Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

CrypticVillain

Never understood the never bench your studs argument. If I had Foles and Brees I'd start Folea 10 times out of 10 this week.

As was mentioned, Brees isn't close to the same QB on the road. In fantasy, you look at each individual matchup.

Btw, Foles is rated higher on just about every site this week, anyway.

Trying to help my dad win his first FF championship in the league that I manage. His QB choices for this final week are: Ryan Tannehill, Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers. Obviously if Aaron is a go that's a no brainer for the most part. He IS coming off of injury and could be rusty. Schaub could be trying to prove himself in a possible blowout (against Denver). Thoughts?

I can't settle on my line up this weekend in the championship. I currently have

RB: Lesean Mccoy, Zac Stacy

WR: D. Thomas, Andre Johnson

W/R: Chris  Johnson

W/T: Alshon Jeffery

Bench: Decker, Keenan Allen, Ryan Mathews, Stevan Ridley

Your WRs are outrageous.

The idea that you could start 3 WRs and one of them isn't Keenan Allen, with the numbers he's been putting up the last 4 weeks, and that it would be a justifiable (though by no means easy) decision is just crazy.

RBs...I think I'd be leaning McCoy and Matthews as the definite starters, and toss-up between Stacy and Johnson for the third spot.  I wouldn't say Johnson has a huge matchup advantage over Matthews.  They both have great matchups. 

Andre limited in practice today.  Keenan might be the right call after all.

My lineup is pretty much set except for D/ST.  San Fran vs Atl or Detroit vs NYG?   Have some uncertainty at TE also, with Cameron maybe on the shelf, but I was able to get Pitta on the waiver wire.  So in a 1/2 PPR it looks like it's:

ME:  Rivers, Keenan; Djax; Lacy; McCoy; Pitta: DeMarco; Bailey: SF/Det?

vs

HIM:  Peyton; MWallace; Hartline; R Matthews; Jennings; Graham; Julius Thomas; Janikowski; Cleveland

Feeling pretty good about my chances. 

Trying to help my dad win his first FF championship in the league that I manage. His QB choices for this final week are: Ryan Tannehill, Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers. Obviously if Aaron is a go that's a no brainer for the most part. He IS coming off of injury and could be rusty. Schaub could be trying to prove himself in a possible blowout (against Denver). Thoughts?

Yuck.

Out of those I say Tanny but I could be convinced to go Flacco since NE's defense is so beat up.

Watch out for Tannehill...Buffalo's defense is quietly among the top 5 defenses in sacks and interceptions I believe.  And since the Incognito fiasco, Miami's o-line has been awful.

You simply don't sit Brees. Yes, he's on the road and in a tough matchup, but with Rivers, you run the risk of SD getting ahead by so much that they just run the ball to milk clock. Even on his worst day he's capable of at least 20.

EDIT: Read question wrong let me do some research....

DOUBLE EDIT: Yes, this week I'd go with STL over BAL. Would you rather start a D against Mike Glennon or one against a pissed off Tom Brady?

would you start STL defense over Buffalo defense?

SF or Det for d/st?

That's sort of tough. I would probably lean to SF though. I could see that game getting out of hand. You know with it being the last game at Candlestick, that place, and the team, will be amped.

The league I'm in, you get two starts with each defense/player. Have a start left with SF on several teams. Plan on using them on at least one, myself. Probably roll with Seattle and Cincy on a team, too.

Watch out for Tannehill...Buffalo's defense is quietly among the top 5 defenses in sacks and interceptions I believe.  And since the Incognito fiasco, Miami's o-line has been awful.

As someone who has relied on Tannehill since Aaron Rodgers went out.... I can honestly say he`s saved my season. He`s been tearing it up. Despite a lack of a strong offensive line...  which has contributed to a anemic running game... the Miami offense has relied completely on Tannehill. And he`s delivered.

They just keep throwing the ball. He`s going to throw for 260-300 yards a game... at least 2 TDs... he`s going to rush for about 30-40 yards... and throw 1 INT. On average -- he`ll get you about 22-30 points a game.

And the Buffalo defense may be missing DT Marcel Darreus and their starting safety Aaron Williams. And with Thaddus Lewis starting for the Bills... and with Steve Johnson out... there`s going to be plenty of Buffalo offensive turnovers and 3-and-outs. So plenty of opportunities to throw for TD`s.

