Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Just now, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Just thinking, I wish I had some power/pull/influence. I'd organize a Million Immigrant March on the Inauguration. Really think that could be powerful. I'd want to involve Black folks though so I'm not sure about the immigrant theme. Million Dreamers March, marching for the American Dream? Something like that.

I really am feeling like inauguration will be the ugliest in history. Even uglier than the 2001 inauguration.

There are going to be thousands upon thousands coming to DC to protest President Trump. 

3 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I really am feeling like inauguration will be the ugliest in history. Even uglier than the 2001 inauguration.

There are going to be thousands upon thousands coming to DC to protest President Trump. 

There is a million women march the day after inauguration. It's going to be massive.

26 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Trump's vote was roughly the same as Romney and McCain, Hillary's was 9 million less than Obama's.  One could say that a great many people wanted to vote for a black candidate, which I am sure is true, but I am also sure that a few million Bernie supporters stayed home.   She was a poor candidate that didn't inspire the left in 2008, and only got more warts in the last 8 years.

I dont think that's necessarily true.  There's about 7-8 million uncounted votes, mostly from Democratic strongholds on the coasts that Hillary wound up winning anyway.  She very well could wind up with roughly the same amount Obama got in 2012 when all the absentee and provisional ballots get counted.  Votes weren't her problem, geography was.  She got plenty of votes, she just didnt get them where she needed them.

I think the narrative that she didnt get Dens out to vote is a red herring.

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont think that's necessarily true.  There's about 7-8 million uncounted votes, mostly from Democratic strongholds on the coasts that Hillary wound up winning anyway.  She very well could wind up with roughly the same amount Obama got in 2012 when all the absentee and provisional ballots get counted.  Votes weren't her problem, geography was.  She got plenty of votes, she just didnt get them where she needed them.

I think the narrative that she didnt get Dens out to vote is a red herring.

I've said it before, perfect storm. In time, I think we'll see how perfect it was. Not implying "rigging", just how circumstance and psychology and timing did it. 

2 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

The second black men start open carrying and exercising their 2A rights in red America, we'll see gun control laws quickly enacted.

I have often thought of starting "Muslim2A" as a 501c org to encourage more American born Muslims to exercise their 2A rights

When I contacted the NRA about this, they weren't really interested in helping 

Yup, that's the NRA. "Why can't we stop the decline in gun ownership rates?" :ols:

17 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

I agree, and how dare you give him that title!  He's just Trump.  (I meant that to be sarcastic, not an attack, btw...but I will probably never put that title in front of his name.  He's got a long ****in' way to go to earn it, imo.)

13 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

There is a million women march the day after inauguration. It's going to be massive.

I could merge it with a visit home.

I'd be making my dad proud, that I'm willing to stand with others for the rights granted to us almost a half-century ago. 

8 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Nothing says "combat ready" like 5" heels!

I think Navy coraframs are still 2"...but we didn't march in 'em, ffs:ols:

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I agree, and how dare you give him that title!  He's just Trump.  (I meant that to be sarcastic, not an attack, btw...but I will probably never put that title in front of his name.  He's got a long ****in' way to go to earn it, imo.)

Hate to break this to you but he has already earned it -  the same way every other person who was elected to that office earned it (admittedly there are other ways to earn it - Ford, Johnson, Truman and so on).

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Hate to break this to you but he has already earned it -  the same way every other person who was elected to that office earned it (admittedly there are other ways to earn it - Ford, Johnson, Truman and so on).

He hasn't earned it until inauguration.  Until then, it's President-elect Trump.

Ok, I've got friends on facebook hollering that Bannon as a white nationalist is all a liberal media driven false narrative. (Apparently Evan McMullin is a liberal)

That said, please post your articles of evidence and please bear in mind that articles from MotherJones et al WILL be summarily disregarded. Please quote this post so that I can find them.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

I want to say this but don't want to get put on some watch list. But I hope no one tries to "get him", as a Dem, things are bad enough as it is. Something like that would make things a whole lot uglier in an instant. 

Wouldn't matter. Pence may even be worse. That said, the more I see of how President Trash is the darling of the white supramacist movement, the more I think the GOP establishment won't let him finish out his term to avoid damaging their brand. I'm thinking he'll be impeached in a couple of years, tops. 

Archived