Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

ya i just saw that lol

oh, i have Tucker in my league ;)

I had Tucker on 3 teams this week. Put up 170 on one of those teams. My only non-double digit player? Eric ****ing Decker!

Edit: btw, the league I'm in scores FGs like this:

Up to 39 yards - 3 points

40-49 yards - 4 points

50+ yards - 5 points

Extra point - 1 point

Tucker had TWENTY-THREE points! Lol

This by far my best fantasy season no matter what happens this weekend. I was in 4 re-draft leagues and made the playoffs in all 4 and the Championship in 3. Had 4 dynasty league teams, made the playoffs in 3 and the championship in 1. As of right now, the least amonut of money I can come away with for the season is $860. Total investment, $370. Not bad!

Right now I'm scheduled to start Ben Tate vs Denver but I put a waiver claim in on Deangelo Williams vs NO. Tate's banged up- gotta go Williams right?

I also have a ton riding on the Redskins this week. My opponent has Dex AND Murray. I'm benching Romo sits to pee and hoping Dallas flops. Got Cousins and Garcon playing. 

I'm in three leagues a year (my 8 man league, cousins 10 man, friends 10 man).  I usually make the playoffs in every league.  This year I squeeked by in my friends league with the #7 seed (6-7 overall record).  My league and my cousins, I did horrible in and missed the playoffs.

I won my friends league (regular season and playoffs) in 2011, finished first in the regular season last year and got smoked in the playoffs round one (my entire roster had their worst games of the season at once).  This year I've rolled through the playoffs crushing the #2 seed and putting up over 200 points this week on the #3 seed.  

I play the #1 seed for the championship, he has Jamal Charles, thank God he got that performance out of his system lol.  But I'm guaranteed $50 if I lose, $200 if I win.  

Need a bit of help. Cousins vs Dallas or Rodgers vs Pit., assuming he plays.

Harry Douglass or Roddy White VS. 49ers. Not ideal, but don't have anyone better except for Golden Tate vs Ari, which is hard for me to trust.

KC defense vs Indy or Tennessee defense vs Jax.

Right now I'm scheduled to start Ben Tate vs Denver but I put a waiver claim in on Deangelo Williams vs NO. Tate's banged up- gotta go Williams right?

I also have a ton riding on the Redskins this week. My opponent has Dex AND Murray. I'm benching Romo sits to pee and hoping Dallas flops. Got Cousins and Garcon playing.

I am doing Williams over Tate as well, Denver has a great run D and Tate re injured his ribs again and isn't a lock to pla. When he was playing, he was so hot and cold, and Houston isn't trying hard anymore.

In my "money" work league (hard to call it that since it's only $5 a person)...Yahoo has me favored in the championship game by .06

Yep...point 06

117.98 to his 117.92

Never seen a projection that close.

I actually won a game earlier this year against the no.1 seed.... by .04 (4 yards). He had Antonio Gates and Eddie Royal on Monday Night Football.... down 4 points.

But that karma turned around on me later in the season. Anyways, I made it to the championship game as the no.2 seed (against the no.4 seed). He beat me 2 weeks ago -- one of those late season karma games. I`m hesitant to post this... because the last time I wrote in this thread, after starting 6-1... I ran off 3 losses in a row.

need help guys, i made it to the superbowl in my league (thank you jc). im going up against a good team tho, who should i start out of the 3 in the flex and out of the 3 in te?

flex

emmanuel sanders, hakeem nicks or pierre thomas?

TE

quarless (gb), fleener or zach miller (if my waiver claim goes through).

this league is a ppr and for flex its w/r/t.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In two championships out of two leagues.  I think I'm going to get torched in one and the other will probably be close.  It's going to come down to matchups, I think.

I'm dropping Cruz to pick up Greg Jennings.   Hopefully the transaction goes through.  I'm not even sure if Jennings will play for me at this point, but I like having a full and healthy roster if I can.

Me and GHH were talking all that trash about a championship rematch, and both of us got destroyed in the semi-finals.

NEVER known a fantasy week like it when virtually EVERY stud FAILED to turn up. 

The ES league was bad enough, losing by 73. 8 points. The record defeat I've ever suffered playing fantasy. And only Nick Foles saved that from being even worse. Megatron/ Gordon/ McCoy/ Vereen all virtually non-existent. Cooper was pitiful, and Fleener who I went with over Witten COMPLETELY took the week off and had zero catches off ONE target. Shockingly bad. And just to rub that one in, Brees had his worst week in living memory and yc STILL destroyed my pitiful ass. 

But to top it off, I lost 164.30- 152.60 in my other league semi, with again most everyone taking the week off. Megatron/ Gordon/ Moreno/ Vereen/ Amendola/ Spillar and even Reggie Bush all under scoring. It was only the KC D and a mega week from Foles who kept that remotely close. 

