games....he doesn't.  Whether your defense lets a late TD happen or not, the offenses job is to score touchdowns.  Teams that win have QBs who can get the job done when it matters if the defense can't make a stop.  It's not like RG3 had 20 seconds left to drive 80 yards.....dude had PLENTY of time.

I'll touch on another aspect as well.  This team plays with so much more fire and heart when anyone else is playing not named RG3.  Taking away last year in the final games for Kirk (our team was already in shut down mode), this team tries 5x harder when Kirk or Colt is playing.  It seemed they gave up on Kirk rather quickly, but this team played with fire when Colt started.  The comradery on the sidelines between offense/defense, everything was fire.  Coaches were on fire, players were fired up in the game, everything.  I saw no fire today.  I understand it's Dallas but this isn't the first time I've seen a change in demeanor when RG3 plays,

Ahhh it's funny listening to the RG3 excuses.  Loses can be on Kirk, special teams, the defense, but never on our precise little RG3.  I'm done with the RG3 wagon, the guy is flat out average on his best day.  I'm sick and tired of the excuses all the time for him.  Guy cannot read a defense and is completely incapable of reading a blitz, stepping up in the pocket, moving around in the pocket, ect.  This loss is on him as much as it is our defense.  Winners march the team down the field to win games....he doesn't.  Whether your defense lets a late TD happen or not, the offenses job is to score touchdowns.  Teams that win have QBs who can get the job done when it matters if the defense can't make a stop.  It's not like RG3 had 20 seconds left to drive 80 yards.....dude had PLENTY of time.

I'll touch on another aspect as well.  This team plays with so much more fire and heart when anyone else is playing not named RG3.  Taking away last year in the final games for Kirk (our team was already in shut down mode), this team tries 5x harder when Kirk or Colt is playing.  It seemed they gave up on Kirk rather quickly, but this team played with fire when Colt started.  The comradery on the sidelines between offense/defense, everything was fire.  Coaches were on fire, players were fired up in the game, everything.  I saw no fire today.  I understand it's Dallas but this isn't the first time I've seen a change in demeanor when RG3 plays,

so, heres a question: what would you say the reason is for why there seems to be a change in demeanor when RG3 plays? do you think its cause players hate him? or what? interested to see what you think the reason could be.

Does any other QB hold onto the ball as long as he does & get taken down so awkwardly on sacks? He was hit low early in the game & was bent down so awkwardly it was sad to see. He's very brittle & the way he plays you can almost another injury sooner than later. The Skins missed on the guy. Just need to look to find a QB in the draft. But it won't matter with Snyder/Allen calling the shots.

Time to realize that RG3 is what he is. There is no Drew brees type awakeing to be had here. RG3 is in his third year and still can't read a defense; still holds onto the ball to long taking sacks which kills our drives. RG3 is behind his peers in becoming a quality NFL franchise QB. Wilson is slighty better and Luck is light years ahead. It's time to see whats coming out of college in the next 3 years at the QB position so we can put ourselves in a position to draft a franchise QB.

The future of RG3 with the Washington Redskins will more than likely be decided in the last 7 weeks.

I don't believe the decision is going to be based solely on wins or losses but the progression of Robert as a QB.

RG3 did well today.. There was good / great / bad / and finally ugly everything you would expect from a first game back after a lengthy injury layoff.  But  improvement will have to be made to warrant a second contract at a high number and years.

There is no statistical proof of this and it is just plain bull**** to throw out some random claim that you want to make up.  

There's no argument about his physical talent.  But it takes so much more than just physical talent to excel as a qb in the NFL.

My biggest concern is pocket presence.  Dudes does not sense pressure.   Holds the ball way too long. Takes way too many sacks.  This has been a problem the last two years.  He doesn't play fast enough.   He plays way to hit or miss.   Nothing.  Nothing.  Big Play.  Nothing.  Big Play.   Needs better consistency.  Perhaps it will come in the last seven games.

I think Kirk in four and half games took seven sacks.   Robert took six in one game.  He plays frantic. Always seems hurried.  Whereas Bridgewater plays with a lot of composure.  Feels pressure.  Was more elusive.  

Me, I would take Teddy over Robert.  But, that's me.  Call me crazy, but I would.  I think he is going to be good.

Man, that last run before the last play of the game.  Dude was laboring to runn.

We will see.  

Wow this is a freaking game! Entertainment-a diversion from the hardships of real life. But the negativity surrounding every aspect of this tainted franchise has taken the joy out of what should be fun. And the anger and vitriol that some spew onto Robert Griffin stinks of racism-oh no that can't be the term "redskin" isn't racist you'll say. To the guilty, find another diversion and spew your negativity elsewhere-'thank you!

for all the RG3 haters...did you watch the game?

I thought RG3 played at a B+ level all things considering.....his first 4 drives of the game were SENSATIONAL....was it his fault that Helu got stuffed on 3rd and 1 from midfield on the 3rd possesion?    was it his fault that Morris dropped a screen pass and then Garcon dropped a beautifully thrown bomb on the 4th possesion?

I thought Robert was very good in the 2nd half as well.

