Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets just lay the cards out. Do you believe Griffin is still our savior?

RichmondRedskin88

389 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still think Griffin is the franchise savior?

• Yes. He will overcome these injures and bring this franchise back.
    • No. The injures will be too much. He will be gone in the next few years.

Would our savior be able to complete a 6 yard pass with the game on the line?

Would our savior be able to win a game sometime within a year, mainly by staying healthy?

I see some things I like but I also see an awkwardness with his play that is hard to quantify.

Unfortunately, and as much as I want to say yes, my answer is no. My gut tells me he's not lasting in DC. I honestly don't think he's going to have that wow factor from 2012 ever again, regardless of the line or the players around. I'm not sure if this is stemming from the injury or he's just another top-3 pick dud, but regardless it's the same end. 

He no longer has the speed of his rookie season. Hell, Luck is a better running QB than Griffin right now. That stupid leg brace gave him the ultimate excuse. At times he looks brilliant. But more times than not, he looks very average, and even horrible at times. I don't want to ride this massive excuse train that Jason Campbell got here 5-6 years ago. Griffin now has about 30 games under his belt so he's no longer a rookie. I say give him the rest of the season. The offense is his and let him build his resume.

He played well, but choked at the end. Held on the ball too long several times and made a few bad throws. 

He's a decent QB against a bad team like the Vikings (but still choked when it mattered) but he's below average against good teams. Our defense was terrible, but he had a chance at a game winning drive and he gets sacked, makes a bad throw. The rest of our crappy team did not help him at all tho. 

Using terms like Savior and Black Jesus sets him up for failure.  Dude kneels and prays to God and we compare him to Godly figures of course he will fail against the unrealistic measuring sticks used for him. 

Agreed, but let's compare him to an NFL QB. Not up to par yet, but being a third year QB, he's running out of time. Oddly, Morris plays better with Griffin playing

In less than 2 years, I am done with Robert "Gumby" Griffin.  I am convinced he will never be healthy for an entire season.  You ever notice how he takes hits??..he literally has no body control...legs flying, he looks like a contortionist except in bad way.  That's why he gets hurt.  Remember how he got hurt his rookie year against the Ravens?  He is like a plastic gumby.

With that all said, he doesn't have an amazing arm, he can't read the defense quick enough, he is just an above average "running qb".  McCoy in 2 games has a completion percentage above 80%, didn't get sacked, and made the plays when necessary.  RG plays and the Vikings look like a defense from the 70's sacking RG what 5 times today?  Ridiculous.  

After watching him play today I still think he has the potential to be great. He was rusty, no doubt, but considering the quality of oline in front of him, I thought he was good.

The problem with blaming the oline is that this is the same line that played last week.  Griffin holds the ball too long, can't make his progression reads fast enough, and that is why he gets sacked so much.

In less than 2 years, I am done with Robert "Gumby" Griffin.  I am convinced he will never be healthy for an entire season.  You ever notice how he takes hits??..he literally has no body control...legs flying, he looks like a contortionist except in bad way.  That's why he gets hurt.  Remember how he got hurt his rookie year against the Ravens?  He is like a plastic gumby.

With that all said, he doesn't have an amazing arm, he can't read the defense quick enough, he is just an above average "running qb".  McCoy in 2 games has a completion percentage above 80%, didn't get sacked, and made the plays when necessary.  RG plays and the Vikings look like a defense from the 70's sacking RG what 5 times today?  Ridiculous.  

Only 2 of those sacks came from Griffin holding onto the ball. He also put 26 points up again the Vikings defense, too bad our defense sucks.

I say we get a 2nd mortgage on the future and ignore all the other GLARING deficiencies this team has for the next 4 years.  Let's trade all our draft picks again and pick up another QB because that's a smart move.  How about you build up around RG3?  Give him an offensive line.  Give him consistency on the offensive line.  Give him play makers on offense outside of Jackson.  Let's fire the DC and get a real coordinator who has a ****ing clue.  Let's get some help in the secondary and possible linebacker.  How about we draft an offensive linemen in the first round for the first time in 10 years (ballpark guess).

Yes, I believe in RG3.  He needs time to develop in Gruden's system.  I do not have the utmost confidence in Bruce Allen however.  Anyone who ****s together nearly the same staff that was in Tampa Bay needs their head examined.  Anyway, RG3 just needs to make faster decisions with the football.  Once he gets that down, which takes repetition, he'll be really good.  The franchise can win and move forward with him as the starter.

I am convinced he will never be healthy for an entire season.  You ever notice how he takes hits??..he literally has no body control...legs flying, he looks like a contortionist except in bad way.  That's why he gets hurt.  Remember how he got hurt his rookie year against the Ravens?  He is like a plastic gumby.

