Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Art Briles Philosophy- Why he's THE man for the Redskins. THE BRILES FILES!

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Yeah I get it from that aspect and it makes sense unless you look at his approach.

Means little of anything but of things I've been reading on the Bears DC tonight, I found this interesting: http://baylorlariat.com/2013/10/24/phil-bennett-bringing-the-heat-in-year-three/

It's a tad harsh to say they've totally neglected the defensive side when they hired and gave control to such an experienced 3 decade guy. And FWIW, the also spent a bot of time this past off season with the Steelers staff looking at their 34 and integrating what they could into their base 4-2-5 scheme. 

Hail. 

Lets not hire a college coach cause they have no experience.

Lets not hire an old hat cause they won't have the fire.

Lets not hire an Offensive HC cause he won't fix the defense.

Lets not hire a Defensive HC cause he will won't care about the offense or RG3's development.

......... so I guess we all know who the next HC will be?

Rich Bisaccia. < not my choice. Process of elimination by fan emotion.

Means little of anything but of things I've been reading on the Bears DC tonight, I found this interesting: http://baylorlariat.com/2013/10/24/phil-bennett-bringing-the-heat-in-year-three/

It's a tad harsh to say they've totally neglected the defensive side when they hired and gave control to such an experienced 3 decade guy. And FWIW, the also spent a bot of time this past off season with the Steelers staff looking at their 34 and integrating what they could into their base 4-2-5 scheme. 

Hail. 

That's a step.  But my whining is more about the two units working in concert with one another.

If you are going to score all of these points, build up the pass rush and the secondary. 

I just haven't seen any concert in the 10 years plus of him being a head coach.  The really good ones have that vision and he hasn't had it. 

Either your defense does X to support the offenses Y or the offense Z supports the defnese L,M,N,O, P.  :lol:  (sorry, teaching your nephew and niece the alphabet sucks).

Either your defense does X to support the offenses Y or the offense Z supports the defnese L,M,N,O, P.  :lol:  (sorry, teaching your nephew and niece the alphabet sucks).

Well being as your trying to teach them ENGLISH I think I've spotted your first flaw. 

It's z(ed) not z(ee). 

I'm here all night for future teaching skills on the Queens own.  :D

Carry on. 

Hail. 

So the team goes out and picks up J.D. Walton from guess where? Baylor, and now Gettis from guess where? Baylor. Might as well run the Baylor offense. ;)

It looks like Gettis had an an achillis injury, so if he can come back to how he looked in college and how he looked with the Panthers I'll be somewhat happy.

So the team goes out and picks up J.D. Walton from guess where? Baylor, and now Gettis from guess where? Baylor. Might as well run the Baylor offense. ;)

It looks like Gettis had an an achillis injury, so if he can come back to how he looked in college and how he looked with the Panthers I'll be somewhat happy.

Oh, conspiracy theorists of the World unite!  :lol:

And we also have a QB from guess where?  :P

Hail. 

Let me tell you why Briles isn't coming here GHH. Because the Redskins are trying to rid themselves of the circus that is/was. They hire Briles and that circus remains only there will be more elephants in Allen's office. He's already concerned about the media's perception of the team and that's a FACT. He called in Chris Russell last week to ask how they can improve the perception of the tea through the media.

Deny it all you want, but the perception right now is that III thinks he's bigger then the team and there is no doubt in my mind that his teammates have an issue with that. You hire Briles and you are already affecting the locker room in a negative way because of the aforementioned perception.

Sorry GHH, but this organization needs more then an X's and O's guy. They need a leader, a motivator and a guy that the WHOLE team can look up to, respect and want to play for. You're not looking at the big picture.

Sorry GHH, but this organization needs more then an X's and O's guy. They need a leader, a motivator and a guy that the WHOLE team can look up to, respect and want to play for. You're not looking at the big picture.

You both just described Briles and have no idea what the overriding locker room reaction would be there KG.

Aside from the fact I personally believe you're WAY off base with how 10 is viewed internally, players buy into success. Briles is a players coach who makes it fun whilst being fully professional and brings success. What makes you think that wouldn't go down well?

This external perception is getting WAY over blown. The mediots can write what they like. This time they wouldn't be enabled from within the organisation. And if we come out winning, the voices of the likes of Jenkins would get less and less.

You appear, at least on the face of it, to be letting public perception and highly dubious rumours that Robert isn't liked to dismiss a viable candidate.

Is that how you'd really like Bruce and co to conduct this search?

Hail.

Sorry GHH, but there is way too much smoke not to be a fire. Is everything said about III true? Doubt it. Are there some truths to the perception(s)? I think so.

Bruce is conducting his search EXACTLY how I had hoped. Many candidates and hoping to find the right fit.

Let me tell you why Briles isn't coming here GHH. Because the Redskins are trying to rid themselves of the circus that is/was. They hire Briles and that circus remains only there will be more elephants in Allen's office. He's already concerned about the media's perception of the team and that's a FACT. He called in Chris Russell last week to ask how they can improve the perception of the tea through the media.

Deny it all you want, but the perception right now is that III thinks he's bigger then the team and there is no doubt in my mind that his teammates have an issue with that. You hire Briles and you are already affecting the locker room in a negative way because of the aforementioned perception.

Sorry GHH, but this organization needs more then an X's and O's guy. They need a leader, a motivator and a guy that the WHOLE team can look up to, respect and want to play for. You're not looking at the big picture.

