Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FB: RG3 Speaks Out

PigskinRedskin

They KILLED him on NFL network last night. I mean, they even said hes acting like this because hes jealous of Keapernik. I don't buy into any of that, but the rest of the fans will and its just going to make it harder on him. 

I take anything on NFLN with a grain of salt, considering the amount of inner drama they have themselves. Making noise means higher ratings and they're not innocent of it either, so don't get so worked up over it.

Personally, i'd like to see this all stop; every time Griffin farts it makes the news somehow, and sheeple eat it up like hominy grits. Hopefully the mods will begin trimming down the # of useless pointless threads about what Griffin says or does on a daily basis, and maybe, just maybe, things can get to a somewhat normality of an offseason.

Reporters get publicity by their articles, at the expense of others; the less reaction to their columns, the less credible they become. Lets just stop buying into every article that comes out and everyone will be better from it.

SIC

Next thing you know he will be doing sit ups in his driveway. After that he will be benched and he will watch Kurt Cousins play an awful game and then RG3 will come out crying and saying 'that's my quarterback'

Unfortunately, this is the beginning of the end. RG3 is not smart enough to read defenses so he will probably start making purple drank for his homies and flippin burgers at the local McDonalds.

I feel sad watching my QB go from beloved hero to purple drank connoisseur. Maybe we can trade him for Jake Locker or Mike Glennon before they hit FA.

What troubles me is that this crap is affecting Robert to the point that he's compelled to respond. To me, it suggests it's a distraction for Robert, one potentially interfering with or influencing his preparation for next year. The more crap is on your mind, the less room you have for something that actually matters.

Hopefully the mods will begin trimming down the # of useless pointless threads about what Griffin says or does on a daily basis, and maybe, just maybe, things can get to a somewhat normality of an offseason.

Right. Because that would not only be appropriate, it would "fix things."  :rolleyes: 

Any mod desiring to do so certainly will make a mashup thread at any time. However, more pressing for you, is to use this quote above and read rule 18 to figure out what I mean when I say you're getting a break here instead of being sent on a two week vacation. And you already have too many warning points for much comfort.  :)

To break it down for new people who have more of an excuse--report posts you think violate rules using the report feature, or post about things you think apply to board management in the feedback forum. Do not go OT in threads with such matters (read the rule).

Next thing you know he will be doing sit ups in his driveway. After that he will be benched and he will watch Kurt Cousins play an awful game and then RG3 will come out crying and saying 'that's my quarterback'

Unfortunately, this is the beginning of the end. RG3 is not smart enough to read defenses so he will probably start making purple drank for his homies and flippin burgers at the local McDonalds.

I feel sad watching my QB go from beloved hero to purple drank connoisseur. Maybe we can trade him for Jake Locker or Mike Glennon before they hit FA.

Ha! Kudos on committing to the bit. 

Not sure if serious.

It amazes how many clueless jackwagons there are in this thread.

Those of us that are saying that III would be better served not publicizing his every thought are NOT saying what he is doing is inappropriate. You with me so far?

We are saying because he is who is and his stature is what is he would be better off limiting his exposure because it gets blown out of proportion by the media and therein lies the problem. He should know this by now because it happened during last offseason and during the season.

You say it's not an issue, but yet the media is running with it and he is on the defensive. He's a sensitive kid obviously so why continue to feed the sharks?

In short? There are repercussions to be had when he doesn't choose his words wisely. Is it right? Not really. Is it reality? Just turn on the radio, the TV, read the web, etc. and you tell me.

As I've said repeatedly recently, we tend to think we're the only team with "Drama" because what WE pay attention to is OUR team….

Not to mention the entire MRSA fiasco in Tampa.  Anyone that thinks our FO is poorly managed and runs the team badly, google "Lawrence Tynes MRSA" and see that entire story.  It's a wonder the guy didn't sue his team.

It's getting to the point where the sports media is making me hate football.  Football has morphed into tabloid entertainment.  I hate to sound negative, but I'm starting to think we'll never have a consistently good team again because the league likes the fact the Redskins woes and drama are very entertaining and the sports media helps fuel that.  We provide an entertaining story without having to win….

I have been feeling the same way for a few years now. 

My favorite sports media moment was on WP Live when Wise or Maske or someone said they enjoy it when the Skins are winning because it's much harder to cover them when they're losing, and Lavar just sat there with wide eyes and shook his head in disagreement with all of them.  

It's one of the first times I thought he was speaking 100% truth.

Here are a few more stories about our other beloved NFL players responding to rumors / fans / critics. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tackles-internet-rumors-i-m-not-gay-123113

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/07/drew-brees-responds-to-leaving-3-tip-on-74-bill/

http://newsone.com/2171961/ray-lewis-wes-anna-burns-welker/

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-07-10/sports/bal-ravens-insider-ravens-ed-reed-is-starting-to-get-the-hang-of-twitter-20120710_1_training-camp-business-that-don-t-care-ravens-ed-reed

http://footbasket.com/featured/bears-quarterback-jay-cutler-responds-to-critics-how-much-caring-he-has-for-football/

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/may/saints-rb-reggie-bushs-twitter-controversy-now-includes-challenging-skip-bayless.html

A 1000 people could do it, it's still a lame thing to do.

