Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FB: RG3 Speaks Out

PigskinRedskin

Srsly,...just get off ****ing Facebook, Twitter, etc.  The constant need for attention and then having to explain yourself for things like the sleeve you wear,.....who ****ing cares why he wears it.  I don't. 

Just be the best you can be and win more games then you lose. 

I can't believe there's a thread about this,.....F me,...

"Silence is Golden" is something I hope Robert learns.   There is no reason whatsoever to explain yourself to these sad sacks on Facebook & Twitter. 

Since I don't have a Facebook account, I can only ready what was quoted.

Who asked the question about the sleeve?  Based on his response, I hope it was asked in a way to make him think someone was taking a shot at him.  If it was just an honest question by a young fan, he sounds awfully defensive in his reply.

I would also like him to not get into pissing matches with the press.  We all know how the media has a long memory.

I do like a few of the pregame insights from the locker room.  Of course, we all know Chester doesn't block anyone, though.....

Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc) and are often times used to find stories which only fuel the fire (I anticipate seeing a story of how RGIII takes his frustrations out on Social Media to some innocent fan).  I don't know if / how RGIII should have responded but I can sense the frustration and can't really blame him.  I would turn over his accounts to his PR guy, let them deal with the bs.

Here's the thing, has he made mistakes (on the field, off the field, in the locker room, etc.)....Yes, is he perfect, No (only one man EVER walked this earth w/out sin)!  He is 23 yrs old, who doesn't make mistakes!!  I do believe RGIII knows he made mistakes (as Chris Russell said) and has learned from them.  BLUF:  Leave this kid alone, enough already!   He has the potential to be one of the greatest QBs in Redskins history, has an opportunity to start fresh with a coach who may bring out the very best in him, has an opportunity to prove his "Face of the Franchise" label and can be good / great for many years.  Last year is over, lets move on! 

I just don;t understand how anyone can read what he said and come up with something wrong about it, but obviously someone did. I said it on another thread and I will say it, some people are just not happy unless they are complaining about something.

'Aint that the sad truth. 

A growing sector of our fanbase is as big a bane on our QB as any media/ outside factor. 

Having waited an entire lifetime since SonnyJ hung it up in the year of my birth to get a top echelon, franchise QB again; and end up with a special, SPECIAL talent and thoroughly decent man to boot; that is something I will NEVER understand. 

However they try justify it. 

Hail. 

Not being local anymore...has Robert posted/tweeted..." I was not very good last year", "I came back too early and was not ready", " I hurt my team by my impatience forcing operation patience on my coaches" " "I will come back in 2014 by working hard and listening to the professionals who coach me..I will let my game speak for me..until then..I have not comment"

Just wondering

He'll even get criticized for posting that. RG3 is damned if you do, damned it you don't.

I don't understand where/how all the RG3 bashing began? After last season, I'm fed up with some of our own fans who was extremely critical of RG3. I don't recall RG3 ever saying anything controversial? He even got criticized for saying "we" instead of "I" on mistakes. 

Since I don't have a Facebook account, I can only ready what was quoted.

Who asked the question about the sleeve? Based on his response, I hope it was asked in a way to make him think someone was taking a shot at him. If it was just an honest question by a young fan, he sounds awfully defensive in his reply.

Looking at it, the comment is in a thread on one of his pictures. The picture posted in the OP. Looks like he changed his Facebook "cover photo" to the one above and comments ensued (as per normal on any pro-athlete's picture).

It's impossible to see what the question or comment (or comments, multiple) led to elicit Robert's response because all of the comments before Robert's response were deleted (I am assuming they were deleted but it's probably accurate to say). There is one comment prior to Robert's response at 3:00ish and then the very next post is Robert's comment (the one in the OP) was posted around 7:00ish. Robert clearly doesn't seem to be responding the the post directly above either.

So it's impossible to say exactly what Robert was responding to unless you read the thread on the photo live. If I had to guess, I'd bet that multiple people were putting Robert down much in the same fashion they do here minus the rules and profanity filter and he took exception to it and replied. I'm more than fine with that. Shows me that he cares about what people think, shows he has heart.

I'm glad Griffin posted this.

Griffin is Griffin.

He needs to be he who is.

If he feels like posting something. So be it.

That's who he is.

He shouldn't try to dim his light to please other people.

Lest he dim his play.

Just keep being himself play good football and the fickle media and fans will create a pleasant narrative around his personality.

When Eli was losing he was 'boring' 'not a leader' etc Eli didn't change but once he won the media/fan narrative changed he suddenly became 'calm' 'poised' 'unflappable'.

Looking at it, the comment is in a thread on one of his pictures. The picture posted in the OP. Looks like he changed his Facebook "cover photo" to the one above and comments ensued (as per normal on any pro-athlete's picture).

It's impossible to see what the question or comment (or comments, multiple) led to elicit Robert's response because all of the comments before Robert's response were deleted (I am assuming they were deleted but it's probably accurate to say). There is one comment prior to Robert's response at 3:00ish and then the very next post is Robert's comment (the one in the OP) was posted around 7:00ish. Robert clearly doesn't seem to be responding the the post directly above either.

So it's impossible to say exactly what Robert was responding to unless you read the thread on the photo live. If I had to guess, I'd bet that multiple people were putting Robert down much in the same fashion they do here minus the rules and profanity filter and he took exception to it and replied. I'm more than fine with that. Shows me that he cares about what people think, shows he has heart.

