Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

I would keep Bell and Graham. Graham gives you a huge advantage over any other team at TE. Julius Thomas is probably the next closest and then Gronk (if he can stay healthy). Outside of those 3, all the other TEs are pretty much the same IMO. Why not take the guy that gives you a sizable advantage over every other team at that position?

Bell makes more sense to me over Stacy. They just drafted Mason, so he will have some competition. Bell has no one really besides Blount. Give me the guy in the better situation there.

Okay that's 2/2 for Graham haha. I guess I just see it as a value thing. If I can keep Stacy for $20 ... and if I didn't keep him and he sold for, say, $45 ... then I get a $25 value on em. Graham costs me $41 ... so for the same value he would have to go for $66 which is insanely high. $41 is the most my league has ever spent on a TE by far, which is what I spent on him last year. Oh well ... got a couple months to figure it out! You're def. getting me thinking on it ... but I just can't see my league dropping more than $50 on Graham, and I'd be willing to spend that, since it's only $9 more than I'd keep him for.

So far the Auction breakdowns I have seen for my league's structure (the custom value) have Bell at like $53 and Stacy as $51 ... so keeping those two for $40 combined when their combined "purchase value" of $104 is hard to pass up!

Okay that's 2/2 for Graham haha. I guess I just see it as a value thing. If I can keep Stacy for $20 ... and if I didn't keep him and he sold for, say, $45 ... then I get a $25 value on em. Graham costs me $41 ... so for the same value he would have to go for $66 which is insanely high. $41 is the most my league has ever spent on a TE by far, which is what I spent on him last year. Oh well ... got a couple months to figure it out! You're def. getting me thinking on it ... but I just can't see my league dropping more than $50 on Graham, and I'd be willing to spend that, since it's only $9 more than I'd keep him for.

So far the Auction breakdowns I have seen for my league's structure (the custom value) have Bell at like $53 and Stacy as $51 ... so keeping those two for $40 combined when their combined "purchase value" of $104 is hard to pass up!

I understand the cost increasing, but like I said, you're getting a bonafide TE1. With no Sproles there, Graham's numbers can actually get better, which is scary. You can find ways to keep costs down by going cheap at RB and QB. QB is so deep this year that you can get guys like Romo, Kap, Wilson, Rivers and be completely fine, especially if you go QBBC.

• 3 weeks later...

What are everyone's thoughts on Adrian Peterson's decline in 2014? I recently read a few articles talking about the "cliff" for RBs being their age 28 or 29 season ... and this is his age 29 season. Almost every article I read says he's a lock top 3 RB this year and because it's AP he will avoid the cliff ... but I can't help but think he's got to be close. I have him in my keeper league. I can keep him for the very affordable $45 (he's going for an average of $58 in yahoo auctions right now). It should be a no-brainer, but I also have the ability to keep Zac Stacy and Le'Veon Bell for $20 each (going for $36 and $46 respectively in Yahoo). Those two seem much safer. Of course I could be kicking myself if AP has a monster year, and that wouldn't at all be shocking, but it still seems to be precariously close to the cliff to be allocating $45 for him this year...

watch out for Montee Ball in Denver.  Once Peyton puts up 21 points in the 1st quarter, they're gonna feed Ball the rest of the day.  Plus Peyton throws a lot of running back dumpoffs for PPR guys.

honestly, I'd stay away from Peterson.  Can't even give a good reason as to why.  But I see his production falling off this year.

That's honestly my gut too. I read that you would rather get off the train too early than too late ... and that, I think, applies directly to this year for AP. He could be a monster, but he could also put up pedestrian (for him) numbers ... like 1,100 yards and 8 TDs ... which isn't awful but would not be worthy of a Top 5 pick. 

Something just tells me the chances are far greater that he has a disappointing year than him having a stud Top 5 fantasy year again, despite everyone saying "but it's AP" ... yeah but the proof is in the pudding that aged 29 RBs at the 2,000 carry threshold hit a brick wall.

What's the feeling on who could be this year's Zac Stacy or Le'Veon Bell at RB?

I'm talking about guys who aren't going to get drafted or will be drafted in the final rounds as flyers who might not emerge until a few weeks in, but will have the potential to carry fantasy teams ...

Off the top of my head the only obvious one is Bishop Sankey since he's penciled in as the Titans' starter, but he's going to be drafted like a top RB. 

Could Lache Seastrunk be one of those guys? If Alf goes down or has a tough stretch, Seastrunk could emerge. But I only say that with the knowledge of have of the Skins ... I'm sure there are similar situations on other teams.

Between Robert's knees being healthy and his fancy new toys, look for some holes to open up for Morris again this year. 

Yeah, I had Morris last year and I'm not keeping him for the $44 keeper tab ... so I know he'll be available. I'm pretty stoked about re-bidding on him. He's going for an average for $28 in Yahoo leagues right now ... which I think is more than reasonable for what could be a lower-end RB1.

Also, I'm going all-in on RG3 this year too. I think he'll be pretty explosive. Where it might be dicey is with the WRs. Jackson, Garcon Reed and Roberts are likely all candidates for big games but there's certainly no guarantee there will be any consistency ... but you know RG3/Alf will get theirs on a regular basis.

Garcon Reed and Roberts are likely all candidates for big games but there's certainly no guarantee there will be any consistency ... but you know RG3/Alf will get theirs on a regular basis.

agreed with your entire post, but especially this bit.  I rode Garcon all the way to the fantasy championship last year, he was a friggin' beast.  but with Roberts and DJax, I honestly wouldn't touch any Redskins receiver this season.  However, if he can manage to stay healthy, I'd be all over Jordan Reed for a sleeper TE.  he was hurt most of last year, so non-Redskin fans have no idea what the kid is capable of.

Archived