Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FB: RG3 Speaks Out

PigskinRedskin

The problem with people supporting this by comparing it to one Aaron Rodgers tweet is that they are seeing this as an isolated incident.

Its the cumulative effect of all of RG3's actions in a two year period that make this essay he posted on Facebook more childish. unnecessary, counterproductive, and attention-seeking.

Care to explain your conclusory allegations with examples and reasoning?

On a side note, I don't see how some posters can constantly call me out by name and say negative things about me and not get banned.  Isn't that against the rules?  I commend some of the posters that can offer respectful responses and just enjoy the debate 

At the end of the day it's just a game and we are just fans discussing it.  

At the end of the day, I'd probably still offer most of you guys a beer if we were tailgating and we would have a good time.  It's just a debate. There's no reason for people to catch feelings and call me out.  

Care to explain your conclusory allegations with examples and reasoning?

I'm not a judge or a jury.  I'm just a guy on a message board with an opinion.  Those are the conclusions I have come up with.  I believe RG3's actions are unproductive and attention-seeking.  

If anyone thinks the quote by Rodgers is anything close in content to the essay that RG3 posted then they are delusional.  

Like somebody said earlier, how is this any different than RG3 responding in an interview? Ray Lewis responded to Wes Welker's wife in an interview Aaron Rodgers went on a radio show to say he's not gay. All that's different in this case is that we have facebook instead of a sports show. So because RG3 is using facebook, that means you can call him a child?

This is just total BS. You're on a soapbox right now cause you think you have some inherit right to judge the man, not his play on the field, but his actions as a man, and thats just disrespectful. 

Yeah the commercial criticism crap never ceases to annoy me. Nobody will complain when Manning is on Papa Johns commercials after he chokes out of these playoffs. It's not like the dude was leaving practice to film 5 dollar footlong ads. He does it in his spare time. He could be worse than Mark Sanchez and it still doesn't matter how many commercials he's on. Give him a friggin Hadeed commercial for all I care

It rubs people the wrong way when you're on every tv ad when you haven't really done anything.

On a side note, I don't see how some posters can constantly call me out by name and say negative things about me and not get banned.  Isn't that against the rules?  I commend some of the posters that can offer respectful responses and just enjoy the debate 

At the end of the day it's just a game and we are just fans discussing it.  

At the end of the day, I'd probably still offer most of you guys a beer if we were tailgating and we would have a good time.  It's just a debate. There's no reason for people to catch feelings and call me out.  

I'm not a judge or a jury.  I'm just a guy on a message board with an opinion.  Those are the conclusions I have come up with.  I believe RG3's actions are unproductive and attention-seeking.  

For the record, I wasn't calling you an *** hole, or **** head, I was calling Aaron Rodgers those names with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Secondly, I would accept your beer, and offer you a brat.  Cheers man.  I argue with intensity, but I don't hate nobody.  Sorry, I just can't help it.  I don't hate nobody.

However, if we'd had this argument on Facebook, it would have been about 3 pages longer.  lol

It rubs people the wrong way when you're on every tv ad when you haven't really done anything.

I don't remember anyone throwing a fit when Orakpo was on a Geico commercial.  If Griffin had had a good year, no one would be talking.

Or about Russell Wilson's commercials over the offseason.

If you're talking about

4.jpg

then I agree.

If you're talking about the winner of the Heisman trophy, the number 2 pick in the NFL draft, and the NFL rookie of the year who had the greatest rookie season of any quarterback in NFL history and who led his team to the playoffs after a long franchise drought, well then let's just agree to disagree. 

For the record, I wasn't calling you an *** hole, or **** head, I was calling Aaron Rodgers those names with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Secondly, I would accept your beer, and offer you a brat. Cheers man. I argue with intensity, but I don't hate nobody. Sorry, I just can't help it. I don't hate nobody.

However, if we'd had this argument on Facebook, it would have been about 3 pages longer. lol

I was specifically referring to your post on this page as one of the respectful responses. I can't say the same for a few other posters that I won't name; They know who they are.

He just needs to shut up and not worry about crap like this. he comes across as a guy who's all worried about what everyone thinks.

And that's my main concern. I had no problem with the response in itself, but had a problem with the fact that he made the response.

He seems like a guy who is about to have a nervous breakdown.

I'd expect more from the leader of my team.

