Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

Really tough choice.  I have Garcon as well and am 50/50.  I think the team will go to shorter routes/throws and more running.  On the other hand, Garcon may just be his security blanket and catch 10 balls (last season vs Cle, he was targeted 12 times - top on team, and had 6 catches/65 yards - tops on team).

I'm trying to decide between Garcon, White, or Woodhead at flex. Garcon has been really quiet lately, but Atlanta has a bad secondary. White has a nice matchup against our terrible secondary, and Woodhead averages 6 catches/game on the road and figure to be in a shootout. Decisions, decisions...

I am really having a tough time between Big Ben and McCown.

Last week it was a no brainer to me to go with Luke, but he is playing at Cleveland this week.

I think Big Ben will be good, but he is playing the Bengals and he rarely does anything good against them.

I don't know which way to lean...

RBs: Alfred Morris, Ryan Matthews, Zac Stacey

WR: Victor Cruz, Harry Douglas, Julian Edelman, Keenan Allen

I've got 4 positions open.  I can start up to 2 RBs and up to 3 WRs.  What do you guys think?

Right now I've got Morris, Matthews, Cruz and Edelman.  Cruz has been completely disappointing so I'm thinking about replacing him with Allen.

Hmm, I think I've just answered my own question by thinking 'aloud'.

Last week it was a no brainer to me to go with Luke, but he is playing at Cleveland this week.

I think Big Ben will be good, but he is playing the Bengals and he rarely does anything good against them.

McCown may not even start.  If he does then I'd go with him over Big Ben.

My opinion, I think Decker is the guy that I'd leave out.

San Diego is going to have to throw the ball a lot and I think Keenan Allen will benefit from that.

Good point. Keep in mind my TE is Antonio Gates. Not sure if that changes it, but then I'd be relying on two SD targets in "catchup" v. 2 Denver targets in the scoring team haha

About to roll into championship week 1 with this lineup:

QB- Romo sits to pee vs GB

RB- Stacy vs NO

RB- Vereen vs Miami

WR- Josh ****ing Gordon vs Chi

WR- Garcon vs Atl

TE- Julius Thomas vs SD

Flex- Roddy White vs Wash

D/ST- Bills vs Jags

K- Haushka vs NYG

Bench: Spiller vs Jags, Tate vs Indy, Andre Brown vs Sea, Kendall Wright vs Ari, Joique Bell vs Bal, Charles Clay vs NE, Kirk Cousins vs Atl

Everyone agree with my starters? 0.5 PPR. 

Also, worth noting is that out of all of those, Spiller and Garcon are my only two draft picks remaining on my team. I am naming my team next year Waiver Wire. 45 acquisitions on the year.

RB- Stacy vs NO

RB- Vereen vs Miami

WR- Garcon vs Atl

TE- Julius Thomas vs SD

D/ST- Bills vs Jags

K- Haushka vs NYG

Bench: Spiller vs Jags, Tate vs Indy, Andre Brown vs Sea, Kendall Wright vs Ari, Joique Bell vs Bal, Charles Clay vs NE, Kirk Cousins vs Atl

Also, worth noting is that out of all of those, Spiller and Garcon are my only two draft picks remaining on my team. I am naming my team next year Waiver Wire. 45 acquisitions on the year.

Looks pretty good to me. Here's what I think is my best lineup going into this week's semi-finals matchup:

QB - Rivers

RB - Charles

RB - Vereen

WR - Dez

WR - Allen

TE- Cameron

Flex - White (still trying to decide)

K - Gostkowski

DEF - Titans

Bench: Rodgers, Gore, Woodhead, Hunter, KDavis, Garcon, LGreen

White vs Garcon vs Woodhead is tough for me. Think I would first cross Woodhead off the list, both the other guys have too much upside this week but both are risky. Gotta go big or go home though. 

White- if you look at his production the last two week you are saying "MUST START" vs the Redskins. Been 4 weeks since he's gotten in the endzone and you know he's due. Potential 100+ yard, multiple TD game here. But maybe the last two weeks were fluky and he gets shut out? DHall has played great against bigger WRs this year.

Garcon- underperforming as the Redskins offense stalls. But wildcard: Cousins starting, think the gameplan will revolve around quick passes, mainly his way. I see him breaking 100 yards on 8 or more catches this week. Maybe a TD thrown in there. Downside is huge though. What if the offense comes out flat and more out of rhythm with Cousins? Impossible to predict.

I'm glad I don't have to pick. Rolling with both of them and hoping for the best. 

