Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

I have two decisions this week:

Pick 3 of 5:  A. Brown vs Sea, R. Bush vs Bal, Z. Stacy vs NO, B. Rainey vs SF, S. Vereen @Mia

Starting QB? (RGIII was my starter): B. Rothlisberger vs Cin, J. Campbell vs Chi  (who would of thunk this question 5 years ago?)

Brown, Vereen for sure...then it gets a little tough.  If he's healthy (which I think he will be), I'd go Bush.

Big Ben.  I can see Andy Dalton putting up big points with AJ Green, Jones, Gresh, Sanu and Gio...steelers might have to sling it around to keep up.  A lot of fantasy "experts" think Campbell's performance last week was somewhat of a fluke, and don't see him doing that well in back to back games. 

Sigh. Course Denver's O craps out during championship time.

Yeah, I'm already an underdog in my playoff matchup, and Moreno not scoring much doesn't help.

I can only hope the Atlanta goes off a la KC, as I've got Ryan, Douglas and Gonzales.

Can't say I'm pulling for you because I need all TDs going to Julius Thomas.

It was actually a ploy at reverse psychology to get him to play Garçon. But he stuck with Decker which paid off anyways with only 6 points.

I just hope my last minute decision to stick with Cooper over Matthews in the flex role pays off as Matthews rolled again for 19 points.

Good week to have Welker out.

Hail.

Sigh. Course Denver's O craps out during championship time.

Manning and Moreno on my team :(

is eddie lacy playing this week? I hope not

Probably. He closed out the second half of the game last week despite suffering the sprain at the end of the first half, plus:

"I feel good about Eddie Lacy just as far as the feedback from the medical staff"- Mike McCarthy.

As a Packers fan, though, i hope we limit his snap count and work James Starks in a lot more than usual because he's looked good when given the chance this season and we don't need to run Lacy into the ground if we plan on making any noise in the post-season with a healthy Rodgers.

Had Rivers and Allen go last night.  Combined, okay but not great.  On paper I think I have a stronger team than my opponent and should still win particularly if the Bears have watched enough film and are going to simply refuse to let Gordon ball out again. 

So NFL.com just corrected it's stats for LeVeon Bell and I'm no longer in my leagues playoffs because of it.  I hate football so much.

That sucks.

But it could be worse.  From the last footballguys.com "Random shots" email:

You could have been a Nick Foles or Brent Celek owner.

If you are, this is the picture that will haunt you.

[pic of Celek sliding instead of scoring toward the end of the game, so the Eagles could kneel it out]

For you older guys, you won't be surprised to see Brian Westbrook liked the play.

Celek and Foles owners, not so much.

But none more so than some of the guys playing in the FanDuel 3 Million Dollar FFFC Contest

I had the good fortune to attend the event in Las Vegas this past weekend with 50 owners competing in a one day event where the winner walked away with a 1 Million Dollar first prize plus a ride home in a private jet. Second place was $300,000 and third place was $100,000. The owner who finished in third place was a Foles owner. Celek taking the knee cost him a cool $200,000.

That's the hardest of hard luck.  I wanted to throw up and I didn't have a penny on the line.

Little disappointed in Rivers and Allen last night. They had 33.5 points for me at half time. Finished with 36.9. Overall, I can't complain too much because they both played pretty well and my opponent had Demaryius Thomas. But when they had 33 combined in the first half, I was hoping they could get close to 50.

man oh man...unless you had rivers or allen, fantasy players workd wide got hosed.

eric decker two weeks ago, 43 points. eric decker last week, 19 points. eric decker last night, eith no wes welker, 6 points.

if anynody is wondering where i am, ill be in the bathtub with a bottle of zoloft and a razor....

kidding...but god DAMMIT.

man oh man...unless you had rivers or allen, fantasy players workd wide got hosed.

eric decker two weeks ago, 43 points. eric decker last week, 19 points. eric decker last night, eith no wes welker, 6 points.

if anynody is wondering where i am, ill be in the bathtub with a bottle of zoloft and a razor....

kidding...but god DAMMIT.

I tried to tell you guys to go Keenan Allen over Decker lol. 

I can see why you would go the other way though.

I tried to tell you guys to go Keenan Allen over Decker lol. 

I can see why you would go the other way though.

believe me man, if I had Allen, I would've started him LOL. 

As a fantasy football manager, I feel I made the right decision, starting Decker over Garcon.  No welker, Chargers pass defense is one of the worst in the league.  **** happens, and now I'm on suicide watch because of it.

GHH, I hate your face!!!

888.gif

Picked up Tannehill and Cousins to replace McCown and RG3. Starting RT this week, and depending on how ATL game goes, KC against Dallas, and play it by ear Week 17.

Fortunately this team had RG3 the whole year and still pulled an 8-5 record despite some crappy games from him, so I'm really not concerned at the QB position.

Picked up Tannehill and Cousins to replace McCown and RG3. Starting RT this week, and depending on how ATL game goes, KC against Dallas, and play it by ear Week 17.

Fortunately this team had RG3 the whole year and still pulled an 8-5 record despite some crappy games from him, so I'm really not concerned at the QB position.

I was able to go 9-4 with RG3, Spiller, TRich, and Randall Cobb. Also traded for Roddy and Amendola mid-season. How I pulled is off, I'll never know. Playing for a title birth and looking good. Down 15-28, but the other guy had Rivers, Thomas and Thomas go against my Allen.

start two RBs...

Matt Forte and

<Andre Ellington> or  <Andre Brown> or <CJ Spiller>

and one TE:

<Charles Clay> or <Delanie Walker>

scoring TDs is ALL that matters in my league

(I have Andre Johnson... his constant line of 12 catches for 160 yards and no TDs pisses me off every week!)

Archived