Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Art Briles Philosophy- Why he's THE man for the Redskins. THE BRILES FILES!

Gibbs Hog Heaven

BY having a COACH who installed a Read-Option Offense TAYLORED to his SKILL SET,that OTHER TEAMS WERE NOT PREPARED TO DEFEND..And what does he do????? "I want to be like Arron Rogers", SCRAP THAT OFFENSIVE CONCEPT to one that he DOES NOT have the SKILLSET to OPERATE..THEN GET THE INOVATIVE COACH FIRED....Lobbied for His College Coach with his FATHER......Ya..THIS is gonna end well.

88c0b96ca5b23b9fad7619fd590d7e9a.jpg

Now you make him mad goskins. This thread will be open for years, just to spite you.  :ols: (Oh how I miss the old smileys  :()

It isn't the same at all w/o the old smileys. Of course we all know that one of my many "posting issues" is a pathological use of smileys. 

:huh:  :blink:  :wacko:  :mellow:

:lol:

It isn't the same at all w/o the old smileys. Of course we all know that one of my many "posting issues" is a pathological use of smileys. 

:huh:  :blink:  :wacko:  :mellow:

:lol:

Yep.  Missing the :ols: :doh: :jerk: the most.

Actually, that kind of sounds like the end of a bad date if you know what those smileys were.

Oh, and on topic: Don't shut it down.  The Twitters are talking about Briles again.

BY having a COACH who installed a Read-Option Offense TAYLORED to his SKILL SET,that OTHER TEAMS WERE NOT PREPARED TO DEFEND..And what does he do????? "I want to be like Arron Rogers", SCRAP THAT OFFENSIVE CONCEPT to one that he DOES NOT have the SKILLSET to OPERATE..THEN GET THE INOVATIVE COACH FIRED....Lobbied for His College Coach with his FATHER......Ya..THIS is gonna end well.

Please elaborate?

Hate to bust your Briles bubble, but his scheme will get Griffin buried in the NFL. It may seem somewhat attractive, but the game is much different in the NFL than in college, and I'm not so sure Briles could adjust; one thing he would have to do is change the field surface to artificial to even get a decent chance, but its a much different game in the NFL, and I just don't see him fitting in, and I think he knows it.

JLC did one heck of a sales job on this for Briles, however

Look for NFL-related stories on Baylor Football to be leaked through JLC going forward

Jason La CanforaVerified account‏@JasonLaCanfora 18m

And also with the Redskins coaching search, I continue to hear they have interest in Baylor's Art Briles

llama-happy.jpg

Hate to bust your Briles bubble, but his scheme will get Griffin buried in the NFL. It may seem somewhat attractive, but the game is much different in the NFL than in college, and I'm not so sure Briles could adjust; one thing he would have to do is change the field surface to artificial to even get a decent chance, but its a much different game in the NFL, and I just don't see him fitting in, and I think he knows it.

just like Kelly's scheme

Please elaborate?

Mechanics...ball velocity in tight spaces (#INT's), holding the ball too long..saw a 3.4 sec stat, no progression read...It was obvious he needed work.....I'm not sayin he CAN'T do it..I'm saying he couldn't do WHAT he WANTED/Demanded at that point in time. Kyle was praised as a genius for the pistol application last year...now which is he?? This is MY opinion and I don't care what others say...this is based on my perceptions..you are welcome to enjoy yours as you see it.

What is funny is MOST of you guys never saw GOOD Redskins teams...George Allen's 70's and THOSE SPECIAL TEAMS WERE SPECIAL, the players, Pat Fisher, Chris Hanburger, Talbert, Sonny and Billy, Charlie Taylor, Gibbs 1.0...Hogs, Riggo, Fun bunch, Butz, Coleman...

Sundays were FUN....Shanny had a BUNCH of below average, OLD, me-first players and botched draft picks (Kelly,Davis). He had a cruddy roster...I for one liked his no nonsense, my way, hard nosed management..compared to the previous HC's..given the FA penalty..5 years wasn't long enough...and don't compare to the Eagles turnaround..Reid could pick players..

I just HOPE Jones doesn't let Garrett's contract expire and hires Shanny (I don't think Mike would work with Jerry UNLESS he really wanted to stick it to Dan...)

Shanny had a BUNCH of below average, OLD, me-first players and botched draft picks (Kelly,Davis). He had a cruddy roster...I for one liked his no nonsense, my way, hard nosed management..compared to the previous HC's..given the FA penalty..5 years wasn't long enough...and don't compare to the Eagles turnaround..Reid could pick players..

Shanny's biggest failure was player acquisition.  Five years or ten would not have made a difference.  The second was some of his coaches were not that good and overall were criticised for their lack of teaching ability.

Shanny's biggest failure was player acquisition.  Five years or ten would not have made a difference.  The second was some of his coaches were not that good and overall were criticised for their lack of teaching ability.

Look no further then Denver for more proof of that. Also hired young guys not yet qualified for a lot of the asst. positions. I was wrong about Shanny, I thought he turned a corner with player acquisition, the Gettis and LeRib picks altered my view.

Mom always liked him better.  The offensive guys always get the love. :lol:

Mom knows big brother knows best. 

It's a first born thang. But we'll always love you too kiddo'.  :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, you take a weeks vacation and all sorts of crazy steam in on the back of a bad bowl outing. 

Pointless responding to those that STILL don't get what Briles does, despite countless posts trying to help (gimmicky air raid? Really?); but a few things have amused me catching up. (Not worth going over the state of Baylor 6 years ago to now again. That's lost on anyone that doesn't want to listen.,).

Age. Why is this specific to Briles? MANY have openly wanted (and still do) any of Bisaccia (53 years of age)/ Caldwell (58)/ Grimm (54)/ Danny Smith (60)/ Lovie Smith (55)/ Zimmer (57) etc etc, yet Art is deemed WAY too old at 58. 

Penalties: This year's shocking 120 aside, Baylor have come in 41st, 29th, 3rd, 12th, and 32nd respectively. Two poor years, 4 pretty much in line with the middle of the pack. Aside from the fact they run way more plays than most and by natural association increase the chance of being penalised more, don't be fooled by this years Nation high penalty count. 

'If RGIII wasn't here Briles wouldn't be mentioned': Can't speak for others, but I guess anyone saying that has neither read the OP and subsequent great additions from the likes of KD, dg, Ll and others; nor has watched much of what has been evolving down in Waco. Robert being Baylor's only Heisman winner under Briles and Montgomerys tutelage is just the cherry on the top. But most if not all (excluding the lazy mediots) are blown away by his character, leadership, and innovative, game changing concepts that have adapted to what ever circumstance he's found himself in. The RGIII connection as the only reason is just weak sauce. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the thread needing to be shut down, or Briles ruling himself out, that is neither for me to say in the first instance and one I must of missed in the second. 

Unless something has changed as I type this, we haven't presently got a HC in place. So EVERYBODY mentioned is still as viable candidate as the next. I may of read him wrong, but just because a guy puts out a statement as regards his current position saying he's not 'actively seeking' other opportunity's, isn't to say he wouldn't be interested in them if they came along. 

So if the recent silliness has stopped, let's get back to the good discussion and see what the future brings us. 

Hail. 

Archived