Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Art Briles Philosophy- Why he's THE man for the Redskins. THE BRILES FILES!

Gibbs Hog Heaven

If the Redskins were to go the college coach route, I would much prefer to see Stoops. Watching Baylor's offense, I see a lot of the same concepts the Redskins ran from the with RG here, except from shotgun/spread formations and at a higher tempo. That offense was effective Rob's first year, but not nearly as effective last year, and is very reliant on RG3s abilities as a runner to open things up for the offense.

re: Kelly

I think McCoy, and Jackson really allowed for that offense to flourish, and question how it would perform without two of the most talented "speed" skill players. Not to mention, defenses will now have a year of film and an offseason to study the Eaglies tendencies. It will be interesting to see how the offense evolves over the next few years.

Those against would have more depth.

I'm sure he'd love to come back to the NFL as a defensive coordinator.

I went through and looked at his defensive rankings for UCLA since he's been there.

When he took over they were like 110.  Then in his first year they were in the 70s.  Then this year they were in the 50s.

Not bad at all.  Especially with the variety of offenses they have to deal with out there in the Pac 12.

Yeah but those for have more brains, and would out scheme those dummies coming in off the bench. First we sew our flags into our shorts, by the time you guys figure that out we are up by 21, hahaa. I don't care either way, if he does come here I want a real DC with him. I think right now Bruce hires an NFL coordinator and builds from there. His buck stops here statement means he is taking charge,,, the CSN article was pretty telling IMO..... http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/redskins-coaching-search-reset-010314

But really, the only reason Briles is even getting mentioned anywhere is cuz RG3's here.  No other pro team is really knocking down his door to make him their head coach.  I don't think Briles is such a coaching savant that he's the only guy that can do anything with RG3.  

Yeah but those for have more brains, and would out scheme those dummies coming in off the bench. First we sew our flags into our shorts, by the time you guys figure that out we are up by 21, hahaa. I don't care either way, if he does come here I want a real DC with him. I think right now Bruce hires an NFL coordinator and builds from there. His buck stops here statement means he is taking charge,,, the CSN article was pretty telling IMO..... http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/redskins-coaching-search-reset-010314

Yeah... speaking of flags :lol:

Rotoworld blurb:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9280/art-briles

Baylor coach Art Briles plans to stay at the university.

A ten-point loss by the sixth-ranked Bears to No. 15 Central Florida in the Fiesta Bowl probably sapped what interest the NFL had in Briles. Baylor was favored by three scores. He was loosely connected to the Redskins' head-coaching vacancy. There were also reports the Texas Longhorns were interested in Briles.

I love how the call him a "Center" instead of a coach.  :lol:

Is briles name coming up for other NFL jobs?

Does it need to? Cuz I'm sure all great coaches were sure things when they were hired right?

& I still don't see how going a different route, as long as diligence is done, is a bad thing considering we've pretty much tried & failed at everything else.

This whole..."oh no...hire Dick Vermeil before Briles please!!! I know so little about him it must be a terrible choice!" Is so amusing at this point. It's like being scared of the number 13. No rationale behind it...just plain old fear.

Ps...same thing O'Brien said right? Key term??? PURSUE. Sure...He won't go looking. ..but if someone comes calling his way???

This thread is full of fail. We were never going to hire the guy.

Wait, 26 pages of fail, speculation, hope, dreams, criticism and in the end, nothing but plain old ZERO.

The off season, and all the threads that go with it, unofficially started with this thread.

If the Redskins were to go the college coach route, I would much prefer to see Stoops. Watching Baylor's offense, I see a lot of the same concepts the Redskins ran from the with RG here, except from shotgun/spread formations and at a higher tempo. That offense was effective Rob's first year, but not nearly as effective last year, and is very reliant on RG3s abilities as a runner to open things up for the offense.

I don't see any real similarities between Baylor's offense and the offense we ran last year. Redskins: condensed formation, 1 TE, 2 WR, 2 RB base personnel, pistol-read option, run first. Baylor: spread formation (extreme), 4 WR 1 RB base personnel, shotgun zone-read, pass first, up-tempo.

Archived