Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

I drafted last in the 1st round (snake draft).... and they snickered at my team after the draft. As they should have.... I made some horrible decisions because I had no idea what the hell I was doing. Really, I don`t know how the hell I pulled it off :) But it feels great!!!post-114279-0-35220500-1387898060_thumb.gif

Won my main league for the first time ever in a decade of playing!

WTG OB! Made up for you man. 

And everyone else out there that won your leagues. 

Good job everyone. 

for the folks in the ES II Yahoo league, I left a little nugget for ya in the "trash talk" section.  ;)

Yahoo predicted my team to go 3-10 and finish dead last.  Suck it Yahoo, I'm the champ.  Thanks Leveon Bell and Alshon Jeffery! 

Just thank your lucky stars most ALL my big guns decided to week a week's vacation in our semi. Still don't know what the Hell happened there.  :(

Congrats again. But next year, you is going DOWN!  :ph34r:

Hail. 

Just thank your lucky stars most ALL my big guns decided to week a week's vacation in our semi. Still don't know what the Hell happened there.  :(

Dude, when I saw the matchup in the semis, I literally told my wife "well, it was a good run, but I'm done."  no idea how the hell I beat you.  Your roster > mine. 

Being new to fantasy, I just realized that, I've only played in 3 leagues so far (2 this year, 1 last year), and I won the superbowl every time.  ;)

In my 150$ (buy-in)league I was 10.9 points down and I turned off the game in disgust  last night late in the 4th Quarter as the 49ers had only scored 2 points. Imagine my surprise this morning when I went to claim my 2d place money and low and behold I had won 115.8 to 115.7. The other guy must be gnashing his teeth at that interception on the last play of the game (gave me 2 points). I'm praying there won't be any stat adjustments this week.

QB: Newton

RB: Bell & Mathews

WR: Edelman & Garcon are your safest plays, I think if you want more upside/risk you go with Decker over Edelman.

TE: Coin flip here, I'll go with Gonzalez in his last pro game and on a 4 TD streak.

That's almost scary. I have that exact lineup penciled in, minus the Decker-Edelman and TE picks. I'm still on the fence with those.

Btw, it's a .5 PPR league.

Fantasy lineup

I'd go Rodgers (Bears pass defense is worst of the 3 opponents)

Stacy/Bell (Rather go with guaranteed touches, than high risk/reward)

Garcon/Edelman (Garcon will obviously get his targets, but with Manning you never know who he's going to throw to each game, whereas Brady has almost no choice but to go to Edelman)

Gonzalez (like previously mentioned, it's his last game, I'm sure they will do everything to make sure he goes out in style, especially with as dismal of a season its been.)

I'd go Rodgers (Bears pass defense is worst of the 3 opponents)

Stacy/Bell (Rather go with guaranteed touches, than high risk/reward)

Garcon/Edelman (Garcon will obviously get his targets, but with Manning you never know who he's going to throw to each game, whereas Brady has almost no choice but to go to Edelman)

Gonzalez (like previously mentioned, it's his last game, I'm sure they will do everything to make sure he goes out in style, especially with as dismal of a season its been.)

I went with:

Newton

L Bell

Johnson

Garçon

Decker

Olsen

Vinatieri

MIA D/ST (ugh)

Had Ryan Mathews in up until about 12:50 pm. That's when I heard some chic on tv say that SD likely wouldn't play RM if Miami won. That worked out nicely.

Would have started Edelman over Garçon had I known our game would have been played in a monsoon.

Had no desire to start Stacy. That was a terrible matchup. Just wanted to see if anyone would pick him.

Btw, that one paragraph you wrote makes no sense. I'll let you figure it out...

• 5 months later...

****BUMP For The 2014 Season!!!!!!!!!****

Been meaning to start this thread since last week, but kept forgetting. Anyways, mini-camps have started, and most teams are around 35 days away from Training Camp. So let's talk some fantasy football RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm feeling sort of a resurgence of running backs being dominant in fantasy this year. If Lesean McCoy isn't people's number one draft player this year, I don't know what is wrong with them. Shoot, the lost of Desean Jackson might have made his number become even better.

Speaking of Jackson, I think he will get over-drafted this year. I mean, he is good for the Redskins, but his fantasy numbers have to go down. 

I think the Broncos numbers have to go down to next year. I'm not saying Seattle exposed them in the playoffs, but they did give you the blueprint. And the Redskins D, ironically, helped Seattle when they contained them for three quarter when they played in the regular season. So I am expecting teams to be ready for them next season. But Peyton is still my number 1 QB....

YOUNGCHEW, EXTREMESKINS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE CHAMPION!!!!  

Just in case you guys forgot.  ;)

can't wait man.  Fantasy is so freakin' fun. 

I agree that RBs will be big this year.  And I know I'd be an idiot for not taking Manning as the #1 QB, but my boy Drew Brees has carried me to fantasy championships the last two years.  I just feel solid about that guy all the time, no matter who he's up against. 

Also agree that DJax will be drafted too high.  Pierre Garcon led the NFL in receptions, and he was a PPR monster for me last year.  I wonder if DJAX will hurt his numbers.

and watch for Alfred "BAM BAM" Morris to beast out again this year.  Garcon, DJax, Roberts, and a healthy Reed will command so much attention, Alfred will see running lanes.  I love that guy.

