Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

I think Yahoo does points scored for tiebreakers.

beat me to it.

screw you, GHH.  If you do happen to make the playoffs in the yahoo league, you're going down.  D-bag.  :)

WOOT! Then I'm still in with a chance. *Does crazy naked happy dance.

Bring it on yc. After making me suffer through to the last week by not doing what you were asked two weeks back (STILL glaring :angry: ), revenger will be all the sweeter.  :P

That said, I still have to win to even have a chance. So I'm taking nottin' for granted. 

But we are Gibbs Hog Heaven. And we want to keep our Championship! MF game ON!

Hail. 

haha, good luck bro!

Unless I have a horrible game this week, I should be in.  I'm currently 2nd, with two others at 9-4.  But I'm the 2nd highest scoring in the league.  So as long as I win, I should be okay.  If I lose...yikes. 

Okay need a little help. First round of the playoffs.

Who would you start? Rivers against the NYG or Cutler against Dallas?

Rivers is a safe bet, but Culter, if healthy, could put up a lot of fantasy points against the Cowboys.

Okay need a little help. First round of the playoffs.

Who would you start? Rivers against the NYG or Cutler against Dallas?

Rivers is a safe bet, but Culter, if healthy, could put up a lot of fantasy points against the Cowboys.

Don't quote me, as I think he's still day to day, but I heard it might still be McCown going for da bears.  If so, I'm starting him.  :) 

I have Rivers on my bench in a nother league, with Brees starting.  Brees is facing the #1 defense in the NFL in Carolina, but unlike when he got shutdown by the seahawks, this game is in the Dome.  Rivers is facing a pretty bad Giants defense.  Rivers or Brees?

Paloooofffffffsss are now!  I got the following going.

Brees

K.Wright

J.Edelman

LMcCoy

Moreno

Witten OR TonyG

Vereen (Flex)

My bench isn't great but it's Boldin, James Jones, J.Bell....I chose K.Wright/Edelman because he has Tom Brady going and Dobson and Thompkins are a non factor this Sunday.  If he throws 4tds to Gronk, Amendola or Bolden I'm in trouble but I like the risk/reward of being able to cancel Brady out.  Boldin is going against the Seahawks even with Crabtree, but he just can't be trusted on that D.  James Jones is what it is, if Aaron isn't playing you just can't start him.  J.Bell I just can't take a risk/reward when I know Vereen will put up points.  My issue is Witten or Tony G......IMO both cannot be trusted but I have to go with the lesser or two evils.  Both have juicy matchups but I'm just 2nd guessing if Witten is the way to go.  Thoughts?

Don't quote me, as I think he's still day to day, but I heard it might still be McCown going for da bears.  If so, I'm starting him.  :)

I have Rivers on my bench in a nother league, with Brees starting.  Brees is facing the #1 defense in the NFL in Carolina, but unlike when he got shutdown by the seahawks, this game is in the Dome.  Rivers is facing a pretty bad Giants defense.  Rivers or Brees?

Giants D have been playing SOLID lately.  I've started them in fantasy week 7 through 11 when they played that juicy part of there schedule.  I still go Brees, and not because I have him it's just exactly what you said, he's playing in the Dome.  Brees plays some good ball in the Dome, I trust him more to have a game even if it is against the #1 D.

Here are my 5 RBs ... I'm starting 4 of them (2 RB, 2 Flex) this week. Just need to decide who to bench...

Adrian Peterson, Zac Stacy, Le'Veon Bell, Alfred Morris, Steven Jackson

.5 PPR league

I would bench Jackson.

Do I start Staffford or Foles this weekend? I'm leaning towards Stafford like I have all year but Foles is hot and has zero INT's. ugh

A toss up. I'm actually starting each guy on a few teams this week.

Bills defense @ TB?

or

Texans defense @ Jax?

Jordy Nelson or Shane Vereen?  I had this same problem last week, and got burned by going with Nelson.  But the Packers are at home vs Atlanta, and the Falcons secondary is awful.

Bills defense @ TB?

or

Texans defense @ Jax?

Jordy Nelson or Shane Vereen?  I had this same problem last week, and got burned by going with Nelson.  But the Packers are at home vs Atlanta, and the Falcons secondary is awful.

How's Atlanta's play in the trenches? That seemed to be what did the Packers offense in last week (aside from not having Rodgers, obviously)

Bills defense @ TB?

or

Texans defense @ Jax?

Tough call on D but id had to go with Bills.  Ive been burnt the past couple weeks streaming d vs Jax.  Are you PPR?  Id go with Vereen if so.  Actually Id say Vereen in a ppr or std.

What do you guys think about this. 

1PPR

Roddy vs GB

Ray Rice vs Min

Ivory vs Oak 

pick one.

Pick 2:

Rice vs Min

Decker vs Ten

Roddy vs GB

1PPR

I would go Rice and White. Decker is just WAY too inconsistent.

Also would you guys start Garret Graham vs Jax tonight or Jared Cook vs Ari??

Jax is 3rd worst vs t.e but Ari is by far the worst vs te's giving up more than 15 per game. The next worst only gives up around 10 per game so Ari is reealllly bad.

I would go Graham.

Bills defense @ TB?

or

Texans defense @ Jax?

Jordy Nelson or Shane Vereen? I had this same problem last week, and got burned by going with Nelson. But the Packers are at home vs Atlanta, and the Falcons secondary is awful.

Texans D. Word is, the Texans are putting in a spy-proof scheme this week.

And I'm not touching the other one. As soon as I say Vereen, that's when Ridley gets out of BB's doghouse.

Archived