Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FB: RG3 Speaks Out

PigskinRedskin

@ Dan T. Zubaz  pants? Ha ha. Wrong pal. But since you seem so infatuated with what I wear they are insulated camo's which I normally wouldn't get caught dead in but the Baltimore /Redskins game was going to be cold and wet, but I stayed warm thanks to the pants. I bet you fantasize if I went commando that day, huh? Ha ha.

Since you weren't just clueless about the pants, but also what I was referring to as a whole in regards to III let me help you in a few words to help you better comprehend.

Just stay out of the spotlight. No matter the venue. Just let your play do the talking.

You mean other QB's can haz Facebook???? Well no **** Sherlock.

Honestly, I'd prefer him to tweet rap lyrics with N words and stalk Twitter models all day....but that's just my opinion

Seriously tho, he probably shouldn't have said anything but who really cares?

He's 23. Lots of 90s kids tweet their asses off. Kirk Cousins probably tweets more than RGIII does. Niles Paul is the best NFL'er on twitter lol. 

Old ppl get over it before we check you all into nursing homes

And why the **** are grown men fighting over pants? 

1. Lavar looks like a koopa troopa and talks like Boomhauer.

HAHAHA he is going innnnnn on Lavar Arrington too 

because a FB post takes a whole day to post...yep

It's not about the time he takes. I realize that's his personal time and he can do what he wants. It's his concern with public opinion that irks me. He's like a teenage girl with this stuff. 

"O...M...G! Someone thinks I'm this way. I have GOT to tell them I'm THAT way!!"

*Morgan Freeman voice*

(Christian) Ponder this. Some folks here seem to get upset every time Rob opens his mouth to the media. You say he should keep quiet and not let the outside world get to him. But aren't those very same folks falling victim to the same trap, at least on the same parallels.

Every time Rob goes public with a comment/statement, it annoys you. Though the ones that seem to get annoyed are few and far between, and you flock to a public outlet (ES) to voice your frustrations. Sound familiar?

Except now those that are annoyed by those comments aren't "few and far between", it seems like it's the overwhelming majority. Perhaps you should take the very same advice you are trying to offer, and "just STFU."

Do you all not see the pattern? And thus the problem?

RG posts a response to a critical fan question. He is not confrontational, but clearly defensive and clearly wrote it because it bugged him. He said nothing wrong, rude, selfish, or innacurate. But he said it.

Media picks up on it. It gets twisted a bit.

RG goes to social media to comment about how it is being mis-reported.

And the cycle continues.

He had a presser this year.. He then went into the locker room and saw how th media was spinning his comments. He didn't like it. He went back out into the media room to clear the air on comments he made thirty minutes prior. The media eats it all up.

He is engaging in a vicious cycle. It's not about right or wrong or selfish or unselfish.

(Christian) Ponder this. Some folks here seem to get upset every time Rob opens his mouth to the media. You say he should keep quiet and not let the outside world get to him. But aren't those very same folks falling victim to the same trap, at least on the same parallels.

It's a good point, but the problem with this is that ES isn't nearly the public domain FB or other social media is and it's a much more controllable environment since, supposedly, we're in "the friendly confines amongst your own fellow Skins fans" (lol @ friendly confines, right?) I don't think many complained about Phillip Daniels, for instance, coming on here and being involved. They're two very different beasts.

But I will agree with you that, using common sense, it is better to speak less generally and especially if you're not surrounded with people you're certain love you. So, yeah, more of us should "STFU". :)

That's the issue I have with social media. There are sick people who want to just hate and bring others down, and judging by the responses here no one likes that... so why are we having trouble understanding that being involved with social media is a part of that problem since that's who you attract? 

No one should get angry that he's getting these type of responses, it comes with the territory. If you want him to continue to be involved in social media, then you shouldn't have a problem with all of that. It's why some of us would like him to step OUT of that territory, that's all.   

And you can be yourself without being on social media. And you can have an EVEN MORE personal life without it. In fact, that's a contradictory argument because social media is the anti-thesis to what is "personal". I don't get those arguments. Saying it's better for him to be off of it is not saying he shouldn't be himself or have a personal life, lol. 

(Not directed at you STBonecrusher) It's not necessary to insult people who don't like it. I don't think I'm an old hag who is out of touch, lol. My distaste for social media has absolutely NOTHING to do with Robert, or any athlete for that matter, alone and it's more about philosophical and religious thinking that I expounded upon earlier this season. I don't need to get into it again, but I believe that people wishing evil on you out of envy/jealousy/hate is a harmful thing and that a significant aspect of humility is to not forcibly stand out of the crowd. It's why common sense dictates that you surround yourself with people you are certain love you more often than not. 

Of course, there are things you can't control as Robert mentioned himself (mandated press conferences and interviews) and being successful enough to be the face of a football franchise is obviously going to put you into the spotlight and that's not your fault. I don't blame him for the commercials, either... that's totally normal and it's smart business. If a good company wants you to be a face of their product and will pay you for it, you'd be foolish to turn it down. But social media is entirely controllable and leaves everything you do out for interpretation by people who want nothing but bad for you. Even if you did absolutely nothing wrong and just showed that you're happy, it makes them crazy.

That's all I was saying, so it'd be nice if we stay away from the insults. That goes for both sides of this debate, I'm hearing to much "shut ups" and nonsense. I get that some here have posted ridiculous things about Robert or have spoken disrespectfully about him. And that is wrong and understandably deserves criticism. But that shouldn't apply to anyone who would rather hope he wasn't on social media just as a protection for himself from the type of people who would wish bad for him. It's not hating on him or anything like that, it's just the opposite. And it has nothing to do with "him being him" and everything to do with putting himself out there and allowing the corrupt to try and corrupt.

It's why he even started his response with "I usually don't do this because everyone will have an opinion on what you do or don't do...."

And now look, he's had to respond to the idiots among the media who are putting it like he issued some grand statement! If you don't see the significant downfalls of social media after that and just label people "old and out of touch" then I don't know what else to say.  

Why would he say that if he didn't realize how messed up a lot of the people reading his FB page are in the first place? He simply can't control these people who thrive on bringing others down, so the less exposure to them the better, right? 

Again, I say this because I want what's good for him, not as a blind criticism or as a way to hate on him. Others might feel social media is totally harmless, and that's fine, maybe they're right... but that's just my opinion and it'd be nice not to get insulted for it.  

I totally understand why some would have the mentality of "who cares, let them hate, just do what you do, etc..." but I don't agree with that. I personally don't act that way or have that attitude for myself so it would be hypocritical of me to want it for Robert. If I can avoid a situation where people might take me wrong or hate on me, I will. Of course, there's things I simply can't control and people will criticize, but if it's in my hands I'll try my best to avoid it. Staying away from social media and not posting photos of myself being super happy is one way, lol. It might sound ridiculous that just being happy out in the open can be a problem, but anyone with an ounce of wisdom will understand the concept. It's why most of us, I'm sure, don't go out of our way to brag about ourselves or how much money we made or wonderful our lives are to just anyone. Maybe we'll do it, but that should be directed solely at people you are 100% sure love you.   

the guys who are left.. hmm.. one of tyhem wears Miami dolphins hats on his facebook page.. world did not end in San francisco.. manning does commercials for anyone who will pay him. Tom brady sells women's boots and is treated like a People magazine celeb.

And Russell Wilson looks like a Cabbage Patch kid, which really isnt anything to this topic, but just the same...

Press conferences, twitter accounts, ad contracts, none of these make a damn bit of difference to anything.

Kardashian Kulture thinks so, and that's about it.

~Bang

Archived