Here's another, and this one's even better because it's Russell Wison saying he's going to answer everyone's questions over his own app called, "Ask Russell".  It was done over the off-season, but no one threw a fit about it.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7qPl/american-family-insurance-featuring-russell-wilson

RG3: "You think I like having the media tell everyone that I shop at WalMart or went to the beach"

Media front page ESPN: "RG3 responds to critics on facebook"

LOL

"RG3 responds to critics on Facebook, from a Walmart near a beach, while wearing green socks."

Listen child. Have you noticed how when you post nobody agrees with you? You ever wonder why? It's not because of bias, and it's certainly not because you're magically smarter than everyone else out there. It's because you're a turd. A little stinky turd that needs to be flushed from this message board because your contributions are so utterly worthless they adversely affect the overall quality of discussion for this entire community. I'm done with you. You're worthless. I can only hope that everyone else follows suit and puts you on Ignore as well. It'll be your own little echo chamber.

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_96

Here's another, and this one's even better because it's Russell Wison saying he's going to answer everyone's questions over his own app called, "Ask Russell". It was done over the off-season, but no one threw a fit about it.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7qPl/american-family-insurance-featuring-russell-wilson

"RG3 responds to critics on Facebook, from a Walmart near a beach, while wearing green socks."

A lot of these examples you have given are just examples of players using social media. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's not done in excess.

Writing a long response on Facebook addressing your insecurities about what people say about you is quite different IMO.

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_96

Yeah what an intelligent response that offered insight (not your post).

Surprised how certain posters haven't gotten banned yet.

A lot of these examples you have given are just examples of players using social media. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's not done in excess.

Writing a long response on Facebook addressing your insecurities about what people say about you is quite different IMO.

No, that one was only in response to this:

Just saying other's in the same situation have made commercials and no one said anything about them.  

No one seemed to have a problem with Wilson saying he was going to answer fan's questions about himself through an app made specifically for that purpose, but people are going to complain about Griffin being on Adidas or Subway commercials?  

Come on.

Reading comprehension is important.

I didn't say give me examples of athletes using social media. I'm highly aware this is a very common occurence.

I explicitly said show me an example of an athlete writing a long multiple-paragraph response to being criticized as a person.

I can't find one example of an athlete writing a response defending himself about something that has nothing to do with on-the-field play.

Kris Kluwe last week: http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214

Well there you go. That's exactly what I was looking for. This is closer to what RG3 did than the tweet by Aaron Rodgers, although Kluwe's response was pretty extreme.

Here are a few more stories about our other beloved NFL players responding to rumors / fans / critics.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tackles-internet-rumors-i-m-not-gay-123113

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/07/drew-brees-responds-to-leaving-3-tip-on-74-bill/

http://newsone.com/2171961/ray-lewis-wes-anna-burns-welker/

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-07-10/sports/bal-ravens-insider-ravens-ed-reed-is-starting-to-get-the-hang-of-twitter-20120710_1_training-camp-business-that-don-t-care-ravens-ed-reed

http://footbasket.com/featured/bears-quarterback-jay-cutler-responds-to-critics-how-much-caring-he-has-for-football/

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/may/saints-rb-reggie-bushs-twitter-controversy-now-includes-challenging-skip-bayless.html

A lot of those guys are hall of game/borderline hall of game guys. After a certain point you earn the respect of your peers and can afford to be more outspoken.

I'll admit I didn't think it was that common.

I still disagree with them doing it. Especially a guy like RG3 who is known to be very outspoken.

To be fair, my original quote was that no player had ever done this on Facebook specifically.

I didn't say give me examples of athletes using social media. I'm highly aware this is a very common occurence.

I explicitly said show me an example of an athlete writing a long multiple-paragraph response to being criticized as a person.

I can't find one example of an athlete writing a response defending himself about something that has nothing to do with on-the-field play.

Colin Kapernick and his Miami Dolphins hat: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/colin-kaepernick-defends-wearing-dolphins-hat-shouldn-t-144651555.html

He had 3-4 follow up tweets in regards to the Dolphins hat.

Drew Brees wrote a pretty long manifesto in 2012: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/new_orleans_saints_quarterback_132.html

And because the question was asked about a CEO responding to users on social media, I figured I'd post this list of CEOs who do respond to social media. 

I'm almost 100% positive that the Dos Equis commercials are about Richard Branson. 

I would give anything to hang with that dude for a week.  Honestly, he just seems like the kind of guy that could turn you into a real life Jay Gatsby.

i love old people. Social media is apart of our lives. We want to share and make it public to everyone no matter what we do.

Yeah, stupid old people just don't understand! You just want to share everything you do with the public. What could go wrong? Nothing. Absolutely nothing,

Archived