He doesn't run like a traditional running QB. Look at Russell Wilson. He runs how a running QB is supposed to run. Griffin runs like a gazelle with his zig-zagging and body contortions. That's a recipe to a major injury in the NFL.

Colt McCoy is not flashy and not a superstar. On the other hand he doesn't appear to do anything catastrophic either. He's a game manager that does what he's supposed to do and lets the stars around him make the big plays.

I say we give Griffin the rest of the season to show something. No threat to be pulled. No need to worry about getting benched. If he improves then great for us. If he still looks like a slow running QB that makes bad mistakes and has occasional flashes of brilliance then we need to open that position back up for grabs and maybe bring in a vet to push McCoy and Griffin. Forget Cousins, I think he's ruined.

I figured it right.  Typical response from most fans.  RG3 plays well all day, gets no help from a Haslett defense.  Dropped passes, no blocking, but its all Griffin's fault.  Ye he missed the 4th down and a couple of throws but he played well against a good Vikings defense.

Hilarious.  No he won't make it here.  Fans want friggin Colt McCoy.  I'M behind you Robert.  HTTR!!!

He doesn't run like a traditional running QB. Look at Russell Wilson. He runs how a running QB is supposed to run. Griffin runs like a gazelle with his zig-zagging and body contortions. That's a recipe to a major injury in the NFL.

Colt McCoy is not flashy and not a superstar. On the other hand he doesn't appear to do anything catastrophic either. He's a game manager that does what he's supposed to do and lets the stars around him make the big plays.

I say we give Griffin the rest of the season to show something. No threat to be pulled. No need to worry about getting benched. If he improves then great for us. If he still looks like a slow running QB that makes bad mistakes and has occasional flashes of brilliance then we need to open that position back up for grabs and maybe bring in a vet to push McCoy and Griffin. Forget Cousins, I think he's ruined.

Hard to disagree with anything you said here.  Griffin does run like a baby giraffe or something.  Limbs flailing all over the place.  I cringe now when he takes off.

Colt is the Trent Dilfer of this team.  He won't win games all by himself and he may not lose them either.

Griffin needs to play from here on out. Every.Single.Play.  The franchise needs to see what he has to offer and if he can excel in the offense Gruden wants to run.

RG III has to be the savior of this franchise as they mortgaged their future to get him.  If he is anything less than a decade plus Pro Bowl level QB then it will set this franchise back again.

Coming up short in crunch time with a horrible INT at the end of 1st half and throwing a grounder to Garcon on 4th and 6 to keep a game winning/tying drive alive certainly doesn't inspire much confidence...

As long as Robert Griffin III is the quarterback of the Redskins they will be a losing franchise. He lacks whatever it is that makes a physically talented qb successful in the NFL. Accuracy, pocket awareness, situational awareness, and the ability to read defenses are all sub par with Griffin.

You can blame this loss on the D, they are an easy enough target and haslett legitimately needs to go along with Orakpo, but every time griffin has the ball in his hands on a final drive when we need a score to tie or win smart money is on him getting sacked, missing an open receiver by an obscene amount, fumbling, or throwing a pick. It's almost a absolute lock.

Blame the scrubs on the line all you want, they certainly deserve it as well but griffin's inability to be effective is his own fault.

Book mark this, write it down, take a screen shot. If I am wrong, and I REALLY hope I am, you can come back and force feed me crow every time you see my name next to a post. If I am wrong design whatever horrible sig you want and give me the avatar with my head up my ass. I'll deserve it. But at this point all but the most delusional know that I am right. We gambled on our future trading for him and came up bust. Argue about it if you want, sadly you will look back at this period in roughly 2 years and remember sadly how you valiantly defended griffin only to be shown the people you called "haters" were right.

I realize this puts me squarely in the "griffin haters" camp. I didn't want to be labeled as such. I do my best to try to be as even-keeled as possible but the book is written on griffin. 

I don't know how it will go for Gruden. If it's true Snyder or Allen made him start Griffin today then that doesn't bode well. We will probably be looking for another coach after next season.

The Skins need to seriously address the line, on both sides of the ball. It's going to be an issue even if we manage to get Aaron Rodgers twin in here. We need to start investing in our future QB's health and starting with the line before we draft him would be an incredibly smart move.

This team needs an identity. It doesn't have one. It's not explosive, it's not tough. We aren't a defensive team. We aren't an offensive team. We aren't a balanced team. We aren't a smart team or a lucky team. The only thing you can call this team is "loser."

Our offensive stats might look ok as long as you ignore points scored and wins. Our defensive stats look ok for the first 4 games of a season right up until teams figure out the one change haslett made for the entire year and start running up the score one them.

But whichever way we go, Griffin needs to go first.

Archived