Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Man, we're doomed.  Doomed.  The people he listens to and respects are a who's who of "what the hell, man".  

We're all supposd to come together, but the people he listens to want nothing of the sort.

I disagree. They definitely want us to come together

After we defeat the lizard people from Planet X

5 minutes ago, twa said:

That liberals are starting to value the opinion of Beck and McMullin gives me hope.

Who next...the National Review?  

:rofl89:

Hey, when some on the right go hook, line, and sinker for Alex Jones and Steve Bannon, Beck and McMullin look like Murrow and Lincoln in comparison :wacko:

Overall there’s a creeping sense that we’re stuck with Trump and we should make it “work” in some type of do-goody liberal appeal to patriotism.

But this is wrong, both tactically and ethically. Trump isn’t normal and he should never be treated as such, regardless of what President Obama and Clinton and Sanders say. These people are politicians, bound by a different covenant. The media, namely progressive media, is subject to no such charge. The overall message of normalizing Trump is that you can steamroll women, LGBT people, the disabled, Muslims, and people of color, yet everything will be okay so long as you win. Indeed, when asked if he thought his rhetoric had gone too far, Trump responded, “No, I won.” This is the logic of a fascist, and liberals are acquiescing to him by pivoting to “Trump as our kooky uncle” normalization mode.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/14/the-media-is-starting-to-normalize-donald-trump-and-it-should-make-you-very-scared/

Some of y'all are seriously kidding yourselves, you ALREADY saw the "kinder, gentler" Donald

1 hour ago, twa said:

That liberals are starting to value the opinion of Beck and McMullin gives me hope.

Who next...the National Review?  

:rofl89:

That liberal rag? 

“National Review and The Weekly Standard,” he said, “are both left-wing magazines, and I want to destroy them also.” -- Bannon

7 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I was hoping for at least a tax cut if I gotta deal with Trump.

This however represents a major tax increase!

The blue lines represent current rates. The orange lines represent where you would be under Trump. Incomes from 75k through 231k will see major increases 

He is the gift that keeps on giving

8 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

That liberal rag? 

“National Review and The Weekly Standard,” he said, “are both left-wing magazines, and I want to destroy them also.” -- Bannon

And the the rep and dem parties. :ols:

So.. is there a reason every topic is getting lumped into this thread?  So much stuff from the election... and the thread jumps fast. 

I want to post some specific articles re: denographics, rural America vs. urban Americaa split... on their own.  But still lots of noise and shouting.

9 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

The blue lines represent current rates. The orange lines represent where you would be under Trump. 

Lol. So if he does pass a huge infrastructure spending bill, not only will his wealthy buddies likely get the contracts for construction, the vast majority of the upper middle class will be forced to enrich all of them while the wealthy themselves pay very little as a percentage into the tax pool.

Trump and his cronies are going to full on exploit just how little the public cares about the important details on government and policy.

Just now, Fergasun said:

So.. is there a reason every topic is getting lumped into this thread?  So much stuff from the election... and the thread jumps fast. 

I want to post some specific articles re: denographics, rural America vs. urban Americaa split... on their own.  But still lots of noise and shouting.

If there is a major politics related topic that is interesting in and of its own, I usually just start a thread about it accompanied by an article.

Congressional republicans should look to impeach Trump on day 1. Launch investigations into his Russia connections, his finances, etc. It should be beyond clear by now that they cannot control him, and they've got their dream president sitting in the #2 chair. They obviously wouldn't have any problem getting Dems to go along with it.

28 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

The blue lines represent current rates. The orange lines represent where you would be under Trump. 

With no head of household category, single-parent families might take a beating. 

Otherwise it looks slightly favorable until you get to higher incomes who make out like bandits - From NPR: 

Wasn't increased taxes on the wealthy another campaign promise  - now broken?

Top Earners Would See Bigger Tax Cuts Under Trump Plan

Effective marginal income tax rates on wages and salaries would be reduced by about 2 percentage points, on average, under Donald Trump’s tax plan compared to current law, the Tax Policy Center says. The top 0.1 percent of earners would see a cut of over 7 percentage points, but those with the lowest incomes would see less than a 1-percentage-point cut.

INCOME PERCENTILE

CURRENT RATE

PROPOSED RATE

TAX CUT (PERCENTAGE POINTS)
Lowest quintile 2.3 1.7 -0.6
Second quintile 15.6 14.9 -0.8
Middle quintile 19.2 17.5 -1.7
Fourth quintile 20.1 18.5 -1.7
Top quintile 31.1 27.9 -3.2
Top 1 percent 38.8 32.3 -6.5
Top 0.1 percent 39.5 32.2 -7.3

Archived