Top scorers in both leagues with 1897.86 and 2115 points respectively. 3rd/4th game finish in both. 

Don't mind admitting I'm truly stunned and knocked as I FULLY expected to win both match-up's. Congrats yc. That was an EPIC ass kicking. The worse I've ever taken. 

This weekend brought home yet again that Fantasy Football truly is like the NFL., On any given Sunday .....

Hail. 

my team sucks donkey spooge... but somehow i backed into the playoffs (Dallas' kicker basically outscored the whole league last week...and i had all the tiebreakers)

next week... Andre Brown (against a good D) or CJ Spiller  (against his own suckitude this year) ?

my lineup will be

QB Wilson

RB Forte and  ??Spiller??

WR Vince Jackson and Andre Johnson

TE  Delanie Walker

K  Dan Bailey

D/ST  Seattle

on the bench

RGIII, Andre Ellington, Andre Brown, Cruz, terrance Williams, Charles Clay, biornas, Texans D/ST

oh.. and i can't sign anyone...we have already passed our "moves deadline", and only scoring counts in our league (no yards or interseptions, or anyhting like that)

But to top it off, I lost 164.30- 152.60 in my other league semi, with again most everyone taking the week off. Megatron/ Gordon/ Moreno/ Vereen/ Amendola/ Spillar and even Reggie Bush all under scoring. It was only the KC D and a mega week from Foles who kept that remotely close.

He underperformed with 131 yards in your league? He was great in mine (PPR, so that's 10 points just in receptions).

He underperformed with 131 yards in your league? He was great in mine (PPR, so that's 10 points just in receptions).

13.10 points. Which actually has him down as my third best player on the week after Foles and Gordon so by that metric he did well I guess, lol. I was expecting more from him, Magatron and Gordon. Where NE REALLY screwed me was with Vereen. 

Hail. 

Made the championship in my league (3rd time in 4 years...and I'm 1-1 in champ games so far).  Plus I won the regular season, so I'm walking out with either $350 or $600 off my $75 buy-in.  Starting all my studs, probably only one lineup spot in question, but have to see how the rest of the week shakes out. 

Mostly I think it's way too early to start asking/answering questions, with no thursday night game. 

It's early, but I think this is a dangerous strategy.  Kirk is a big questionmark.  Romo sits to pee is a QB1.  You start your studs.  It doesn't matter who your opponent has.  Dallas has a lot to play for this week, and our defense is awful.  Their defense is awful too, but Kirk has fewer weapons, and a worse offensive line. 

You may very well be right at the end of the day, but Romo sits to pee is the smarter and safer play here for the championship game. 

It's early, but I think this is a dangerous strategy. Kirk is a big questionmark. Romo sits to pee is a QB1. You start your studs. It doesn't matter who your opponent has. Dallas has a lot to play for this week, and our defense is awful. Their defense is awful too, but Kirk has fewer weapons, and a worse offensive line.

You may very well be right at the end of the day, but Romo sits to pee is the smarter and safer play here for the championship game.

Right.. But I have to make up points here. If Romo sits to pee goes off and gets me 25-30 points I can guarantee Dez and Murray will combine for 40. And I lose despite a good game from Romo sits to pee.

Right.. But I have to make up points here. If Romo sits to pee goes off and gets me 25-30 points I can guarantee Dez and Murray will combine for 40. And I lose despite a good game from Romo sits to pee.

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree.  You don't have to make up points here.

If Romo sits to pee goes off, it might be because they went away from Murray again.  Or because Murray racked up a decent yardage total, but no TDs.  Or maybe it's because Witten killed us, and caught a few TDs, and DHall once again shut down Dez.  We've certainly been torched by Witten before.  And have given up big games to #2 wrs.

More importantly, it ignores all the other starters, who can all make up points in their own right.  Surely you have a WR or a RB who is capable of a major day, right?  Think about it this way.  Let's say Romo sits to pee goes off and gets you 25 points and Dez and Murray combine for 40.  Now you're down 15, with 8 players to go and your opponent has 7 players to go.  Who knows what they might do?  That's not a guaranteed loss.  You're in a better position, if that happens, than if you started Cousins and he only got you 20 points. 

What you are talking about is a relatively common approach to lineup setting, but in my opinion a fundamentally flawed one.  Put on blinders.  Start the guys on your roster who you think will score the most points.  Pay no attention to who your opponent has and who they might start.  The only time I would consider who my opponent is playing is if it's the Monday night game, everyone else has already played, and the only way to legitimately come from behind and win is if...

Bliz- which do you consider more likely: Cousins to have more points than Romo sits to pee OR Romo sits to pee to have more points without going Murray or Dez having a big game? In your scenario, by the way, I'd be down 30 with 8 players to go since I'm already 15 in the hole. I definitely have guys that can have big games, but I think Cousins is the better play for me here. Higher upside certainly. 

Archived