Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

24 minutes ago, Barney B said:

OK, so if the Democrats continue to ignore the working class, then at least they'll have somebody they can blame for the apocalypse. 

I know, right? We're already hearing the rising whiny narrative how the left is responsible for this, the Democrats made this happen, Obama set the stage, blacks didn't vote, etc., etc. and so on.

I tried to laugh but nothing came out

The answer to "Who caused this tragedy?" is clear, Kristall clear, a campaign run by the alt-right Sturmbannführer with KKKGB rooting it along, the overt and open "White Nation" elements drooling at being "mainstreamed", the acceptance of each and every vile and hateful behavior known to mankind driving poll numbers, yeah, I see it now, those goddam lefty pinko fag commies screwed us again!

I can almost guarantee I have more firsthand, real life experience with white nationalists than anyone on here. There isn't a group alive that i hate more. They are the lowest form of life on the planet. They are the real threat to my way of life. They are the real threat to the country I love. The enemy within. I hated them and they hated me in turn. And I'll wear their hate as a badge of honor until the day I die.

I'm telling you all, you either crush them or you get crushed by them. They'll never stop trying to destroy you. You give them an ounce of breathing room and they'll jump all over you. You give them a moment of legitimacy and you won't know what hit you. I have no problems with the protests. Don't take your foot off their throat for one second. Not even for that first breath.

I plan on being at the Inauguration. Come what may.

1 minute ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I can almost guarantee I have more firsthand, real life experience with white nationalists than anyone on here. There isn't a group alive that i hate more. They are the lowest form of life on the planet. They are the real threat to my way of life. They are the real threat to the country I love. The enemy within. I hated them and they hated me in turn. And I'll wear their hate as a badge of honor until the day I die.

I'm telling you all, you either crush them or you get crushed by them. They'll never stop trying to destroy you. You give them an ounce of breathing room and they'll jump all over you. You give them a moment of legitimacy and you won't know what hit you. I have no problems with the protests. Don't take your foot off their throat for one second. Not even for that first breath.

I plan on being at the Inauguration. Come what may.

Of course you know you're just going to be dismissed as another whiny lefty that can't get with the plan, right? Even though you are 100% correct that these scum are worse than most even realize, they actually give the Deplorables a bad name but hey, will of the people and all, God's got a plan, yaddayaddabull****yadda

Here's a happy thought for you, how ya gonna feel when the Trumpzis decide to reduce prison populations by letting them all out? Since their relatives voted the right way and will vouch for 'em and all, and they're gonna want that capacity for real criminals, critical media, college professors, conversion deniers, those real threats to making Amerika great again.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

For all the gloom and doom, like the demise of the Republican party post 2012, reports of the demise of the Democratic party are greatly exaggerated. 

Same people that voted Trump into office, voted Obama into office. The Dems are winning the popular vote at the moment. Take heed of the things in that HBR article—it's the thing I noticed when I moved from DC to my current residence in an old steel/manufacturing town—people that work, i.e. working class, i.e. middle class—really resent the mostly white freeloaders. "Why should I work 40 hours and only have a marginally better life than those that just collect a gov't check."

I also kind of agree that we played it full Libtard with the social justice 'causes. I'm all for BLM and kneeling for the anthem but in retrospect it did alienate a good block of people ready to vote for Hillary. And I'm not kidding, there is a whole segment that believe that BLM is an artificial movement stirred up by the Democrats/Hillary—just as they feel that guys like Soros are funding the protests now. I don't know where the line is really. 

I worry that in the next cycle, they will heavily pander to these working class voters and it's going to come across tone deaf and patronizing. BE REAL—start bringing back meaningful work. But it's a catch 22. If you bring back manufacturing jobs—basic t-shirts will cost $40, TVs will cost $5000 instead of $300. The consumers don't want that. That'll probably trigger a price-wage spiral. Free marketeers/Republicans don't want that as it'll cut into profits. I don't know the answer but it won't be in the form of sound bite politics. 

Dems have turned their back on the working class in favor of the poor

the working class is much closer to the poor than academics running the Democratic Party and have radically different ideas about why they are poor, mainly because they themselves are usually one or two paychecks away from the breadlines

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

Dems have turned their back on the working class in favor of the poor

the working class is much closer to the poor than academics running the Democratic Party and have radically different ideas about why they are poor, mainly because they themselves are usually one or two paychecks away from the breadlines

The working class and the poor are the same thing now. They don't look at themselves that way, but they are. 

33 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Will you please show me where Obama has done ANYTHING similar that would cause him to own the violence snd destructiveness.

You won't listen, but saying Trayvon looked like he could be his son, sending Holder to Michael Brown's funeral are certainly 2 examples of taking sides on an issue that led to chaos.  