The only drawback is the weather. It`s calling for sleet-snow... which doesn`t help the passing game. However, Tannehill had an excellent game in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago under similar weather conditions.

But I think I`m going to go with Cousins this week :)

Need some help, going for the championship tomorrow. I need to fill 2 spots with these guys.

Torrey Smith
Bobby Rainey
Delanie Walker

Oh and I've got an awful decision to make at D/ST.

Bears @Philly
Saints @Carolina

Appreciate the help guys, I'm going up against my older brother for 300 and this

St Louis or Buffalo defense?

St. Louis. No contest. The Rams defense has been sick since they nearly beat the Seahawks. They`re going to destroy the Bucs.

Need some help, going for the championship tomorrow. I need to fill 2 spots with these guys.

Torrey Smith

Bobby Rainey

Delanie Walker

Bears @Philly

Saints @Carolina

Appreciate the help guys, I'm going up against my older brother for 300 and this

Torrey Smith and Bobby Rainey. Easy decision. Delanie Walker has had 1 decent game all season... he`s a complete non-factor.

With defense, I`d go with the Saints. Lesser of 2 evils.

Torrey Smith

Bobby Rainey

Delanie Walker

Bears @Philly

Saints @Carolina

Walker, for sure. Then, I guess, Rainey. Because you figure Talib will be on Smith.

As for your defense choices... Good luck with that!

St. Louis. No contest. The Rams defense has been sick since they nearly beat the Seahawks. They`re going to destroy the Bucs.

Torrey Smith and Bobby Rainey. Easy decision. Delanie Walker has had 1 decent game all season... he`s a complete non-factor.

With defense, I`d go with the Saints. Lesser of 2 evils.

Walker, for sure. Then, I guess, Rainey. Because you figure Talib will be on Smith.

As for your defense choices... Good luck with that!

Hmm I've got one person saying Rainey and Walker

and one person saying Torrey and Rainey.

No idea  :unsure:  :unsure:

Hmm I've got one person saying Rainey and Walker

and one person saying Torrey and Rainey.

No idea :unsure::unsure:

Walker is a legitimate top 5 play at TE this week. Both Rainey and Smith have bad matchups. Well, Smith does. I would have to look at the Rams' rush defense numbers to confirm Rainey does. I'm a little baffled as to how the other poster so easily dismisses Walker. He is a very good play this week, based off just about every fantasy site I've looked at this week.

Michael Fabiano's take:

" Delanie Walker vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Walker has been solid in recent weeks, scoring one touchdown in three of his last four full contests. That includes a 12.2-point performance against this week's opponent, the Jaguars. When you consider the matchup, Walker should be considered a legitimate No. 1 fantasy tight end in Week 16."

In his last 4 games... Walker has done the following:

vs Raiders: 46 yards

vs Indy: 5 yards

vs Denver: 0 yards

vs Arizona: 53 yards (1 TD).

That`s considered `solid` for you in recent weeks? Play Walker.. what do I care.

Fabiano said Fleener was supposed to get me 10 points last week. I got zero. Fabiano`s projects mean squat. Every player projects huge numbers against the Jags this year.... and it never materializes.

I think I'm going to start Jarrett Boykin this week over Steve Smith(Panthers). I had Boykin sitting on the bench the past few weeks with Amendola back, but Smith has been pretty mediocre this season while Boykin's put up some really good numbers since Cobb went down, but he's also had a couple poor outings mixed in.

Also playing Hartline and Amendola.

In his last 4 games... Walker has done the following:

vs Raiders: 46 yards

vs Indy: 5 yards

vs Denver: 0 yards

vs Arizona: 53 yards (1 TD).

That`s considered `solid` for you in recent weeks? Play Walker.. what do I care.

Fabiano said Fleener was supposed to get me 10 points last week. I got zero. Fabiano`s projects mean squat. Every player projects huge numbers against the Jags this year.... and it never materializes.

I haven't kept up with Walker much this year, as I haven't had to play him. However, from reading Fabiano's take, I'm assuming Walker has been hurt in recent weeks. In other words, when he's been healthy, like this week, he's produced really well.

And remember, there's no Gronk or Cameron this week, so every other TE gets pushed up the board. If you don't buy what Fabiano is saying, consider that Fantasy Pros has him projected to score the 5th most points among TEs this week. And that's factoring every fantasy site into the equation.

Btw, Fleener scored 5.6 pts last week in my .5 PPR league last week. So I'm not sure how you get he scored zero points.

Archived