Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FB: RG3 Speaks Out

PigskinRedskin

I ask this all the time and never get an answer. What team will offer RG3 more money than the Redskins. It ain't happening. If he plays well here, he will be signed to a long term deal that no other team would come close to matching.

Yeah, unless it changes in the next CBA, franchise tag system pretty much allows team to keep a player unless the player is willing to risk playing 2 years on one year deals.

Rg3 has been responding to questions on his facebook page since the offseason....why some people are making a big deal out of it is disturbing.

He had a question and answer session last offseason...How many qbs in the NFL do that? Shows that his open to the fans and show his love. 

Yeah, unless it changes in the next CBA, franchise tag system pretty much allows team to keep a player unless the player is willing to risk playing 2 years on one year deals.

As I have asked before, name one team who has offered a bigger salary to a starting QB than their current team.  Just to clarify, name one player who left his team because someone else made him a better deal or because he was sad.

That my friends is how you tell someone to "Shut the hell up" with class and composure and intelligence, this is as good an answer, as i have ever read, Robert will come back and do his preseason, and he will be better than he was in his first year, and the Washington Redskins will be back in the playoffs next season:  i hope the mediots have learned a lesson from this episode and that in future they will concentrate on the sport not the character of the players

Good response, but did it need to be said?  By him?  Not very professional IMO.  The actual content of it makes sense, but if he feels the need to stand up for himself through social media then he really puts too much stock into the media/message boards.  I'd prefer it if a QB didn't pay attention to all of the media hoopla and just focused on his job. 

Good response, but did it need to be said?  By him?  Not very professional IMO.  The actual content of it makes sense, but if he feels the need to stand up for himself through social media then he really puts too much stock into the media/message boards.  I'd prefer it if a QB didn't pay attention to all of the media hoopla and just focused on his job. 

So you're basically saying he should be a robot. Every person in the world has a right to defend themselves, even NFL QBs. Did he HAVE to do it? No. Did he have a right to? Absolutely. Did he do it in an intelligent and classy way? Definitely. If he should just focus on football then perhaps so should the people who spend so much time dissecting every single thing he says off the field. 

As I have asked before, name one team who has offered a bigger salary to a starting QB than their current team. Just to clarify, name one player who left his team because someone else made him a better deal or because he was sad.

You're not asking me, right? Cause I agree with you, in case I wasn't clear before.

It doesn't matter what your persona is, if you can play football at a high level, no one cares. This message has more to do with his off-field persona moreso than his on-field play. When I read that he is taking that extra step to sure up his deep ball accuracy and overall passer skills, then i'll start caring. 

Anyone else notice that it's the usual suspects in this thread criticizing RG3's post?

Just an interesting observation.

Makes sense. If you have a take on something chances are you will stay consistent on it.

I've toed the same line since last spring. I think he talks a bit too much and gets too wrapped up in responding to media/criticism. I think he puts too much out there. I think it causes a distraction and contributed to the awkward feel at camp this year. I also don't think it is a huge deal.... I think he's a good guy, a good leader, and he will land on his feet from all of this. I just think he could make things easier on himself.

This of course makes me a hater, who has no appreciation for him and wants to see him run out of town.

Some are fascinated that Redskins fan could possibly criticize RG3. I'm fascinated that if you do, you are cast a pariah.

Makes sense. If you have a take on something chances are you will stay consistent on it.

I've toed the same line since last spring. I think he talks a bit too much and gets too wrapped up in responding to media/criticism. I think he puts too much out there. I think it causes a distraction and contributed to the awkward feel at camp this year. I also don't think it is a huge deal.... I think he's a good guy, a good leader, and he will land on his feet from all of this. I just think he could make things easier on himself.

This of course makes me a hater, who has no appreciation for him and wants to see him run out of town.

Some are fascinated that Redskins fan could possibly criticize RG3. I'm fascinated that if you do, you are cast a pariah.

There's a difference between fair and constructive criticism (i.e. your opinion) and blatant hate (i.e. others).

Why can't he?

Every teammate interviewed or asked says that nobody works harder, nobody studies more.  Why should you think differently?

Well.. I don't recall him 'facebooking it up' during the season.  or are you saying that he should live in a football bubble.... much like yourself with respect to your current job .. Oh Wait!  you're posting on extreamskins.

Is it because of our record (3-13)?

Is it because of the leaks, denigrating his character from a certain ...confirmed source?.... 

is it because he worked his behind off and came back from a injury and spoke to the expectations that were first given to him by the HC? or is it because he tried to hold the HC accountable to his word when he thought their was wavering? 

Do you question the coaching staff, or other aspects of out team?  Or is your criticism narrowly focused on your/our 2nd year QB who had the best rookie season (arguable) in NFL history? Who had a near 65% completion avg, who ran a base pocket offices 80% of the time?  Who checked down or went through his progressions with such consistences folks (football media) were dumb-founded?   

Who everyone praised an attributed his on/off field maturity to that of a 10 year veteran?

Who played with a brace/off a critical injury behind a broken OL where only Trent could start on another NFL team? 

What's your opinion of our defense, SP and online play?  Did we put a quality effort/team on the field?   

I know I asked a lot of questions and their all not intentionally directed at you.  

I'm venting and just hope that many of our fans stop and think before that regurgitate media talking points designed to be sensationalist in nature (because that's how they make their money through the less informed).  

I use to think that the Skins had the smartest fans in the NFL (IQ peaking around 1985 - 1995)   Now I realized that their is only a handful of folks out there... and that makes me sad. 

DId you actually read my response?  Wait,....maybe you just read too much into it?  Yeah,...that's it.  Or I hope that's it.

I never said he couldn't do anything, I simply said that I think he should get off Facebook and Twitter.  Quit explaining yourself.  It's pointless and nothing good can come from it.  I never said he didn't work hard, or didn't study, wasn't a good QB, etc.  I have no idea what you're talking about with regard to the coaching staff and other stuff,....I mean,...haha,......wat??

I'm a huge RG3 supporter and I hope he becomes and elite QB.  I don't get the need to explain himself about anything,....especially on FB and Twitter -- enough already.  There's some saying,....what is it?  "Silence is golden",...yeah.  Not sure who came up with that one but it's pretty good, and very applicable to his situation. 

I appreciate the back handed/indirect "you're a dummy" comment at the end.  Pretty clever and quite passive aggressive.  Much love,.................bro.

Dear Robert,

Some "fans" are (were?) fans of you because of the success you had last year and the limelight that came along with that success. They are the fair-weather fans who will drift from one star to the next because it rescues them from their low self-esteem.

Genuine Redskin Fans loved you from the moment your were drafted by our beloved team and will support you through the ups and downs of the early years of your career. We will still be here, supporting you and all the other Redskin players, when we win and all the fair-weather "fans" return. They will dust off their RGIII jerseys and wear them again like us except our jerseys will be worn out showing the wear from the journey of being a life-long, die-hard Redskin Fan.

HTTR

I can't work out if this is sarcasm or not. You are calling people who aren't fans of Griffin "fair-weather"??!! There are way too many people on Extremeskins who ARE fans of Griffin, and seemingly not the team. Some of us are Redskins fans and NOT fans of a particular celebrity player. Judging by your second paragraph you aren't a fair-weather fan, but I am really getting tired of the people on here that imply you can't be a fan of the team without idolising Griffin.

Archived