Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Art Briles Philosophy- Why he's THE man for the Redskins. THE BRILES FILES!

Gibbs Hog Heaven

This thread is full of fail. We were never going to hire the guy.

No there were some great discussion either way and it helped pass the time away. I look forward to seeing DC9 run an out pattern during the flag football game. I am going to jump that route and take it to the house and run out of the stadium, literally to the house. lol. 

Dont a lot of coaches same the exact same thing until they actually leave? I could have sworn i remember chip kelly last year saying he had no interest in the NFL and then all of a sudden was interviewing for the eagles and took the job but i could be wrong.

Nope, you were right... he was interviewed with the Browns and Eagles and decided to remain at Oregon. A week later he accepted a second offer by the Eagles. I don't think anything like that will happen here with Briles. Not saying he won't coach somewhere else (i.e. Texas, Houston, or what have you), but even he knows that coming here will only be written up as a constant 'teachers pet' headache that he would just prefer to do without.

Does it need to? Cuz I'm sure all great coaches were sure things when they were hired right?

I think it's a very valid question given our history. We aren't usually the ones that outsmart everyone else. If his name is only coming up here, that raises a red flag to me.

No one ever said anything about any coach being a sure thing. No one is a sure thing anywhere, not in the NFL.

No argument there, but he also took Dallas to task in an important game at Dallas, let's not act like he got lucky this year.

Not saying he did. But Dallas had one of the worst defenses ever and were playing their backup QB. And the eagles needed a late int to seal it. I am just saying lets not crown him yet.

No argument there, but he also took Dallas to task in an important game at Dallas, let's not act like he got lucky this year. 

Well, lets not act like Dallas was a good team.  Do you know what Dallas record was against teams NOT named the Redskins or Giants? 4-8.  Thats terrible.  I would say he DID get lucky, he got to play 6 games against Dallas, Washington, and NY.

I would say he DID get lucky, he got to play 6 games against Dallas, Washington, and NY.

the eagles have beaten a bunch of really bad teams. the one playoff team they beat was lead by scott tolzein and seneca wallace. 

they are the epitome of "lucky". still managed to lose to dallas and the giants somehow.

we suck worse. but they were very lucky to play a bunch of ****ty teams. 

But really, the only reason Briles is even getting mentioned anywhere is cuz RG3's here.  No other pro team is really knocking down his door to make him their head coach.  I don't think Briles is such a coaching savant that he's the only guy that can do anything with RG3.

To add, that would make the ransom we gave up to get RGIII look even more foolish than some believe it already does. Many have already questioned giving up so much for one player, but a player that needs so much work but can only get it done with his college coach? That isn't a huge bad sign or red flag, that is the Spanish Inquisition.

rg3-nflhonors-roy-rw.jpgRG3 2012 OROY

BY having a COACH who installed a Read-Option Offense TAYLORED to his SKILL SET,that OTHER TEAMS WERE NOT PREPARED TO DEFEND..And what does he do????? "I want to be like Arron Rogers", SCRAP THAT OFFENSIVE CONCEPT to one that he DOES NOT have the SKILLSET to OPERATE..THEN GET THE INOVATIVE COACH FIRED....Lobbied for His College Coach with his FATHER......Ya..THIS is gonna end well.

Art Briles-Contrary to reports I am not pursuing other jobs.

Translation-No teams are pursuing Art Briles.

JLC did one heck of a sales job on this for Briles, however

Look for NFL-related stories on Baylor Football to be leaked through JLC going forward

BY having a COACH who installed a Read-Option Offense TAYLORED to his SKILL SET,that OTHER TEAMS WERE NOT PREPARED TO DEFEND..And what does he do????? "I want to be like Arron Rogers", SCRAP THAT OFFENSIVE CONCEPT to one that he DOES NOT have the SKILLSET to OPERATE..THEN GET THE INOVATIVE COACH FIRED....Lobbied for His College Coach with his FATHER......Ya..THIS is gonna end well.

Impressive failure to grasp facts, rational thought, and the English language.

There is so much wrong with this post I will not waste my time. I will say that quite frankly this is the kind of garbage that infuriates me about some fans. Zero accountability breeds the ability to simply make things up as you go along.

Please, if all you want to do is complain and make stuff up please do it some where else.

Isn't it time to shut this thread down since it's clear Briles is clearly not in consideration? It appears it's degenerated into innuendo and trolling.

Just a thought.

Isn't it time to shut this thread down since it's clear Briles is clearly not in consideration? It appears it's degenerated into innuendo and trolling.

Just a thought.

Are you on staff? No. Are you in a diner placing an order to a waitperson? No. So either report a rule violation or suspected issue when you see it, or post your "suggestion" in the feedback forum and not in a thread (just like the rules tell you to do) or just be still.

The peanut gallery post that takes this particularly useless form of OT distraction is something that you can get a week off for as it is a rule violation if we want to be strict about it.

The thread will be shut down when any moderator sees fit (durr--and might be any minute...or not).

Archived