Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

I think I'd definitely go Tate over Morris. I was just thinking that we may have to throw a lot and Garcon should be the main benefactor if that's the case. I think I'm gonna go Tate though. Gives me 3 RB's this week in Tate, Shady, and Le'Veon Bell.

I think I have my flex down to two guys. This is for a 12 team/Standard.

Garcon vs. KC

or

Ben Tate @ JAC

Speaking of Garcon. At the bottom of the ticker on NFLN last night they were showing what Garçon had the last time he faced the Chiefs. Think it was 5 125 2 TD. Seriously, is there a more useless stat than that?

you guys have any advice on my te's?

1PPR

Garret Graham vs Jax

Jared Cook vs Ari. 

Arizona is horrible vs te's this year but so is Jax.  Graham is projected to higher than cook but I hate to be a rankings whore lol.

This was in Matthew Berry's Love/Hate writeup and I thought that it was interesting:

Jared Cook, Rams: You had me at "Cardinals." Shoutout to John Parolin for pointing this out: This year, Jimmy Graham is averaging 8.8 targets, 5.7 receptions, 82.3 yards and 1 touchdown a game, which is 13.8 fantasy points. Meanwhile, the tight end facing the Cardinals is averaging 10 targets, 6.7 receptions, 88.5 yards and 1.2 touchdowns a game. Or 14.9 fantasy points per game. Cook scored twice against them in Week 1, has two scores in his last four weeks and is obviously no sure thing.

I picked up Cook earlier in the week before I saw this in case Jordan Reed couldn't go. I think I'm going to go Cook either way.

First round of the playoffs.  Pick 3 WRs -

Marques Colston vs. Panthers

Mike Wallace at Pittsburgh

Michael Floyd vs. St. Louis

Steve Smith at New Orleans

Jarret Boykin vs. Falcons

Julian Edelman vs. Browns

Floyd is sort of banged up, but that hasn't stopped him the past few weeks.  I have Gronkowski at TE and am hesistant about starting two players from the same team but Brady seems to like Edelman and both can produce.  Those others are pretty hit or miss.  Oh I also have Michael Crabtree, just picked him up but he's playing Seattle.

Do I start Staffford or Foles this weekend?  I'm leaning towards Stafford like I have all year but Foles is hot and has zero INT's.  ugh

I have EXACTLY the same dilemma in my ES 'must win to get in' final regular season game. 

And I have absolutely no idea which one to plump for. The fact they play each other makes it even more intriguing a problem. 

Hail. 

This was in Matthew Berry's Love/Hate writeup and I thought that it was interesting:

Jared Cook, Rams: You had me at "Cardinals." Shoutout to John Parolin for pointing this out: This year, Jimmy Graham is averaging 8.8 targets, 5.7 receptions, 82.3 yards and 1 touchdown a game, which is 13.8 fantasy points. Meanwhile, the tight end facing the Cardinals is averaging 10 targets, 6.7 receptions, 88.5 yards and 1.2 touchdowns a game. Or 14.9 fantasy points per game. Cook scored twice against them in Week 1, has two scores in his last four weeks and is obviously no sure thing.

I picked up Cook earlier in the week before I saw this in case Jordan Reed couldn't go. I think I'm going to go Cook either way.

Yeah arizona is horrible against te's this year.  They are giving up over 15 ppg and the second worst is at around 10 ppg so they are really bad.  For me its either cook or garret graham tonight vs jax.  Jax is third worst against te's and he's averaging over 10 targets a game over the past 3 games but hasn't done much with it.  I guess I'm gonna roll with cook.

I have EXACTLY the same dilemma in my ES 'must win to get in' final regular season game. 

And I have absolutely no idea which one to plump for. The fact they play each other makes it even more intriguing a problem. 

Hail. 

Yeah , like you said...it's almost worse because they play each other.  I'm sticking with Stafford because if Megatron has a huge day I will never forgive myself.  

This tidbit settled it for me:

Matthew Stafford at Philadelphia Eagles: One of the top fantasy quarterbacks of the 2013 season, Stafford has recorded 18-plus fantasy points in six of his last seven contests. This week he'll face Foles and the Eagles, who have surrendered an average of over 18 fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks over the last four weeks.

Andre Johnson came through for me.  no TDs, but 154 yards :)

guy in the ES league got lucky with a BS touchdown to Shorts III against me, and MJD kinda got his man.  But I still fully expect to destroy this punk ass **** and roll into the playoffs in 2nd place.  ;)

Bills defense @ TB?

or

Texans defense @ Jax?

Jordy Nelson or Shane Vereen?  I had this same problem last week, and got burned by going with Nelson.  But the Packers are at home vs Atlanta, and the Falcons secondary is awful.

Shane. ATL D is sucky, yes, but it's going to be 8 degrees and snowy in GB on Sunday. Lacy and Starks are going to be ran all day long and even with ATL I still don't trust Flynn, especially not in the snow.

Vareen on the other hand is great PPR back and Cleveland has a good pass D so Vareen should see a bunch of checkdowns. Campbell is back for Cleveland, so they'll have some competition for the Patriots especially with Gordon going off now. So NE should pass quite a bit.

Now my question is: Michael Floyd vs. STL or Harry Douglas vs. GB in an almost-non-PPR league? So even if Douglas has 10 catches, it will only amount to 2 points or so, which I hate. But even with snow Douglas should see a lot of short stuff and the D is easier than STL. BUT, I'm leaning Floyd because he's on a hot streak, they play in AZ so no weather issue, and STL D while good with turnovers has allowed stuff to WRs.

Yeah , like you said...it's almost worse because they play each other.  I'm sticking with Stafford because if Megatron has a huge day I will never forgive myself.  

This tidbit settled it for me:

Matthew Stafford at Philadelphia Eagles: One of the top fantasy quarterbacks of the 2013 season, Stafford has recorded 18-plus fantasy points in six of his last seven contests. This week he'll face Foles and the Eagles, who have surrendered an average of over 18 fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks over the last four weeks.

Still undecided. I know this much. This is the most nervous I've been before a football Sunday all year and it has nothing to do with the Redskins. 

It'd be a KILLER to come from 3 games behind with 4 to go to get within a game of the paloffs with it all in my own hands to then fall short on the last week. 

Hail. 

Right, crowdsourcing for my crucial must win last regular season game. 

The locks in my line up are Megatron and Gordon at wideout, and Shady and Vereen at RB. 

The following I'm going to be tossing around up until kick-off as I do most weeks. But this week I'm throwing it out there as to what you guys would do:

QB.             Stafford @ Eagles/ Foles vs. Lions. 

TE.              Witten @ Bears/ Fleener @ Bengals.

Flex WR/RB Cooper vs. Lions/ Matthews vs. Giants/ Sproles vs. Panthers/ Welker vs. Titans.

Presently, I'm siding with Stafford, Witten and either Cooper or Welker. 

Man the fantasy nerves are churning today and then some. 

Hail. 

My conundrum:

I can start two of the following:

Jordan Reed

Ladarius Green

Vernon Davis

Davis is a 99.9% of the time no-brainer decision, but he goes against Seattle today. He was shut down last time, but they're at home for this one.

I also like Green a lot.

GHH, I'm pretty much in agreement with your choices too. Lion's secondary is awful though.

I think in our league we are deciding that for the last 4 weeks of the season, if you win your matchup you get money.  We typically do highest scorer gets a bonus every week but i think to keep everyone interested all year around, the last few weeks of the season, if you win your matchup you get money back

Archived