Did he take a few unnecessary sacks?  yes....is he constantly under pressure?  yes?    our o-line consistently gets shoved back into the QB's lap.  our RB's & TE's can't block

I will agree that he doesn't have his full explosiveness back and he def. looked tired on the last drive.

I thought RG3 played at a B+ level all things considering.....his first 4 drives of the game were SENSATIONAL....was it his fault that Helu got stuffed on 3rd and 1 from midfield on the 3rd possesion? was it his fault that Morris dropped a screen pass and then Garcon dropped a beautifully thrown bomb on the 4th possesion?

Did he take a few unnecessary sacks? yes....is he constantly under pressure? yes? our o-line consistently gets shoved back into the QB's lap. our RB's & TE's can't block

I will agree that he doesn't have his full explosiveness back and he def. looked tired on the last drive.

did he throw a pick deep in our territory with the lead with only 59 seconds left before the half that set up the Vikings to score and change the tone of the game ..oops guess you forgot that one or how he couldn't lead the team down the field and get the win with 2minutes and something left in 4th quarter. Oops. ..not to bright are ya!!!

There is no statistical proof of this and it is just plain bull**** to throw out some random claim that you want to make up.  

Sure it does....simply watching the demeanor of RG3 vs other QBs and teammates allows anyone to make an OPINION. This forum is about opinions otherwise nobody would be posting on here.  I'm guessing when something happens with the Redskins you just use facts and statistical proof right?  My opinion is that the claims that he isn't very liked by teammates is looking more and more everyday that it quite possibly could be true.  I didn't say it was fact, it was simply an observation of watching the surroundings when RG3 is losing

I thought RG3 played at a B+ level all things considering.....his first 4 drives of the game were SENSATIONAL....was it his fault that Helu got stuffed on 3rd and 1 from midfield on the 3rd possesion?    was it his fault that Morris dropped a screen pass and then Garcon dropped a beautifully thrown bomb on the 4th possesion?

Did he take a few unnecessary sacks?  yes....is he constantly under pressure?  yes?    our o-line consistently gets shoved back into the QB's lap.  our RB's & TE's can't block

He puts himself in the position of constantly being under pressure.  Colt was playing with the same Oline who got pushed back.  The difference, he actually moves around in the pocket and steps up.  In order for RG3 to be successful we are going to have to build a MONSTER oline that will leave him with many seconds sitting in the pocket.

did he throw a pick deep in our territory with the lead with only 59 seconds left before the half that set up the Vikings to score and change the tone of the game ..oops guess you forgot that one or how he couldn't lead the team down the field and get the win with 2minutes and something left in 4th quarter. Oops. ..not to bright are ya!!!

Is this serious?  Step your game up, bro.

I will say this, all you so-called Redskins "fans" (and I do use that term lightly), your constant whining and ****ing sitting on your couch cursing this guy out, that's really gonna make a difference. 

I hope some of you have the balls to man up when he proves you wrong, but judging from what i've seen here, I doubt your pride allows that.

Congrats, you guys are the real winners in my book.

I will say this, all you so-called Redskins "fans" (and I do use that term lightly), your constant whining and ****ing sitting on your couch cursing this guy out, that's really gonna make a difference. 

I hope some of you have the balls to man up when he proves you wrong, but judging from what i've seen here, I doubt your pride allows that.

Congrats, you guys are the real winners in my book.

Most of us are just sick of hearing the excuse after excuse after excuse on why we lost.  Don't worry, next year we will roll with our savior and make sure we blame everyone else every single game except RG3.

yea, you're real bright....of course the INT was bad...as was the 4th down throw.....that's why he got a B+ and not an A.

He led us to 26 points on the road against a good defense...could have been more with some help.

Sure it does....simply watching the demeanor of RG3 vs other QBs and teammates allows anyone to make an OPINION. This forum is about opinions otherwise nobody would be posting on here.  I'm guessing when something happens with the Redskins you just use facts and statistical proof right?  My opinion is that the claims that he isn't very liked by teammates is looking more and more everyday that it quite possibly could be true.  I didn't say it was fact, it was simply an observation of watching the surroundings when RG3 is losing

He puts himself in the position of constantly being under pressure.  Colt was playing with the same Oline who got pushed back.  The difference, he actually moves around in the pocket and steps up.  In order for RG3 to be successful we are going to have to build a MONSTER oline that will leave him with many seconds sitting in the pocket.

so it's his fault that the o-line get shoved in his lap and that Helu can't block to save his life?    Colt played against a much weaker defense.   

It's a lazy opinion.  You are saying that the players don't try as hard when RGIII is playing QB and there is nothing that can back that up.  RGIII put up 26 points against a defense that is heads and shoulders above the Cowboys defense.  Did he make some mistakes?  Of course he did.  But the offense played much better than it did six days ago against a better defense.  This game was mostly on the defense and I doubt the defense is blowing assignments because RGIII is the QB.

yea, you're real bright....of course the INT was bad...as was the 4th down throw.....that's why he got a B+ and not an A.

He led us to 26 points on the road against a good defense...could have been more with some help.

so it's his fault that the o-line get shoved in his lap and that Helu can't block to save his life?    Colt played against a much weaker defense.   