48 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

In rural central PA this is especially true as it is where you are. I had a feeling that all the vile spewed this election cycle would lead victory, was hoping not but alas it did. BTW, the vile was from both sides. I think the thing that really hurt her chances, was that as soon as she said "basket of deplorables" she was done...game, check, match. 

The article was great, and pointed out that class, not race as the primary issue. I know many white folks equally despise other white folks "living off the system". 

One other thing not brought up in the article but is often true of peoples' feelings in this area. Rural folks don't like the cities. There are many people in PA who hate Philly because of all the tax dollars that go there. There are many people that think if Philly, even Pittsburgh at times, were not part of the state; PA would not have the issues it does because of the freeloaders. Based on what I've seen I think a look at the electoral map across the country would confirm that feeling among rural voters. Rightly or wrongly, working class people feel this way about non workers.

Regarding the basket of deplorables comment, I think if she'd pulled a Trump and doubled down on it, she may have won over some of her base that stayed home. It was an ongoing narrative that she  wasn't as into black folks as she wanted to portray herself.

The rural areas crack me up with that foolishness. I hear quips about this from colleagues in rural areas frequently. However the fact is that a single metro area contributes 60% of the state's revenue and consumes about 40% of state revenue.

Since rural folks don't like us city types I figure they don't need our money. Therefore if I see that any mom and pop business I'm hiring is located in the boonies, they won't get my money. There are plenty of good businesses in a large metro area to be able to find good ones. I've let my landscaper go already. The neighbor behind us will replace his company at about a 25% savings to us. And if you'd like to make it about race I can only say that's lazy thinking. He's very much a white guy. We live in a part of town with a lot of old houses and a lot of so-called libs. I've told my neighbors about this idea via Nextdoor.com with a reasonable level of agreement. Hopefully many of them do follow through.

3 minutes ago, zoony said:

And that's the message that Dems have completely ****ed up

There's a lot of groupthink among that group and the GOP has been successful at absorbing more and more of it based on racial and cultural identity. The WWC has been getting raped by GOP-driven economic policies for decades but what's different about the last eight years? Why are people suddenly so angry? This is the first chance they've had to blame their problems on a gay-loving Muslim n*****. 50% Zoony. 50% of GOP voters hold racist views. It's really ****ing hard for Dems to get their economic message across to this group when that's what they are up against. 

12 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Since rural folks don't like us city types I figure they don't need our money. Therefore if I see that any mom and pop business I'm hiring is located in the boonies, they won't get my money. There are plenty of good businesses in a large metro area to be able to find good ones. I've let my landscaper go already. The neighbor behind us will replace his company at about a 25% savings to us. And if you'd like to make it about race I can only say that's lazy thinking. He's very much a white guy. We live in a part of town with a lot of old houses and a lot of so-called libs. I've told my neighbors about this idea via Nextdoor.com with a reasonable level of agreement. Hopefully many of them do follow through.

I feel you, but if the rural areas are not here, then how do we eat?

7 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Funny, I'm already hearing the same thing from people. "Oh, you went out of your way to send us big ole **** You?! No problem, no problem at all"

All politics are local and the heart of politics always comes down to peoples wallets. The great Red heartland thinks they can burn down the house in a tantrum of "Where's mine?" No problem. Don't know where yours is but it ain't in my pocket asshole. You can eat coal again today.

The Dems need to pander and bribe the WWC to act like adults (or even human beings?) to please please PLEASE get their votes? Nelson says HaHa!, it don't work that way fools, you asked for it, you got it, when and if any of the survivors want to crawl out of their tornado shelters and ask for help, they'll find people willing to offer it. If they're gonna sit in their SUPERDUPER ANTINIGGERRIOT bunkers and demand it? Good luck with that plan.

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I feel you, but if the rural areas are not here, then how do we eat?

Have you heard of urban gardening? Our neighbors have a goat and several chickens. I'm not saying that urban areas can be fully self-sufficient food-wise. However, between urban gardening and the fact that much of our food is imported and that JoeBob is in many cases owned by large corporate interests, Tyson immediately comes to mind, I'll take my chances on them deciding to not impoverish themselves.

6 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Funny, I'm already hearing the same thing from people. "Oh, you went out of your way to send us big ole **** You?! No problem, no problem at all"

All politics are local and the heart of politics always comes down to peoples wallets. The great Red heartland thinks they can burn down the house in a tantrum of "Where's mine?" No problem. Don't know where yours is but it ain't in my pocket asshole. You can eat coal again today.

The Dems need to pander and bribe the WWC to act like adults (or even human beings?) to please please PLEASE get their votes? Nelson says HaHa!, it don't work that way fools, you asked for it, you got it, when and if any of the survivors want to crawl out of their tornado shelters and ask for help, they'll find people willing to offer it. If they're gonna sit in their SUPERDUPER ANTINIGGERRIOT bunkers and demand it? Good luck with that plan.

