Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting Locked Up for Drinking an Arizona Iced Tea - Video

Dan T.

Oh yeah, one more thing, why didn't he just hand him the can? Yes, we as American Citizens do have rights, but handing him the can wouldn't have hurt. I don't know, maybe I am just a gump or something. :whoknows:

I do sort of agree with you- but the same thing could be said about people who have open carry permits and carry their guns by their side. When cops stop them and ask for their identification they always say, "no, I don't want to." Because they respect their right to privacy. The same could be said for this fellow.

Although, I am always of the opinion that if you have nothing to hide then just do it.

haven't heard that one in awhile lol.

:ols: Sometimes you gotta bring out the throwback slang lol

I agree with both sides of the issue. You don't have to coperate with police if they are't going through the propper procedures. I ain't mad. But in this situation, I just would have gave the bamma the can.

But the bigger deal is the police abusing his powers and then the dude being charged.

C ock on the Walk syndrome. Saying it is racism is jumping to conlusions I've seen this attitude displayed toward all races. (Philters are a bit too broad for the first word which is referencing a rooster).

C ock on the Walk syndrome. Saying it is racism is jumping to conlusions I've seen this attitude displayed toward all races. (Philters are a bit too broad for the first word which is referencing a roster).

Understood---I always used the phrase "banty rooster."

I think it's iced tea and lemonade.
Yes, that is what 1/2 and 1/2 means. No alcohol.

my bad fellas. when I hear "half and half," I'm thinking this....

Twisted-Half-and-Half-1.jpg

oh and by the way....some people asked me why I'm "terrorfied" of the police. I grew up as a child seeing police push us around. I would be hanging with friends on the corner of 16th and Rosedale Northeast DC (behind hechinger mall for people that are familiar with the city). The police would ride up in front of my friends house, turn on the sirens, hit the lights, and talk trash to us. On my mother's life I swear, the DC police would pull their car up in front of my friends house and ask us stuff like "I wanna lock you up, I can't wait to catch you slippin'. I'm gonna be there when you do. You're going to jail for 25 years." A lot of you have no idea what that is like.

Very seldom do I feel like I'm one of the most informed people on Extremeskins.com, but when it comes to talking about dealing/talking about jerkoff city cops, and talking about "life in the inner city," I'd venture to say I'm one of the most qualified....

so for people to say "there's no reason to be afraid of police," all I have to say to that is....you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what's its like in the city....and I'm not trying to be a smartass when I say that....

YC, would you say the cops who were harassing you in DC were racist? I would.

As a matter of fact, seeing what so many minorities go through on a day-to-day basis in NY (stopped and frisked), there are reason why people flat out HATE the police.

Personally, I've had good dealing with police, but I know a lot of people who have had their rights flat out violated for no other reason than their skin color. Stuff like that makes my blood boil.

I don't care what people say...the cop in that vid was flat out racist and needs to be fired. Vid says it all.

Agreed. That's one thing that frustrates me when it comes to folks dealing with the cops. even if you've done nothing wrong, and you feel you're being harassed, you should still cooperate with police, unless they're asking you do something extremely unreasonable. Live to fight another day, hire a lawyer or something after the fact. but don't spout off, disobey, and taunt the feds....because "they got guns and ****." don't make the situation any more tense than it is and end up getting tazed or worse.

I myself am terrofied of police. I always cooperate fully, respond with "yes sir/ma'am," and never talk back.

That's the smart thing to do to protect yourself. It's also a terrible thing to do for society and allows this abuse of power not only to persist but expand. The police officer has no cause or right to search that man. He asked what the man was drinking and was shown the can and to,d what it was. Cops should not be allowed to demand you hand over property while doing nothing wrong under the penalty of bogus charges.

That's the kind of **** you'd expect in china.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2013 at 09:12 PM ----------

The only way this guy loses is if the jury is made up of the KKK.

Or typical North Carolina racists. That state is shockingly racist. I didn't believe it until I hangout with some in laws from down there.

That's the smart thing to do to protect yourself. It's also a terrible thing to do for society and allows this abuse of power not only to persist but expand. The police officer has no cause or right to search that man. He asked what the man was drinking and was shown the can and to,d what it was. Cops should not be allowed to demand you hand over property while doing nothing wrong under the penalty of bogus charges.