Most likely your right, but, what do you care more about?

Perception of the Redskins?

or

RG3 having an excellent showing next year?

Me personally, I'd think it would be RG3 having a HC he gets along with, a system/scheme he understands well, and him taking the team to the play offs again. I just heard on the radio today many believe that RG3's third year is critical. If he has another bad showing .... he's doomed and the team goes looking for another QB. I'm just saying, I could care less what the media and fan base thinks as long as whatever choice I made brought results cause we all know that if the team does well next year and makes it to the play offs... no one will care about perception.

So hypothetically speaking, you rule out a viable candidate who you may think is the best man for the job and whom your bringing in for the long term good of the team and not one guy; down to both perceived public perception and a perceived notion off that that it is for one guy who already isn't well liked in the locker room? A locker room that will doubtless undergo a big turnover regardless of who gets the gig.

And let's say for the sake of argument 10 isn't liked and his teammates feel it would be a move to placate him. How is that different from the perception of hiring a coach for a player? (Which is utter bunking IMHO but I'll play.). Aren't you then making a coaching choice off other players views? And by association doing exactly the same thing?

Talk about limiting your chances and bring detrimental to your organisation by pandering to external voices.

We have WHOLLY differing views here KG.

I just hope, be it Briles or whomever gets the nod, Bruce isn't factoring in public perception in any way, shape or form to deprive this team of potentially the best man for the position.

Hail.

See by that mere assertion to me your listening to external voices KG.

But hey, as I think your making a mountain out of a molehill as regards the whole Baylor connection between Coach and QB (no question it would be an outside side issue from fans and mediots alike. But I don't see it being half the internal issue personally); then I guess there is little more you can 'tell me.'

Hail.

It's not about the "external voices" to me GHH. It's about bringing in a neutral voice as HC and not catering to III. If you don't think his teammates would view it as just that than I don't know what to tell you.

Only on our team it's looked down upon for catering to the success of your franchise QB. Every other franchise they would call that a smart move but for us it's the dumbest thing ever, for us the media tells us we should pick a coach without RGIII's input and tell him shut up you'll run whatever offense he wants even if it doesn't fit your style....... 

Guys stop paying attention to the media they would only bash us because we're 3-13 if we start winning games they'll say "Tonight on NFLLive on ESPN we'll tell you why we think the hiring of Art Briles was the smartest thing Snyder has ever done." hahaha

He called in Chris Russell last week to ask how they can improve the perception of the tea through the media.

Pre warm teapot and cups, once 'brewed' tea in first then sugar if taken, give it a good mix, then milk last, light mix again = perfect tea.  If the Redskins served tea like that (obviously with good biscuits - a good shortbread if you can, chocolate hob nob if you can't) the media would RAVE about it :)

asked before, i'll ask again:

is briles name being mentioned for any other job in the league? 

if not, i guess ghh and the 'skins just have everyone else outsmarted.

i don't know ghh very well, but i do know that the 'skins aren't usually the ones outsmarting the rest of the league.

asked before, i'll ask again:

is briles name being mentioned for any other job in the league? 

if not, i guess ghh and the 'skins just have everyone else outsmarted.

i don't know ghh very well, but i do know that the 'skins aren't usually the ones outsmarting the rest of the league.

What in the wide World of Sports does that make a difference to anything?

We have to be pursuing guys other teams want? That makes absolutely zero sense to me. 

What relevance pertaining to ourselves does another teams interest in a guy/ media linking him somewhere have exactly in who we chose to look at?

Hail. 

Or it might just be that we like what a particular candidate has to offer, we share his vision and think he fits exactly what we require. 

Sorry Major, to suggest we in effect have to follow like sheep what everyone else is doing and only be interested in names other ball clubs are or the media are banding around with them is a completely asinine concept to me whichever way I look at it. 

Man, how many guys who went on to have decent careers and better as pro HC's over the years that got their shot out of nowhere wouldn't have if their respective first employers just went with a 'name?'

You hire the best guy for YOU. NOT what others perceive you should be doing or to follow some trend going on. 

Hail. 

Or it might just be that we like what a particular candidate has to offer, we share his vision and think he fits exactly what we require. 

Sorry Major, to suggest we in effect have to follow like sheep what everyone else is doing and only be interested in names other ball clubs are or the media are banding around with them is a completely asinine concept to me whichever way I look at it. 

Man, how many guys who went on to have decent careers and better as pro HC's over the years that got their shot out of nowhere wouldn't have if their respective first employers just went with a 'name?'

You hire the best guy for YOU. NOT what others perceive you should be doing or to follow some trend going on. 

Hail. 

Would that be the best guy for the team or the best guy for Griffin?

If Briles somehow was hired [ which I doubt ], and the Redskins don't improve, both of them and Snyder will be ridiculed to no end.

Would that be the best guy for the team or the best guy for Griffin?

If Briles somehow was hired [ which I doubt ], and the Redskins don't improve, both of them and Snyder will be ridiculed to no end.

He'd be hired for the team. Having already turned Robert into Baylor's only Heisman winner along with Montgomery is just an added bonus. 

There's a pertinent post over the page that basically points out (paraphrasing) only in Washington would there be a question in giving your franchise QB the best possible arena to succeed. 

Hail. 

Archived