Are you paying attention to what anyone is saying?  He holds onto the ball WAY TOOO LONG.  He can't read blitzes.  He can't read a defense.  He can't step up in the pocket.  Stop blaming the oline when your holding onto the ball for 5-6 seconds and you get sacked.  Good QBs find ways to win games.  He led us to 26 points which wasn't enough to win the game.  He had plenty of time at the end of the game to get a TD JUST LIKE Teddy Bridge did.

Most of us are just sick of hearing the excuse after excuse after excuse on why we lost.  Don't worry, next year we will roll with our savior and make sure we blame everyone else every single game except RG3.

Most will blame RG3 for losses long after he leaves, why? Because it's easier to just follow what everyone else does than do the work yourself.

The team lost today because the defense gave up 4 touchdowns in the second half of the game. If it makes it simpler for you to blame 1 single person out of 53 in a team game as to why we lost, then so be it, but to me that's just lazy. You want to say RG3 didn't make it happen on the last drive? Fine. But I'll say the entire defense, all 11 positions didn't make it happen on the last FOUR drives. 

lazy

Are you paying attention to what anyone is saying?  He holds onto the ball WAY TOOO LONG.  He can't read blitzes.  He can't read a defense.  He can't step up in the pocket.  Stop blaming the oline when your holding onto the ball for 5-6 seconds and you get sacked.  Good QBs find ways to win games.  He led us to 26 points which wasn't enough to win the game.  He had plenty of time at the end of the game to get a TD JUST LIKE Teddy Bridge did.

I guarantee he didn't have receivers ten yards in the clear of defenders at the end. Don't compare what Bridgewater did against a broken down defense to what RG3 did against a solid one. There's little doubt that almost all of the starting QBs would have turned those busted coverages into points.

5-6 seconds? Maybe once or twice, and I remember one where he turned it into a spectacular 3rd down. You seem to find solace in basing your negative opinions on 1 or 2 rough plays while ignoring the good ones.

Most of us are just sick of hearing the excuse after excuse after excuse on why we lost. Don't worry, next year we will roll with our savior and make sure we blame everyone else every single game except RG3.

Nope, the Sharks, not unlike yourself will pray on every little mishap he has and blast him to all hell for it. The lot of you made excuses week after week for Kirk and he was awful.

RGIII hasn't played since week 2 and put up 26 points against the leagues second best pass rush and a top 10 defense. He was responsible for moving the ball up and down the field while our defense gave an offense that averages 17 points a game drive after drive. A bunch of you made up your mind about RGIII long ago and no matter what he does you'll find some thing to nitpick about him. The kid could throw for 400 yards and 4 tds and you guys would still find a reason to **** about him.

I'm so uninterested in drafting another young QB. I don't want to see Mariota, Winston or Petty get chewed up and spit out by this hapless fanbase. This fanbase has no idea what it takes to develop a young passer. Watching Kap struggle and not get destroyed by his fanbase is refreshing. At least some people get it. Maybe one day Redskins fans will....

How anyone can watch this game and say he can't read a defense or won't throw to a guy unless he is wide open is beyond me. Just empty blanket hate statements not backed up by any fact or film.

Criticism is fine when it's valid and there is valid criticism and concerns with Griffin but that's not other.

Dang I remember 3 times off the top of my head where Griffin saw the blitz and changed the play or protection at the line but yeah according to multiple posts on here, he is incapable of it

Nope, the Sharks, not unlike yourself will pray on every little mishap he has and blast him to all hell for it. The lot of you made excuses week after week for Kirk and he was awful.

RGIII hasn't played since week 2 and put up 26 points against the leagues second best pass rush and a top 10 defense. He was responsible for moving the ball up and down the field while our defense gave an offense that averages 17 points a game drive after drive. A bunch of you made up your mind about RGIII long ago and no matter what he does you'll find some thing to nitpick about him. The kid could throw for 400 yards and 4 tds and you guys would still find a reason to **** about him.

I'm so uninterested in drafting another young QB. I don't want to see Mariota, Winston or Petty get chewed up and spit out by this hapless fanbase. This fanbase has no idea what it takes to develop a young passer. Watching Kap struggle and not get destroyed by his fanbase is refreshing. At least some people get it. Maybe one day Redskins fans will....

Yeah except I actually can't remember the last time RG3 even passed for 3 tds or let alone 400 yards.  Here is the difference, other QB's, you know good QBs have thrown for 400 yards and 4tds in games.  In fact, many good QBs consistently throw for 350 yards and 2-3 TDs.  I'm not certain the last time RG3 had a 3 TD game let alone even passing for 300 yards.  Always excuse after excuse after excuse with him from this fan base.  Don't worry Teddy Bridge, if the Vikings are anything like our fan base, he should 5 years to see if hes the starting QB or not.

For the record, Kap can be cut after this year if they don't feel he is getting the job done.  He is struggling therefore the 49ers have the option to part ways with him at the end of the year.  I'm not certain RG3 will be accepting of that type of contract cause his image is alot more than Kaps is.

Archived