Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FB: RG3 Speaks Out

PigskinRedskin

PayMe Manning won that ring againist Grossman, i still count him as ringless

This is probably the dumbest, most stupid, juvenile, ignorant, backwoods, ass-backwards post or comment ever posted on this site in its 15 year history.  And, that is truly saying something.  And, it has nothing to do with the poster not even knowing how to spell "against."

I still don't get all of the scrutiny and hate RG3 gets.  He seems like a good kid.  He's a hard worker and a competitor.  I'll take that on my team any day of the week. 

I've come to realize that for watever reason, the Redskins have become one of the most hated franchises in sports.  And RG3 is under a constant microscope.

The media doesn't always reflect what real fans think & feel.  Uninformed, fairweeahter fans listen to the media and then harass RG3 to the point where if I were him, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown.  It's sad.

We start winning again, and he'll be hailed as a savior.  Ahh...sometimes it's so funny being a Redskins fan.

Our fanbase really ain't that great.

I used to think it was.  But it's really not.  So many fairweather fans.  They pile on when we win the division, and we take a step back and they are ready to crucify the kid.

I still don't get all of the scrutiny and hate RG3 gets. He seems like a good kid. He's a hard worker and a competitor. I'll take that on my team any day of the week.

I've come to realize that for watever reason, the Redskins have become one of the most hated franchises in sports. And RG3 is under a constant microscope.

The media doesn't always reflect what real fans think & feel. Uninformed, fairweeahter fans listen to the media and then harass RG3 to the point where if I were him, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown. It's sad.

We start winning again, and he'll be hailed as a savior. Ahh...sometimes it's so funny being a Redskins fan.

The Redskins continually portrayed as a "bad" team in the media and whenever we're losing or there's a chance to take a snap at the team and organization, media will jump on it. It's almost a gaurantee it will get attention.

You put Robert Griffin III's name on the headline of an article, guaranteed hits. He's a big name in a big Markey and it drives attention, and the purpose for many writers is readers.

He's young, smart and comes from a discipline household, he will be fine, as for the fans, it seems like they're are more distraught then him.

Also, this appears to be the response from the original poster:

My sincere thanks for taking the time to answer my post. (I have read so much in the Press and Social Media that I no longer know what is the truth and what is simply a "ploy" to increase income for the source of speculation and rumors at it's best.) My respect level just went up a notch for you. Like yourself, we both want to see this TEAM get turned around and back on top of the NFC East. TEAM Work will do this. Once again, thank you for your response and what appeared to be a negative has turned into a positive for look at the numerous replies and the support of the Fans that you have. Hailing to the Redskins and looking forward to a winning Season in 2014! Sending my best wishes for success to You and this TEAM in the New Year that is upon us now! Peace to You from Me.

It seems as though it was quite effective his response. No need to blast the kid for replying.

This post should have ended the thread. Ask yourselves why it didn't.

Our fanbase really ain't that great.

If we're talking large percentages as I assume, people really ain't all that great. :huh:  :lol: 

You may notice that people populating any demographic still leaves us with the same bottom line.  :wacko: 

It's bioevodevelopmento physics.  ^_^ 

And if I'm any example, jeez louise, it's often just a mess you try to survive.  :P

RGIII has shown nothing but class during the character assassination reports. I have no problem with his response on Facebook. Enough is enough, the guy has worked hard and deserves to be left alone. Has he made mistakes? Sure but he's a good kid and deserves our support.

I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves the team after year four, we really do have the worst fanbase in the league.

This post should have ended the thread. Ask yourselves why it didn't.

Yeah, she replied once again on Facebook merely stating that she's from upstate NY where she only sees the negative articles more so often and just was asking if there was any truth.

Robert replied in a formal and polite fashion, and she responded saying thanks. That's the jist of the story but now I see everyone is picking it up.

I might have to become my own writer and begin to write non-bias articles, sheesh!

Everyone will have input and as fans, we want success but raging on Robert for replying is a little much. It's 2014, everyone has access, he's on vacation.

Get real...most of you were not around when Billy Kilmer was getting criticized  for his "wounded Ducks" and Drinking/Partying" or Joey T for HIS Mouth..especially after Rocket Screen and TOO MANY INTERVIEWS..or Shrader with his flinching after he had his bell rung and never got the nerve back...Guys like me have been REDSKIN FANS for over 35 Years regardless of where we lived (even in Dallas for 5 years) .It gets "old" to hear all the RAH-RAH crown putting down Skins fans as fair weather fans. Talk after YOU watch the team after 30+ years. There is FAIR criticism on EVERYONE on the Team this year..no different than any other POOR year. Training Camp was a CIRCUS….IT effected the TEAM and chemistry. NOW..tell me WHO does not have blame in THAT…some people assign more blame on specific players..but TELL ME WHO THINKS RG3 is absolved from ANY accountability. I applaud Moss (who has been my FAVORITE Player in these BAD Times) for saying..Be a MAN..accept *Some* Blame (Not all) and I like Gruden saying “take accountability for some of those throws”..So is Moss and Gruden Haters? Like I said..get real.

