Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

Bliz- which do you consider more likely: Cousins to have more points than Romo sits to pee OR Romo sits to pee to have more points without going Murray or Dez having a big game? In your scenario, by the way, I'd be down 30 with 8 players to go since I'm already 15 in the hole. I definitely have guys that can have big games, but I think Cousins is the better play for me here. Higher upside certainly. 

I consider the most likely scenario to be that Romo sits to pee will have more points than Cousins, which is why I would start Romo sits to pee.

How are you already 15 in the hole?  You do one of those 2 week combined score for the championship deals?

I got Deangelo Williams off waivers. Second guessing though... I have CJ Spiller on my bench. Both are risk/reward guys. Both have had bad games this year against the team they're playing this week. Strictly in terms of ranking Spiller has a bit better match up. Very torn on this one.

Big decision here....

Drew Brees @ Carolina

or

Rivers @ Oakland

You'd never bench Brees, but he's struggled some on the road this year, and Carolina has a tough defense

Rivers has a great matchup, but I'm worried they'll open up a big lead early against an awful Raiders team and just hand it off to Ryan Matthews the rest of the game.

I'd personally feel more comfortable playing Ryan Matthews over Chris Johnson. 

Chris Johnson has a huge matchup advantage (Jax).

But agreed. Mathews could be a solid play too.

As for the ^ situation ... tough call ... I'd roll with Rivers over Brees on the road against Carolina ... then again ... they say never bench your studs...

Chris Johnson has a huge matchup advantage (Jax).

But agreed. Mathews could be a solid play too.

Yeah, I know.  I'm going up against him this week so it has me nervous.  He could blow up.  But I think I'd just trust Matthews more overall.  I think he's been more consistent.  But Johnson probably has the bigger up side. 

I can't settle on my line up this weekend in the championship. I currently have

RB: Lesean Mccoy, Zac Stacy

WR: D. Thomas, Andre Johnson

W/R: Chris  Johnson

W/T: Alshon Jeffery

Bench: Decker, Keenan Allen, Ryan Mathews, Stevan Ridley

Your WRs are outrageous.

The idea that you could start 3 WRs and one of them isn't Keenan Allen, with the numbers he's been putting up the last 4 weeks, and that it would be a justifiable (though by no means easy) decision is just crazy.

RBs...I think I'd be leaning McCoy and Matthews as the definite starters, and toss-up between Stacy and Johnson for the third spot.  I wouldn't say Johnson has a huge matchup advantage over Matthews.  They both have great matchups. 

Really hope Jordan Cameron can play this week. I'm out of FAAB money and the only other TE I have is Ladarius Green who I picked up a few weeks ago incase Cameron went down. Well since I've picked up Green he has a whopping 0 points the last 2 weeks. Please don't screw me Jordan!

Roll of the dice here this week. I think either team could win...

Me:

Brees, Garcon, Jeffery, Charles, Moreno, Graham, Rashad Jennings, Blair Walsh, Tennessee

Him:

Peyton, Riley Cooper, Megatron, Forte, Zach Stacy, Coby Fleener, Shady, Hauschka, KC

I've got Mike Wallace, Bobby Rainey, Andre Brown, and Gio Bernard on the bench..so I might swap Jennings out if DMac is back this week for the Raiders..

Ben Tate to IR- move quick for Dennis Johnson.

Yup, this is immediately what I did. 

I have a championship game in which my opponent has Marques Colston and Jimmy Graham, whereas I have Drew Brees.  Unless he benches one of the two, I'm sticking with Brees simply because whatever he does, I will basically do the same. 

^^^^^  I doubt that Rodgers is even going to play, but if so I'd go Cousins, simply because of the rust factor.

Roddy White.  He's back to 100% and based on what I saw against the Skins he's Matt Ryan's #1 target.  Douglas is only a #3 behind White and Gonzalez, and probably a #4 if Jacquizz Rodgers is in.

Welp. I'm pretty sure I have my Championship lineup set. This is a 12 team/.5 PPR. I'm pretty pumped as this is my first championship. What makes this even sweeter is the game earlier in the season that I played against this guy. It was a close game all the way through but in the end I came out on top by a half a point.... then a stat correction... I lost by a half point lol. I was pretty heated at the time but now it's payback time.

Would you guys change anything around? I actually thought about Cousins since Stafford's been struggling. He's one of the reasons that I'm here though and Cousins definitely isn't a sure thing. Gotta stick with what got me here.

QB - Matt Stafford

RB - LeSean McCoy

RB - Le'Veon Bell

WR - Dez Bryant

WR - Josh Gordon

TE - Dennis Pitta

FLEX - Pierre Garcon

DEF - Saints (Definitely the weak link.. but best available)

K - Phil Dawson

Bench:

Jordan Cameron

Jordy Nelson

Shane Vereen

Andre Ellington

Michael Crabtree

Kirk Cousins

Ryan Fitzpatrick (picked him up when Tate went on IR.. basically for bench points in case of a tie)

If Welker is out again this week, is Andre Caldwell worth starting at a flex spot? 

Right now I have Harry Douglas and Dennis Pitta penciled in for my 2 Flex and if I had to bench one, I'd probably sit Douglas because he's done nothing the past 2 games and has a poor matchup on the road.

welp, I did it.  It's done.  I just benched Drew Brees @ Carolina for Rivers @ Oakland.  Now I get to sit and think about it for 3 days.  :(

That's the move I'd of made. Good luck man. May I remind you at this juncture I told you to not be the worry wort you was back on draft day and that you'd assembled a pretty good team. (I never had you in the final 2 mind, but ya' know  :lol:.). SO made up for you after all your early season angst. 

Win it all brother. Win it all. 

And DON'T scratch my, uhmmm, the Championship Trophy. She's only on a years loan!  :P

Hail. 

welp, I did it.  It's done.  I just benched Drew Brees @ Carolina for Rivers @ Oakland.  Now I get to sit and think about it for 3 days.  :(

Agree with GHH. That's a move that I would have made as well. Brees seems to struggle away from home and Carolina's defense can be pretty nasty. 

You simply don't sit Brees. Yes, he's on the road and in a tough matchup, but with Rivers, you run the risk of SD getting ahead by so much that they just run the ball to milk clock. Even on his worst day he's capable of at least 20.

EDIT: Read question wrong let me do some research....

DOUBLE EDIT: Yes, this week I'd go with STL over BAL. Would you rather start a D against Mike Glennon or one against a pissed off Tom Brady?

Archived