Yup. Good luck to the exurban US communities if they want to give all of us in cities a middle finger. It's going to be bad news for them if and when liberals start coming around to the idea of federalism.

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Farmers are doing just fine and receive tons of government support at every level (as they should). Plus technology is making their lives a lot easier anyways.

thats not my point.

You can say, "well they wouldnt do anything with us City folk." But then ignore that those areas are where we get out food from. So you cant just say that.

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

I'm not saying that urban areas can be fully self-sufficient food-wise.

So since we can't, we also can't just dismiss them.

My point is its time to start listening and understanding them. Not excuse their crazy views, but listen to them and understand them and have them understand us.

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

My point is its time to start listening and understanding them. Not excuse their crazy views, but listen to them and understand them and have them understand us.

This makes a lot more sense than the looney tunes that are going on in this thread, people need to sack up and move on.

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Yup. Good luck to the exurban US communities if they want to give all of us in cities a middle finger. It's going to be bad news for them if and when liberals start coming around to the idea of federalism.

If liberals really start to feel federalism you are going to have 40% of this country in trouble.

If suddenly places like Houston, San Fran, Fairfax, Chicago, Milwaukee, NYC really want to keep their money locally and no longer be willing tax exporters, trouble is just starting 

1 minute ago, jschuck12001 said:

This makes a lot more sense than the looney tunes that are going on in this thread, people need to sack up and move on.

When I say listen and understand, that means that also means rural white people, need to start being empathetic to minorities as well and start understanding and listening.

35 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You won't listen, but saying Trayvon looked like he could be his son, sending Holder to Michael Brown's funeral are certainly 2 examples of taking sides on an issue that led to chaos.  

Trayvon Martin, you mean the unarmed kid who was shot dead by Zimmerman who got off on a murder charge because Florida is stupid? 

You cannot be serious. How in the heck did ANY of that endorse violence and rioting. Good god man! Trump has been blowing the racist dog whistle for years and you are saying that Obama is the same because of what again?

It's amazing to me that people lack so much discernment these days that they think that just because words are in the same font then that means they have the same weight. 

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I have actually had some of the best (yes the best!, terrific!) conversations with Trump voters the last week. I actually managed to get 1 to understand why Steve Bannon is unacceptable. 

Talking to people really helps, because it puts an actual face to real problems or real anxiety. I understand why Trump voters did *not* want Hillary in the White House and why they were giving a middle finger to the establishment. I think a few have started to get why I am expecting the worst under Trump 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

What has changed in America that makes people so unlikely to migrate for jobs? The last industrial boom saw a lot of people leaving rural Appalachia to settle into the manufacturing towns across middle America. These same towns are the ones that are struggling to cope with a changing world now.

Since we've gone through another major shift in how our economy and job market is structured, why the stagnation now?

the govt has made it easier for some to stay and not work.

you can blame that on whoever ya wish or say it is better

ask most immigrants their opinion.

Just now, SkinsHokieFan said:

If liberals really start to feel federalism you are going to have 40% of this country in trouble.

If suddenly places like Houston, San Fran, Fairfax, Chicago, Milwaukee, NYC really want to keep their money locally and no longer be willing tax exporters, trouble is just starting 

I can say for a fact that this idea has creeped into the minds of people working at prominent liberal think tanks in DC and will be a major point of conversation over the next four years.

They won't come out and say it explicitly, but local politics in cities are about to get really interesting. And it's not just government policies.

The kinds of things you saw in NC and IN with major businesses pulling out support because of bigotry is just the start. If Trump and his cronies want to create a swath of bigoted red states, they will feel the full force of US businesses pulling out their resources.

It's honestly the one thing that eases my nerves about Trump. The wealth centers of America are extremely liberal and won't stand for this backwards agenda.

1 minute ago, twa said:

the govt has made it easier for some to stay and not work.

Fair point.

ask most immigrants their opinion

I don't get this. Immigrants aren't moving to decaying communities and essentially Trump country is pretty much empty of recent immigrants. Ask their opinion of what?

49 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

There's a lot of groupthink among that group and the GOP has been successful at absorbing more and more of it based on racial and cultural identity. The WWC has been getting raped by GOP-driven economic policies for decades but what's different about the last eight years? Why are people suddenly so angry? This is the first chance they've had to blame their problems on a gay-loving Muslim n*****. 50% Zoony. 50% of GOP voters hold racist views. It's really ****ing hard for Dems to get their economic message across to this group when that's what they are up against. 

This term "racist"...

It's easy to lump into just one, but I don't think it is. 

There's a casual: person casually uses slurs in regular talk, but would never deny a person a job or promotion because of it

systematic/subconscious: person may publicly be okay with other races, but subconsciously may or may not hire/promote person of certain ethnicities because of prejudices.

fringe: KKK type racism

then fill in each degree in between. 

Archived