They KILLED him on NFL network last night. I mean, they even said hes acting like this because hes jealous of Keapernik. I don't buy into any of that, but the rest of the fans will and its just going to make it harder on him. 

I wouldn't doubt that he's at least a little jealous of his contemporaries enjoying postseason glory and he's at home.  As a competitor, I would expect that and hope for that.  Indifference wouldn't be good at all.  Watching Luck, Wilson, Newton, Kap, all in the postseason can't feel good.  But I definitely don't think any of that's impacting his decision to respond to fans.  That seems silly.  

But I wonder what made him think that a Facebook rant was a good idea.  He went into this offseason with a fresh start, a great opportunity to press the reset button and leave the nonsense of this past season behind, and here we are already.

I'm almost 100% positive that the Dos Equis commercials are about Richard Branson. 

I would give anything to hang with that dude for a week.  Honestly, he just seems like the kind of guy that could turn you into a real life Jay Gatsby.

great call ... as a big fan of those commercials I never made that connection!

the only thing is he's married right? 

This guy would never get married ... 

Worlds-Most-Interesting-Man.jpg

Then he needs to accept that this will be a constant story and he will continue to have to "clear the air" every other day. If he continues to post on social media, take bait on social media, and respond to team related and semi team related things on social media, then this stuff isn't going away.

If he is cool with that, then that's fine. But he shouldn't be surprised.

Your conclusion isn't logical. Since when is a person who's not in the wrong required to accept the foolishness of those that are? He has a right to defend himself, and he did so in a mature way. The fact that the media is still trying to run with this, and the same fans are following, is not his problem. I see the situation for what it is: a young guy getting frustrated with the foolishness around this team's media and fans. If you look at it for what it is, you understand the growing sentiment that he may not want to resign regardless of success with this team.

The dynamic the Redskins media and fanbase have created here is really dumb. The media and fans are saying Griffin is not allowed to be seen or heard until they see fit. Who the hell forms a mob and shelters in their franchise QB?! Griffin isn't disrespectful or vulgar when he speaks. He's honest and open. His commercials aren't negative in any way. They're typical of any other athlete with a sponsor deal. If anything, Griffin being out there would be a good thing as he would be a great role model for young guys. Yet, the focus of many seems to be to shut him up, or else he will be bashed for speaking, because he is literally not allowed to talk/tweet/post/be on tv. Literally what the hell?

great call ... as a big fan of those commercials I never made that connection!

the only thing is he's married right? 

I didn't know that.  Actually, I know I'm strange, but I actually have more respect for the dude.  If you're that rich, that famous, and that powerful (talented, etc), and you can keep your word and stay with the same woman for over 15 years, that's pretty amazing nowadays.

Lots of worthless college frat brothers can sleep with endless amounts of women, doesn't mean much.  IMO

I loved the response on Facebook. Every word of it. However, like firing a gun out in the open in a world mostly populated by zombies, only more braindead morons will come.

It's an endless wave of stupid. He didn't have to explain himself on Twitter. He doesn't really have to explain himself to anyone, about anything. I get it. Most reasonable people will get it. The only thing that matters though, is his performance. Nothing he says or does outside of that will change perception/public opinion. Maybe he's still struggling to accept that, being a young guy and all, but that's the way it is.

If I were him, I would just step away from all of it, and keep enjoying my vacation and recharging my batteries. Thats not a demand. Thats just what I would do, after surveying the landscape of things at the moment. Just get away for awhile.

I don' think RG cares about what the media says... Quite frankly we shouldnt either.  I do however believe that he really does care about his fans. It's the reason he replied to the fan. The fan started out by saying that he "WAS a RG3 fan". I could see if RG was like Richie  Incognito or Brandon Marshal, but he's never been in trouble a day in his life!  And this "fan" stated that he's not a fan anymore because of RG's arm sleeve and commercials? That would make me repsond the same way RG did!

just saw a few comments on the Deadspin FB page that linked to an article about Robert's comments ... one of them just jumped out. 

This one guy, in response to RG3 being annoyoned/tired of the drama, scrutnity said ... "then he should have never gone the celebrity route." 

I really agree with that. 

I loved the response on Facebook. Every word of it. However, like firing a gun out in the open in a world mostly populated by zombies, only more braindead morons will come.

What a freaking great analogy/visualization! 

If Robert could get this message.  He got on this celebrity train and now he has to jump off and he can't  ... go the Peyton route.  Do your work, have you fun, but do your work and don't draw attention to yourself ...  stay out of the limelight and once "you are there" you can say stuff like this: 

After Peyton Manning led the Denver Broncos to a 24-17 win over the San Diego Chargers in Sunday night’s AFC Divisional matchup, reporters asked him how his surgery-repaired neck was feeling after a long season and what it meant for his thoughts on the future.

His reply? He just really wanted a beer.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/peyton-manning-playoffs-quote-beer/

Except the response continues a pattern of distraction that has plagued this team.   You are kidding yourself if you don't think this type of crap has a negative impact on the team.     Put your head down and let your play speak for itself. Positive results is the only thing to turn the tide.  Talking will only make it worse.    He needs to man up, grow some thicker skin a ignore us stupid fans. 

Archived