Yeah, Garcon receptions will go down, but I still bet he flirts with 90-100. 

agreed.  And watch Reed (if he can remain healthy) go top 10 for TEs.  sleeper pick.  he was awesome when he was playing, but he was hurt so much last year a lot of people outside of Redskins nation still don't know what he's capable of.

So I have keeper dilemmas like I did last year, too. It's a .5 PPR ... start QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 W/R, 1 W/R/T, D, K

Keep 2:

Adrian Peterson ($45)

Le'Veon Bell ($20)

Zac Stacy ($20)

Jordy Nelson ($20)

Pierre Garcon ($22)

Alfred Morris ($44)

Jimmy Graham ($41)

It's off a $220 budget. I can also sell ONE keeper to someone else for a transaction fee. I.E., Trade AP to someone for $10 ... they give me $10 of their cap and keep him for his keeper rate of $45 (essentially paying $55 for him).

So far it seems like I'm being pointed to keeping Bell/Stacy. AP is enticing, but I keep reading articles about the fall-off with 29+ RBs and while he's a freak, I don't know if I'd be willing to risk it on him one more year even though he's a bargain at even $45. Thoughts?

If I keep Bell/Stacy I'm going to target RGIII as my QB, probably re-draft Graham for roughly that same rate ($40-50) ... and go heavy on WRs and one more RB. If I can sell one of my WRs or AP and make some extra cap money I will do that. I might be tempted to sell Bell or Stacy ... as both are slated to go for about $45-55 in auction leagues, so I could make a pretty good case for selling, say, Stacy for $20 to someone and it still being a deal for them (Spending $40 total), for example 

So far it seems like I'm being pointed to keeping Bell/Stacy. AP is enticing, but I keep reading articles about the fall-off with 29+ RBs and while he's a freak, I don't know if I'd be willing to risk it on him one more year even though he's a bargain at even $45. Thoughts?

I like Stacy and Bell. If I had to choose one over the other, probably Stacy over Bell. I would trade AP as well. I would try to stay away from him, and Jamal Charles. I think both are probably due for let down seasons. Rather it be injury or decline of production. 

So I have keeper dilemmas like I did last year, too. It's a .5 PPR ... start QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 W/R, 1 W/R/T, D, K

Keep 2:

Adrian Peterson ($45)

Le'Veon Bell ($20)

Zac Stacy ($20)

Jordy Nelson ($20)

Pierre Garcon ($22)

Alfred Morris ($44)

Jimmy Graham ($41)

It's off a $220 budget. I can also sell ONE keeper to someone else for a transaction fee. I.E., Trade AP to someone for $10 ... they give me $10 of their cap and keep him for his keeper rate of $45 (essentially paying $55 for him).

If I keep Bell/Stacy I'm going to target RGIII as my QB, probably re-draft Graham for roughly that same rate ($40-50) ... and go heavy on WRs and one more RB. If I can sell one of my WRs or AP and make some extra cap money I will do that. I might be tempted to sell Bell or Stacy ... as both are slated to go for about $45-55 in auction leagues, so I could make a pretty good case for selling, say, Stacy for $20 to someone and it still being a deal for them (Spending $40 total), for example 

I would keep Bell and Graham. Get a big time young RB and the best scoring TE. I think Stacey is gonna take a major step back. Plus they added Mason who i think is gonna get a lot of carries. 

I have Stacey in one of my keeper leagues and had a lot of really good trade offers for him...which now i wish i took. 

If anybody wants to do some mocks, I highly reccomend this site that Matt Fancy told me about last year...

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/

Here is my first mock...

10494803_10203524149447024_4606185330318

I really wanted to get RG3 in this draft, and he didn't go until the 7th round. So I decided that getting Matthews, Rice, and Rodgers would be a better deal for me. I love the receivers I have. I think all four will consistently put up solid numbers.

I would keep Bell and Graham. Get a big time young RB and the best scoring TE. I think Stacey is gonna take a major step back. Plus they added Mason who i think is gonna get a lot of carries. 

I have Stacey in one of my keeper leagues and had a lot of really good trade offers for him...which now i wish i took. 

My thinking on Graham is I bought him for $41 last year. So keeping him for that rate isn't as good a value. I will pay up to $50 for him ... so I figure even if I pay $9 more for him, I get more value keping someone like Stacy for $20 when he could go for $40-50 in the draft and saving $20-25 if that makes sense.

I love Graham Had him the last two years. I bought him for $38 in 2012 and didn't keep him and got him last year for $41 ... so I assume I can get him again for roughly that rate haha

I would keep Bell and Graham. Graham gives you a huge advantage over any other team at TE. Julius Thomas is probably the next closest and then Gronk (if he can stay healthy). Outside of those 3, all the other TEs are pretty much the same IMO. Why not take the guy that gives you a sizable advantage over every other team at that position?

Bell makes more sense to me over Stacy. They just drafted Mason, so he will have some competition. Bell has no one really besides Blount. Give me the guy in the better situation there.

Archived