Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FB: RG3 Speaks Out

PigskinRedskin

I have two opinions on this matter that I think are incredibly important and have yet to be brought up:

1- RG3 should do what he wants to on his down time and enjoy his personal life. If he wants to be all out there on social media, hey, he's young and having fun!  

2- RG3 should shut it. Just shyyyut it.  

Surprised no one has mentioned these things. 

That is essentially what we have all been saying. There are two camps pretty much. The act like you've been there before, emulate Peyton " I am going to study film during a press conference because I am so cerebral and like standing tall in the pocket with poise and going through my reads after spouting sophisticated language to manipulate the defense into not touching me" Manning or just be yourself. Personally I believe in being yourself. That isn't to say you can't make small changes for the better but there is no way in hell Robert went from being team captain and beloved to a hydra monster in one offseason. The media has created this narrative and the poor W/L has allowed it to fester. Were things different this season as far as mechanics, efficiency. accuracy and decisionmaking? Yes. Should we give the guy the benefit of the doubt considering what he did in 2012? Yes.

@ Gamebreaker. The Manning's, Brees and Brady's of the world do just that. Why do you think they are great? The ability to continue to be great and adjust to different defensive schemes doesn't happen by just showing up. You want to be great? You have to put in the work.

Enough of the "Poor RGIII". He's anything but poor.

I'm sorry but this is just out there and dumb.  

While I definitely understand and agree with the point you're making, it makes me puke in my mouth to think that THIS is what sends the "news" media into a friggin' tizzy.

That they break this down for DAYS.

Coming up next, is Alfred Morris's butt too fat? What is the hidden meaning behind DeAngelo Hall's iPod playlist? The DC media HAS to know!

(Because whatever it is, it's the WORST THING IMAGINABLE!)

~Bang

as someone who listens to local sports radio basically all day, i agree.  

the attention this has gotten is over the top. 

god, i hate the offseason. 

(frankly, with all the crap thats come out over the last 2 months, i kinda dont blame him for speaking out).

When RG3 begins his revenge tour next year, I would thoroughly enjoy him turning "heel" like BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 previously posted. I want him smoking cigars when the defense is on the field. I want him drunk with arms drapped around cheerleaders when he addresses the press. Think Razor Ramon. And most of all, when Goodell attempts to hand him the Lombardi, I want him to slap it out of his hands and then watch him go on a Stone Cold Stunnering spree.

When RG3 begins his revenge tour next year, I would thoroughly enjoy him turning "heel" like BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 previously posted. I want him smoking cigars when the defense is on the field. I want him drunk with arms drapped around cheerleaders when he addresses the press. Think Razor Ramon. And most of all, when Goodell attempts to hand him the Lombardi, I want him to slap it out of his hands and then watch him go on a Stone Cold Stunnering spree.

I just pictured all of that in my mind, and I'm grinning with glee. 

Especially at RG3 smacking the Lombardi out of Goodell's hands and hitting him with a stunner. Makes it even funnier if you picture him standing over Goodell while giving him the finger and yelling so hard spittle starts flying. 

I have remained silent from this debate long enough...

A few of thoughts I have on the matter:

The media played us all. Griffin posted this, and at first, it wasn't that big of a deal. Then the media got their hands on it, and it spiraled out of control. But that is what the media does, they take things, and they try and get as much burn out of it as they can. We wittiness that first hand this week with Peyton Manning's "Omaha". Peyton, and originally Eli, has said Omaha for YEARS! But one media outlet mentions it, and others see that it is creating some waves, so they hop on it.

It's not that the media hates the Redskins or whatever, it's just that they know that when they can get any type of story from this team, they are going to run with it. The more negative the story, the better. Wrestling promoter Eric Bischoff said it best with the title of his book... "Controversy Creates Cash." Anytime the media can get it, they are going to push it, and people are going to eat it up.

As far as RG3 goes. The dude has been on facebook and twitter pretty much since the beginning of the social media explosion. Yet it didn't stop him for putting up monster stats in college, winning the Heisman, and leading his team to a division title in his first year. The commercials didn't stop him either. His knee stopped him. And his knee helped us lose this year, and those loses brought controversy.

Finally, I have to say this. RG3 might be charismatic, and whatnot, but I can understand that his attitude rubs people the wrong way. So the question of should RG3 post on social media, or not, will have different answers. I, myself, would like if RG3 would leave social media alone because of the crap storm he creates when he says anything non-cliche'. But it ain't happening because that is not who RG3 is.

I have remained silent from this debate long enough...

A few of thoughts I have on the matter:

The media played us all. Griffin posted this, and at first, it wasn't that big of a deal. Then the media got their hands on it, and it spiraled out of control. But that is what the media does, they take things, and they try and get as much burn out of it as they can. We wittiness that first hand this week with Peyton Manning's "Omaha". Peyton, and originally Eli, has said Omaha for YEARS! But one media outlet mentions it, and others see that it is creating some waves, so they hop on it.

It's not that the media hates the Redskins or whatever, it's just that they know that when they can get any type of story from this team, they are going to run with it. The more negative the story, the better. Wrestling promoter Eric Bischoff said it best with the title of his book... "Controversy Creates Cash." Anytime the media can get it, they are going to push it, and people are g go to eat it up.

As far as RG3 goes. The dude has been on facebook and twitter pretty much since the beginning of the social media explosion. Yet it didn't stop him for putting up monster stats in college, winning the Heisman, and leading his team to a division title in his first year. The commercials didn't stop him either. His knee stopped him. And his knee helped us lose this year, and those loses brought controversy.

Finally, I have to say this. RG3 might be charismatic, and whatnot, but I can understand that his attitude rubs people the wrong way. So the question of should RG3 post on social media, or not, will have different answers. I, myself, would like if RG3 would leave social media alone because of the crap storm he creates when he says anything non-cliche'. But it ain't happening because that is not who RG3 is.

Maybe its because he Black and playing QB. Racial stereotypes also help the media, because they no longer have to prove what they say, if the people reading and listening to it already have it in their head that Black People have attitude problem or diva personas. No need to prove that RG3 had a attitude with Shanahan at all since most of you already had that prejudice in your mind that black people have attitude problems.

Maybe its because he Black and playing QB. Racial stereotypes also help the media, because they no longer have to prove what they say, if the people reading and listening to it already have it in their head that Black People have attitude problem or diva personas. No need to prove that RG3 had a attitude with Shanahan at all since most of you already had that prejudice in your mind that black people have attitude problems.

Rush is that you?

It's been nice not knowing you.

god, i hate the offseason.

How can you possibly hate the offseason?  It's the only time during the last 20 years when we aren't losing.  

If we're going to define "off-season" as the period when the season ends, then it's been the offseason since about week 8 this year.

It's still better than the off-season during Zorn's second year.  That one started after the week 2 game in St Louis.  (Ending score was 9-7, and we didn't deserve it)

Archived