I never thought he did that many commercials to begin with.  A few for Adidas and Subway stand out, but who else does he do national commercials for?  And it's not like he's shooting movies for weeks on end, you can do a commercial in a day.   I never thought the commercials were a big deal in terms of time expended doing them.  They were just on every other minute, which isn't his fault.  It just makes it look like he's doing a million of them.

He was wise to leave out the documentary though.  Now that's an attention move.  More people griped about that than the stupid sleeve, which he spent a whole paragraph on.  I've never heard anybody make a big deal of that.  But maybe he's hearing it personally.  Which I can kinda believe given how much angst people spend over uniforms and apparel.  Every week it's angst over the pants or it used to be people worrying about Portis wearing different color shoes.  I think back on that like, really, that's what your concerned about?  lol

When people criticize you, you need to address them. When you feel the need to address them,  you create a Facebook post.  When people read the Facebook post it opens a can of worms.  Don't open a can of worms.  

can-of-worms.png

The irony is not lost on me that Griffin said in his post that he would prefer for his every move to NOT be a national media story, and now there are multiple national stories about that facebook post. Was it a cry for attention, an “RGMe” thing for him to do? No. He was responded to a very specific post on his facebook wall. It was a well articulated and logical response, and it dealt with a lot of the narratives that have been spun about Griffin this year.

To the folks here that like to buy into the narratives that he’s an attention whore, a “me-first” kind of guy, etc:

Word of advice- don’t try to change the guy. When he came into the league last year people were in love with him because he was an honest, straightforward, articulate, and personable athlete at the most marketable position in sports. Why do we now hate him for being the exact same person? It’s because of media oversaturation. Burnt out on Griffin. He doesn’t seek the attention, he just gets it. Got a problem with it? Blame the media, not Griffin.

And you know what, you don’t HAVE to pay attention to everything that is out there. You can ignore it and choose to view Griffin for who he is: the exact same honest, straightforward, articulate, and personable athlete he was during his rookie season. It’s not that hard, just don’t buy the bull****. 

I don't think anyone said that RG3 has no right to post on Twitter or Facebook.  What was said, without going into detail, was that it simply gives the media and his detractors more ammunition with which to attack him further.  They want to dissect every thing he posts and spin it to sell more papers or get into his head.  Basically, for his own metal well being, he would be wise to not rise to the bait and feel the need to win a war of words with someone else.  In this case, it looks like an honest question about his sleeve and not an attempt for a gotcha moment, but his response seems very defensive, so you wonder if it's getting to him.

It took me many years to learn that arguing with someone over something stupid is a waste of time and needlessly higher blood pressure.  Doesn't the team have someone to counsel him about crap like social media and how to avoid scenarios like this?

Even the people who are suggesting that he give up Facebook, or somehow limit fan participation, are hoping that he becomes the QB that we all thought he could become when he was drafted.

LOL. He just can't help himself. Can he?

There just isn't any need for him to do these things because whether or not in the grand scheme of things it's an issue........it's an issue.

Again Robert. Just go into the offseason and perfect your craft and simply just STFU. I don't see any other QB's doing these things. Sheesh.

While I personally have no probelms with what he said, why did he even have to say anything in the first place? Attention/drama follows this guy, and while his intentions may have been innocent, sometimes I feel as though he'd be better served by staying quiet.  Anyone w/ 1/3 of a brain would know those things without him going through a long winded explanation. 

Got your back Robert.  We believe in you champ. This is what we should be posting. Positive reinforcement goes a long way with a 23 year old young man. Lets try as a fan base to instill confidence in our franchise super star QB. RG3 should not be criticized for being so personable. As a fan base i believe 98% of us really like RG3 and dislike the slander and negativity being reported by various media outlets across the nation. Try to use some empathy before sprouting off your cognitive distortions.   

LOL. He just can't help himself. Can he?

There just isn't any need for him to do these things because whether or not in the grand scheme of things it's an issue........it's an issue.

Again Robert. Just go into the offseason and perfect your craft and simply just STFU. I don't see any other QB's doing these things. Sheesh.

So now Zubaz-pants chimes in with a "STFU".  Sheesh.

You don't see other QBs doing these things? Here's a list for you... NFL quarterbacks with Facebook and/or Twitter accounts

Aaron Rogers

Drew Brees

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Michael Vick

Mark Sanchez

Matthew Stafford

Christian Ponder

Cam Newton

Matt Ryan

Brandon Weeden

Ryan Tannehill