Good point. Keep in mind my TE is Antonio Gates. Not sure if that changes it, but then I'd be relying on two SD targets in "catchup" v. 2 Denver targets in the scoring team haha

Tough man. Definitely tough. Personally though, I think I'd still run with Allen. 

I've definitely been wrong before though so..... lol

RB- Stacy vs NO

RB- Vereen vs Miami

WR- Garcon vs Atl

TE- Julius Thomas vs SD

D/ST- Bills vs Jags

K- Haushka vs NYG

I think you're good to go. Spiller vs. White might have had me second guessing myself. I know Spiller has had a down year but the ability is still there and he is playing the Jags. I'd probably end up going with Roddy against us though.

yeah man, you know how it goes.  whoever you end up benching will beast out LOL

It definitely seems that way. I learned the hard way not to bench Josh Gordon, no matter what his matchup is. I benched him against Cincy and I lost my game because of it. Had I won that game I would have been 2nd place and had a bye.

BUT I learned a valuable lesson and cruised through the first week of the playoffs so I can't complain too much lol.

Thursday Night Football will be critical in this round of the playoffs. Two big QBs, some great pass-catchers, and a couple good RBs.

The only guy that I have to worry about in tonight's game is..... Prater. My opponent is starting him so I'm hoping for a bunch of Denver TD's  (I know they're going to move the ball) and a bunch of 1 pt attempts from him.

The only guy that I have to worry about in tonight's game is..... Prater. My opponent is starting him so I'm hoping for a bunch of Denver TD's  (I know they're going to move the ball) and a bunch of 1 pt attempts from him.

Wow, I'm in two leagues and have all sorts of considerations...both Thomases, Manning, and Gates are all in play in my universe!

You're not winning so what's the problem?

Hail.

You're not winning so what's the problem?

Hail.

bwahahahahah!  shots fired!  The projections have us dead even, but I believe my good friend GHH's fantasy squad is going to take a big steaming dump on me this weekend LOL. 

Oh well, I'll still take 3rd or 4th place, especially after yahoo gave my draft a grade of "D" and projected me to finish dead last in the league.  ;)

I'll also pat myself on the back for picking up Alshon Jeffery.  I didn't think he was going to beast out, I KNEW he would.  The rest of you fantasy peasants only picked him up in your leagues after a few weeks of solid production.  I kid, I kid.  ;)  Took him in the 12th round and he's 4th in the NFL in receiving yards and 6th in receptions.  :)

I'll also pat myself on the back for picking up Alshon Jeffery.  I didn't think he was going to beast out, I KNEW he would.  The rest of you fantasy peasants only picked him up in your leagues after a few weeks of solid production.  I kid, I kid.  ;)  Took him in the 12th round and he's 4th in the NFL in receiving yards and 6th in receptions.  :)

I claim the same in drafting both Gordon and Blackmon, who was in absolute beast mode for the few weeks he managed to keep his dumb ass sober. 

After losing him, Jones and Wayne, Gordon has been a Godsend along with Megatron. 

Oh how they mocked when I stocked up on receivers back on draft day. They 'aint laughing no more. *Evil laugh. 

Hail. 

yc, go Decker.

Go on. You know you want to. Do it man. DO IT!

Hail.

slap-gif-12.gif

I claim the same in drafting both Gordon and Blackmon, who was in absolute beast mode for the few weeks he managed to keep his dumb ass sober. 

After losing him, Jones and Wayne, Gordon has been a Godsend along with Megatron. 

Respect man.  I was the only one who picked up a QB in the first round, everybody else took running backs.  People told me I was silly for not going RB/WR first.

I finished the season in 1st place.  ;)

Respect man.  I was the only one who picked up a QB in the first round, everybody else took running backs.  People told me I was silly for not going RB/WR first.

I finished the season in 1st place.  ;)

Ah hum. I took Megatron in the first. 4th or 5th pick overall. I forget. :D In fact three of my first 4 picks where wideouts (Megatron/ Julio/ Welker; with the other being Sproles who for once has been a MAJOR PPR let down.). 

And yeah, Brees REALLY worries me in our match-up. Hopefully my inspired pickup of Foles will off-set that.

Foles starting over Stafford in a semi. Who'd of thought that back on draft day? :lol:

Hail.  

So NFL.com just corrected it's stats for LeVeon Bell and I'm no longer in my leagues playoffs because of it.  I hate football so much.

whaaaa??  I have Bell in both my leagues.  **brb**

*Edit* BTW, Cutlers getting the start Sunday for anyone that has McCown. Just announced. 

thanks, now I can drop McCown.  already picked up Cutty. 

Decker or Garcon....hmmm...

Archived