I appreciate you describing to me what was in FaceBook.

I have no idea why anyone would attack him for something like a sleeve or glove.  Some aspects of Griffin are not above legitimate critisism, but crap like that would be very petty.

I hope he is able to grow some thick skin and not rise to the bait.  In the end, that will help him concentrate on his game.

So many fans on here NEED to find something to ***** about when RG3 says anything. It reminds me of a song the Eagles had called,

"Dirty Laundry".

I admit that I was frustrated and angry at the way that RG3 insisted on being the starter on day one, even though the doctors cleared him and declared that his knee was sound.

That is true it was sound, but football is more mental than physical where it concerns the QB position.

My feeling is that when it became obvious that he didn't trust his knee yet in order to throw with his legs he maybe should have conceded that he wasn't ready and ask to let KC play to see if it would have made a difference for the team. Indeed that would have been an extraordinary display of humility, team attitude and maturity.

I give him a pass because he is such a competitor and he is 23 years old for crying out loud, just that fact should allow him a reasonable amount of slack.

Yeah, I think the question was a little more involved then just the sleeve. By reading his comment a little more, the way he wrote about how the interviews were mandated and the commercials didn't take away from the success of the 2012 season, it seems like his own fans were attacking him. Especially with the end on how he said "and that you keep supporting the team".

I agree that social media can be an downfall and a negative for many due to how people spin how athletes respond but this was a simple answer where he included the team.

Also, this appears to be the response from the original poster:

My sincere thanks for taking the time to answer my post. (I have read so much in the Press and Social Media that I no longer know what is the truth and what is simply a "ploy" to increase income for the source of speculation and rumors at it's best.) My respect level just went up a notch for you. Like yourself, we both want to see this TEAM get turned around and back on top of the NFC East. TEAM Work will do this. Once again, thank you for your response and what appeared to be a negative has turned into a positive for look at the numerous replies and the support of the Fans that you have. Hailing to the Redskins and looking forward to a winning Season in 2014! Sending my best wishes for success to You and this TEAM in the New Year that is upon us now! Peace to You from Me.

It seems as though it was quite effective his response. No need to blast the kid for replying.

This thread absolutely confirms my belief that there are people who will **** and moan about Griffin no matter what happens.

"Robert Griffin III saves kitten from being run over in busy street"  - "What sort of ***hole stops traffic like that? Who does he think he is? These are regular people trying to get to work. What a diva"

I am fine with "him being him," but he then needs to realize that this stuff will NEVER go away. If he makes a habit of responding to fans/media, etc through social media he will continue to get baited, his quotes and posts will get distorted/analyzed and it will be a constant source of questioning. It will not stop.

Like I said, if I was his friend, I would tell him to stop. Not because I think what he is posting is wrong or innacurate or selfish, but because it just serves to fan the flames and potentially harm him down the road.

I am fine with "him being him," but he then needs to realize that this stuff will NEVER go away. If he makes a habit of responding to fans/media, etc through social media he will continue to get baited, his quotes and posts will get distorted/analyzed and it will be a constant source of questioning. It will not stop.

Like I said, if I was his friend, I would tell him to stop. Not because I think what he is posting is wrong or innacurate or selfish, but because it just serves to fan the flames and potentially harm him down the road.

I completely agree, I like what he said if you were to simply read it but like you mentioned it will just be more fuel to the fire for the media and nay-sayers. We don't need to give them anything else to work with but I really haven't seen this get picked up yet which is good so far, hopefully this is just a fan interaction that will get people back to the "respect" level that he deserves.

The media will NEVER stop its criticizing and nitpicking no matter what Robert says or does, you just have to accept that as as an annoying fact of life, like mosquitoes or lawyers.

What you can do is realize that what you think or feel is in your own hands. You don't have to feed the trolls, don't have to click the links or rant n rave at every ignorant piece posted. You and you and you- WE can choose to rise above, to see what we know to be true, to see that this kid is something special, far more than just a football player. He is still that same kid we welcomed to our extended family last year, maybe now a little more cynical and bruised, but still the same once in a lifetime talent with charm and character and a helluva sense of humor that will define this team for a decade.

This season is done and gone, there's no changing how it went but the collective consciousness of the fanbase can either embrace the future or wallow in the venom of the past.

This kid makes me proud to wear the B&G, this is who I want to represent the franchise

You're 100% right.  And people ask why it was such a big deal that Dan liked hanging with him?  This is the reason.  Because most people have a very negative point of view of our owner. And that won't change until he gets thru at least one coach's tenure with no drama or controversy. 

It's not fair that Robert is taking a beating but it's understandable.  It's plain ole guild by association.  If you really think about it the negativity about Robert didn't get out of control until MS leaked to the press that he was Danny's boy.  Now, instead of seeing Robert as one of the team and our heroes he is unfairly perceived as being part of the problem. 

The only thing Robert can do is just stop talking.  I have no problem with what he wrote.  But wait and see.  Some in the media and many fans will take that opportunity to pile on and keep attacking.  He should learn from Thomas Jefferson on how to deal with a controversy.  For his own good, just stop talking. 

I really enjoyed his response (it was spot on) and it's totally understandable that he's frustrated... but I can't stand social media. I wish he would just get off of it. Just my opinion, not a slight on him or anything. I get on my wife about it as well. It just puts too many anonymous eyes on you who want the worse for you and it puts them very, very close.    

Archived