That's the kind of **** you'd expect in china.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2013 at 09:12 PM ----------

Or typical North Carolina racists. That state is shockingly racist. I didn't believe it until I hangout with some in laws from down there.

Its no worse here then Virginia. (Lived in Richmond from 1978-2002)

so for people to say "there's no reason to be afraid of police," all I have to say to that is....you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what's its like in the city....and I'm not trying to be a smartass when I say that....

When I was 13 years old, I was already over 6 feet and I wasn't slim either. But I lived in Southwest, DC. In the 80's it used to be a terrible place, but bout time the 00's hit it was probably one of the milder areas in the city. And because there wasn't as many problems around here they used to place most of the "rooks" in our part of the city. I don't know how many times I been questioned by police who were inexperienced and scared of a 13 year-old boy because he was bigger than them. They always used to keep their hand on their gun around me. And I was told that police were taught to only put their hands on the gun if they were intending to shoot. I was a mild mannered boy who just like to chill with his cousins in the front yard,

Anyways, I'm not going to say that cops are racist. Some are, but I just think that the bad ones either don't know the rule, or they know the rules but choose not to follow them.

my bad fellas. when I hear "half and half," I'm thinking this....

oh and by the way....some people asked me why I'm "terrorfied" of the police. I grew up as a child seeing police push us around. I would be hanging with friends on the corner of 16th and Rosedale Northeast DC (behind hechinger mall for people that are familiar with the city). The police would ride up in front of my friends house, turn on the sirens, hit the lights, and talk trash to us. On my mother's life I swear, the DC police would pull their car up in front of my friends house and ask us stuff like "I wanna lock you up, I can't wait to catch you slippin'. I'm gonna be there when you do. You're going to jail for 25 years." A lot of you have no idea what that is like.

Very seldom do I feel like I'm one of the most informed people on Extremeskins.com, but when it comes to talking about dealing/talking about jerkoff city cops, and talking about "life in the inner city," I'd venture to say I'm one of the most qualified....

My dad grew up around there, I think. He lived on Franklin Street in NE (in the Deanwood neighborhood) between the mid 1950s and into the 1970s.

Was not the nicest place in the city to grow up (though there were worse).

He never told me he had any problems with cops growing up, but from what I know about the DCPD, that wouldn't surprise me.

I don't care what people say...the cop in that vid was flat out racist and needs to be fired. Vid says it all.

Vid had nothing to do with racism. You saw a cop being a jerkoff and abusing his power, but nothing in that video even suggested racism. You want to know how I know that? The uniformed officer who came as backup was black, and he went ahead and put the kid in his car. If that plainclothes was racist, you would think that the backup wouldn't have gone along with it so easily. Cops like that guy would abuse their power to anyone.

I am a (probably fairly sheltered) straight-edge lower middle class white kid from VA with very little experience with police and generally an easy-going and calm person. I have also just finished law school and know my 4th Amendment rights and would have told the cop to shove it. Especially if i knew it was all being videotaped.

And you would also know that if you are on private property and asked to leave, you have to leave.

I am not a fan of what was done, but it was private property and the dude refused to leave which is why he was ultimately cuffed. Not for the tea and lemonade.

And you would also know that if you are on private property and asked to leave, you have to leave.

I am not a fan of what was done, but it was private property and the dude refused to leave which is why he was ultimately cuffed. Not for the tea and lemonade.

Why was he asked to leave? Seemed like a cop, who did not identify himself, asked him to leave purely to have a reason to continue harassing him. Should police officers really be allowed to eject people from private properity on a whim?

Why was he asked to leave? Seemed like a cop, who did not identify himself, asked him to leave purely to have a reason to continue harassing him. Should police officers really be allowed to eject people from private properity on a whim?

Was he working security at the liquor store? That's how I took it

Maybe there is a history here. Maybe these guys have been loitering in this parking lot for weeks. They obviously knew something would happen, they were right there with a camera.

I don't know any of this, but you don't either. And the cop didnt look racist so much as he looked afraid of being wrong.

Someone said it would be different if it were a white kid in chinos. Probably. Ot probably would have been different if it were Erkel or Carlton, too. Would it have been different if it were a white kid in baggy urban attire with a strong ghetto drawl? That's the question that should be asked I think

Archived